Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: All thing Android.

Quote Originally Posted by ebby View Post
    I've not used Layar actually. Must give it a go.

However, my interest in Thrutu was piqued by this LifeHacker article: http://lifehacker.com/5812732/thrutu...ation-and-more

Totally gonna give it a try.
    This looks great, but my friends have iPhones so...sort of useless?

Also, recommend SNES emulators for Android. I use SNES9x or whatever and it's not amazing, but I think my phone just isn't built well for emulation. Sadface, I want my Chrono Trigger fix on the train (without forking out MORE money for a new version of it).

my favorite apps on my HTC EVO are definitely:
    jog tracker pro- uses GPS to track runs, cycling, walking etc.
    amazon app store- gives you a free paid app everyday for free
    Netflix! - love having all my streaming right there on my phone and can hdmi it to the TV
    Tikl - free walkie talkie to anywhere- it's just fun

Quote Originally Posted by TalulaBelle View Post
    Netflix! - love having all my streaming right there on my phone and can hdmi it to the TV
    Thanks.

Disclaimer: This post was posted in Computers and Technology...
    It doesn't work the way I want it to, so it must be bugged.
    www.wowpedia.org/User:Egingell
    wow.curse.com/members/egingell.aspx

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    So, I finally rooted my phone using unrevoked, and it all went smoothly. Installed a ROMs that I didn't like initially, and then switched to a different one, Oxygen, that I really rather do like. I'm currently alternating between using Slidescreen pro as my home screen, or just the blank screen from Oxygen with just a three icon launcher dock on the screen. I really hate widgets and all that malarky.

It's solved my issue with storage space on the desire, as I can transfer most of my apps to the SD card now, with no hassle, and I've none of the silly HTC Sense pre-installed apps that I never used.

Taking a bit to get used to the different ways things run, but so far I'm not missing anything that I had with the HTC Sense version of android.

okie dokie. want a htc thunderbolt browser with privacy mode and controls, tabbed browsing and spell checker all in one place.

ideas?

what's better than firefox?

I use Opera Mobile. I tried Firefox, but it was slow, kept freezing and sometimes wouldn't respond when I pressed a link.

At the moment I'm trying out the default browser, Opera, and Dolphin to see what I like best.

I've recently picked up an Eee Pad Transformer as I "needed" it for work. It's running stock Android 3.1 at the moment and the default browser but I will experiment with some different ones. It seems pretty cool for note taking, mobile browsing, tweeting etc. and should be good for watching movies on train journeys although I haven't installed a decent media player yet.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Quote Originally Posted by Chalk View Post
    I use Opera Mobile. I tried Firefox, but it was slow, kept freezing and sometimes wouldn't respond when I pressed a link.
    Opera kinda stinks too. Also, you would think that an OS written by Google would have Google Chrome as its default browser.
    It doesn't work the way I want it to, so it must be bugged.
    www.wowpedia.org/User:Egingell
    wow.curse.com/members/egingell.aspx

Opera is ok, but not great. I kinda like some of the features of Dolphin - like fullscreen browsing, which is handy on a smaller handset. But I keep going back to the default browser that was bundled with my version Android.

Theming

I am really into theming atm. Here's some screens of the theme I am working on right now. My final goal is all dark apps and chrome accents.screenshot_68.jpgscreenshot_66.pngscreenshot_69.jpg

to the loneliest city in the world other pete's Avatar
    Anyone else have reliability problems with an HTC Desire's ""People"" (=contacts) list?

It brings together contacts from my Gmail account, and those saved on my phone, and each one can be linked to their FB/Twitter. But it's just lost all the non Gmail info. It did the same thing a few months ago. I'm sure I haven't changed any settings.

Ah. I gave up on storing any contact details anywhere other than in Google contacts, as it was annoying every time I got a new phone. So, anytime I save a number to my phone, I set it to save it to my Google Contacts instead.

The facebook sync feature in particular was one I was keen to disable after using it for a short while. It more than doubled the size of my contacts directory and was a complete memory hog, so I stopped bothering with it as space is an issue with my HTC Desire.

But yeah, I found it was more reliable to just store all your contacts in your Gmail contacts instead, and sync the phone with that, as then you just have one list of contacts that you can edit and sort into groups and the like on your computer instead of dealing with doing all that on a smaller screen.

to the loneliest city in the world other pete's Avatar
    ^ I have done this, I am Gmail's bitch but at least I know where all my contacts are held now. Previously if it was pulling some contact info from FB, I'd think I "had" the details in my address book but sever the FB link and they were gone.

I've bought two 3500mAh oversized replacement batteries (with a replacement back cover for the phone which thickens it by about 0.75cm) and an external charger. I get roughly 24hrs use from each battery, with one charging overnight, and no longer have to faff about shutting down apps and where I'll get my next charge boost. Phone's a bit heavier but I'm much happier on that front.

I've been waiting for the ROM I use to come out with an ICS version, but it's slow in getting there. Anyone else running a rooted phone with some version of ICS? Suggestions at all?