Page 113 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1981

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon. It's about a woman in the late 1950ies who gets left by her husband, moves back in with her parents and decides to become a stand-up comedienne. It's by the same people who created Gilmore Girls. Tony Shaloub and Alex Borstein are in it. It's just 8 episodes, but apparently Amazon ordered 2 seasons so there's going to be another one

oh and I love that they used this Barbra Streisand song from her debut album in one of the episodes

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Is anyone else watching Dark on Netflix? It's a German show with strong Stranger Things vibes. I'm only on the third episode, but really enjoying it. The first episode didn't interest me much, but it gets much better as it goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    Is anyone else watching Dark on Netflix? It's a German show with strong Stranger Things vibes. I'm only on the third episode, but really enjoying it. The first episode didn't interest me much, but it gets much better as it goes on.

I've finished the first season a couple of days ago. It ends up being a mix of any criminal tv show with 12 Monkeys. It's not bad, but it's not great. There are some very good ideas that they didn't fully use IMO.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waitressboy View Post
    I've finished the first season a couple of days ago. It ends up being a mix of any criminal tv show with 12 Monkeys. It's not bad, but it's not great. There are some very good ideas that they didn't fully use IMO.
    I think I'm on episode 5 or 6 now after a bout of insomnia and feeling the same. There is so much potential that is definitely being wasted.

I just finished The Sinner on Netflix. I know, I know, I'm late to the party. I thought it was good, but I realized I can't handle *MyStErY* anymore, so halfway through the episodes I just Googled what the fuck was going on and that made watching the rest of the episodes a bit more pleasurable for me. That's also where I finally found out where I knew Jessica Biel's husband from: he was that annoying girl's boyfriend on Girls.

Yay for all the broadchurch love!

Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    You might also like Marcella! They're similar but different enough to warrant watching both.
    I saw that one, and I did like it. A lot, in fact! Did you also catch River? Another British crime drama with a great lead character...

We also started watching Dark. I can see why people compare it to Stranger Things but it is its own different thing...
    So far I like it but at times it can be very Euro / German to a point that it's almost a stereotype... But I'm intrigued!

Also: the good place. Hi La Ri OUS! And some surprising depth, that season 1 finale had me like woah!
    Last edited by wout; 12-08-2017 at 02:36 PM.
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    I just finished The Sinner on Netflix. I know, I know, I'm late to the party. I thought it was good, but I realized I can't handle *MyStErY* anymore, so halfway through the episodes I just Googled what the fuck was going on and that made watching the rest of the episodes a bit more pleasurable for me. That's also where I finally found out where I knew Jessica Biel's husband from: he was that annoying girl's boyfriend on Girls.
    I kept waiting for someone to tell him 'you know nothing Jon Snow'. Damn those guys look alike!
    post28!

the juniper tree is mine Octopussy's Avatar
    Dark - imagine someone spliced together the first seasons of Stranger Things and Twin Peaks... except in German, but it barely makes a difference. It is so painfully derivative and I'm only starting the third episode. When that evil hotel lady started yelling at the town meeting about how the missing kid was ruining her business, I just had to LOL. COME ON NOW. "The Norwegians are leaving!!!", anyone?
    Last edited by Octopussy; 12-09-2017 at 11:42 PM.

The Sinner

It was great, then it was good, then the last chapter has that HUGE plot hole that ruined the whole show.
    I can't believe that NOBODY noticed that plot hole while they were writing, filming and editing every episode.

The Sinner

It was great, then it was good, then the last chapter has that HUGE plot hole that ruined the whole show.
    I can't believe that NOBODY noticed that plot hole while they were writing, filming and editing every episode.
    Plot hole?

Yeah, now I'm curious as well!
    post28!

Anybody watching Search Party? It's so funny and took such a dark turn in Season 2, I'm loving it.

So, this is the problem with The Sinner:

So, this is the problem with The Sinner:

Ok,

So, I binged all of Dark and I really loved it. I think it's closest comparison is actually Donnie Darko, which is one of my favorite movies of all time, so I'm down with that. I'm excited to see where they go with a second season if it gets renewed.

Now I'm onto Season 2 of The Crown and Season 1 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, both of which are great so far.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased