Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1731

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

I watched The Good Place twice in a row. It's the best comedy I've watched since Arrested Development.

Yesterday I watched The Mist and I swear I was so close to stab my eyes because it is offensively bad. And then a friend told to watch Blazing Transfer Students and I swear to god I have no idea what to think about it because I can't even explain what it is going on.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

So I never watched Broadchurch before. Now I did and you should too. Olivia Colman is simply amazing!
    post28!

^ I love that one.

Broadchurch season 1 (and 2) are so much love!

^ Season 3 is good too, so far.

it like Broadchurch too ! imo, the first season was the best, didn't like the 2nd as much, but the 3rd got good again

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi View Post
    it like Broadchurch too ! imo, the first season was the best, didn't like the 2nd as much, but the 3rd got good again
    yeah the 2nd dragged on a bit

I'm watching Grantchester at the moment! I've missed a series, but still like it

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    So I never watched Broadchurch before. Now I did and you should too. Olivia Colman is simply amazing!
    You might also like Marcella! They're similar but different enough to warrant watching both.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon. It's about a woman in the late 1950ies who gets left by her husband, moves back in with her parents and decides to become a stand-up comedienne. It's by the same people who created Gilmore Girls. Tony Shaloub and Alex Borstein are in it. It's just 8 episodes, but apparently Amazon ordered 2 seasons so there's going to be another one

oh and I love that they used this Barbra Streisand song from her debut album in one of the episodes

Is anyone else watching Dark on Netflix? It's a German show with strong Stranger Things vibes. I'm only on the third episode, but really enjoying it. The first episode didn't interest me much, but it gets much better as it goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    Is anyone else watching Dark on Netflix? It's a German show with strong Stranger Things vibes. I'm only on the third episode, but really enjoying it. The first episode didn't interest me much, but it gets much better as it goes on.

I've finished the first season a couple of days ago. It ends up being a mix of any criminal tv show with 12 Monkeys. It's not bad, but it's not great. There are some very good ideas that they didn't fully use IMO.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by waitressboy View Post
    I've finished the first season a couple of days ago. It ends up being a mix of any criminal tv show with 12 Monkeys. It's not bad, but it's not great. There are some very good ideas that they didn't fully use IMO.
    I think I'm on episode 5 or 6 now after a bout of insomnia and feeling the same. There is so much potential that is definitely being wasted.

I just finished The Sinner on Netflix. I know, I know, I'm late to the party. I thought it was good, but I realized I can't handle *MyStErY* anymore, so halfway through the episodes I just Googled what the fuck was going on and that made watching the rest of the episodes a bit more pleasurable for me. That's also where I finally found out where I knew Jessica Biel's husband from: he was that annoying girl's boyfriend on Girls.

Yay for all the broadchurch love!

Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    You might also like Marcella! They're similar but different enough to warrant watching both.
    I saw that one, and I did like it. A lot, in fact! Did you also catch River? Another British crime drama with a great lead character...

We also started watching Dark. I can see why people compare it to Stranger Things but it is its own different thing...
    So far I like it but at times it can be very Euro / German to a point that it's almost a stereotype... But I'm intrigued!

Also: the good place. Hi La Ri OUS! And some surprising depth, that season 1 finale had me like woah!
    Last edited by wout; 12-08-2017 at 02:36 PM.
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    I just finished The Sinner on Netflix. I know, I know, I'm late to the party. I thought it was good, but I realized I can't handle *MyStErY* anymore, so halfway through the episodes I just Googled what the fuck was going on and that made watching the rest of the episodes a bit more pleasurable for me. That's also where I finally found out where I knew Jessica Biel's husband from: he was that annoying girl's boyfriend on Girls.
    I kept waiting for someone to tell him 'you know nothing Jon Snow'. Damn those guys look alike!
    post28!