Page 140 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140
Results 2,086 to 2,094 of 2094

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

I’ve never actually seen the movie but I enjoyed the series.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Elite season 2 is on Netflix. Been looking forward to returning to this story and four episodes in it hasn’t disappointed.
    It’s a fun little show. But the budget must have doubled because everything from lighting to hair and makeup has been elevated.
    This show is very “guilty pleasure-y” with loads of drama, sex and murder in an Elite Spanish high school.
    I’m pretty pissed at Ander right now. The two characters that never meant harm to anyone, Ander and Omar, have their first flaw.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    ^ yeah, I really love that show. It has beautiful imagery yet is so gritty.
    Only bad thing about it is that my favorite character
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Elite is essentially a Spanish soap opera but I’ll be damned if it doesn’t rope you in. I’ve already binged the whole second season.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I’ve already binged the whole second season.
    Did the same. Sometimes I feel like withdrawing from society for a day or so, and stuff like this is ideal for it. So, I starfished on the couch for an evening and a sunday, telling bs lies to the ones I love the most, "Sorry I can't, I've got so much important stuff to do today!"
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Did the same. Sometimes I feel like withdrawing from society for a day or so, and stuff like this is ideal for it. So, I starfished on the couch for an evening and a sunday, telling bs lies to the ones I love the most, "Sorry I can't, I've got so much important stuff to do today!"
    Same. I didn’t leave my house on Sunday. I watched Elite instead.

This:

and can't wait for this:

Last edited by Alamo; 09-13-2019 at 09:23 AM.

I watched The Handmaid's Tale movie from 1990. I thought it was interesting to see how the movie and (season 1 of) the TV-show, both using the exact same source material, came to two such stylistically different products. Sure, the movie is dated, but even elements like the motivation of the main character (Kate/June), the Moira character, and even the way 'the Ceremony' was handled, was different. Recommended, if you're interested in a different (but certainly not better) execution of the story, or if you just want to see a trashy 90s movie

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I finished Elite Season 2
    It was soooooooooo good. This season like with the latest Stranger Things, I think they gave every character more stuff to do and more things to grow from and through. Glad we got to actually see that Lu isn’t a complete monster.

No spoilers
    I did get a little weepy for Nadia’s scene in the last episode.
    I do think that Carla really “was his” for a time.
    And the final shot was sooooo good. They don’t necessarily have to do another season but I hope they do just from that shot of him looking up.

So episode 7 at the very end when everyone is freaking out from the party and they played “Los Dias Raros” by Vetusta Morla over all that crazy drama was probably my favorite sequence from any of the Netflix shows this Fall/year. It was such a great edit with such great music.
    Last edited by Volta; Yesterday at 04:16 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.