Page 1 of 112 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

What are you watching - the TV edition

I'm re-watching Band of Brothers, this time on bluray.
    Last episode I watched was one of the best ones: the Bastogne episode (snow, forest, medic Eugene, frostbite, chocolate and french nurses). Best mini-series ever, yes/yes?
    post28!

YES.

It's a truly brutal show. I felt shell shocked myself just watching, but each episode had a tiny moment of beauty, like a grace note in music. Loved that series so much.... I have the recent Pacific series, but have only watched one episode. Good so far, we'll see! Are you watching that?

What I'm watching:
    True Blood S3 (airing)
    Dr. Who (Tennant, S3)
    Breaking Bad, S3
    Treme (stockpiled all of S1, will blitz through them at once)
    Justified S1
    Glee S1 (last two episodes are waiting on my DVR)

Shell shocked is the right word. And yet, sometimes it's the scenes without blood that get to you the most. Like the little Dutch boy that never tasted chocolate before, the hairclipping of the women who slept with germans, the left-over laundry packs of the soldiers who died etc etc. BoB is brilliant with stuff like that. I also thought the way each episode focussed on different characters was a genius idea.

I haven't watched the Pacific yet... Heard mixed things about it, though. But I'll probably pick up the box set anyway. I'm a sucker for war movies / tv shows.
    post28!

Right now I'm only watching True Blood. All my shows just ended! I'm looking forward to Hung in a few weeks, though. I love me some Thomas Jane.

I'm rewatching the It Crowd (new season starts next week!).
    True Blood
    The Good Guys (a new cop buddy comedy with Colin Hanks and that guy from the West Wing, and it's actually good. It's on Fox, so I'm expecting cancellation.)
    Burn Notice (I need my Bruce Campbell fix)
    Justified
    Trem
    Dr. WHo (s5 I'm saving it for this weekend.)
    Lie To Me (I don't perticularly like this series, but I'm really bored these days, and I like Tim Roth)
    Breaking Bad (just ended this weekend, but I saved it for the upcoming weeks).

Icon15 BAH! where's the post-28?!

I've been watching Bones on Netflix instant viewing. I'm about 2/3 through the fourth season, and I've been really enjoying it. I love all of the characters and I am charmed by how goofy the episodes can be without losing my interest.

ALL of Lost, Buffy, and Angel are on instant viewing, too. Hello, summer!

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    When Nurse Jackie comes back to BBC2, I will be watching that!

I am also thinking of going back to my ER collection this summer (the early seasons are so good). And I have lots on my mental list to explore as well.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    I've yet to watch the end of Glee, and I'm watching the current Dr. Who. I'm also looking forward to watching True Blood, but other than that, I'm not really watching any other tv right now.

What kind of fuckery is this? emptytuileries's Avatar
    Recording list every week:

True Blood
    American Pickers
    The States
    Oprah
    Ellen

Thinking of starting The United States of Tara. Maybe.

weeaboo artshag unicron insanitykun's Avatar
    True Blood
    Work of Art, which is a great show so far, though art-wise it is obviously incredibly dodgy, and the photographer makes me want to puke
    Top Chef: DC
    I'll probably watch Warehouse 13 on Hulu
    Whoooo
    AND RUPAUL'S DRAG U NEXT MONTH.
    TEN YARDS. tumblr.//etsy. PHOTO. sam branman

Doctor OHO, obviously.

I want to start with True Blood season 3, but we've been CAPPED, so it ain't happening.

And I'm rewatching a lot of Futurama in preparation for the new season. It's also got me revisiting some earlier Simpsons stuff, which holds up incredibly well (I'm talking season 5ish).

Currently catching up on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (still on the third season) and needing to watch the spring episodes of Glee.

fulfiller of the mullet prophecy eednic's Avatar
    Burn Notice

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I like this idea for a thread. Sometimes I have a thought or a question but don't want to start an entire thread on some random show. This'll be perfect.

I'm watching Veronica Mars. I didn't watch it when it was on. I don't know why. I watched the whole series a few months ago, but decided to re-watch this week. Knowing how things turn out, there are so many hints and foreshadowing and funny aneurysm moments that I couldn't see the first time.

Kathy Griffin on The View.
    Is there anything else you would like to say Elizabeth?
    How amusingly uncomfortable. I think the new 'Dlist' starts tonight, the clips looked hilarious.