Page 142 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143 LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2137

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Ummmm Amy Sedaris as a Ripley homage in Mandalorian?

So so great. She's perfect.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    MING NA WEN. I shouted out. In excitement. But then I felt sad because I realised I hadnt seen any Chinese actors in mainstream television for like 30 years.
    Join the Unf Discord (any device)! 60+ folks have already joined. https://discord.gg/6ek5qzz

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Yes! She is awesome in this too!

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    I'm really enjoying Watchmen. The story is legitimately bonkers in places. It's got that same kind of feeling as The Leftovers or WestWorld do. The "I have no earthly idea what some of this even means, but I know it will make sense eventually so I'm just going to enjoy the puzzle for what it is." And the acting is superb.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    The Witcher - Netflix. Heck of a show to be watching feverish on antibiotics and two different cough syrups.
    It’s not worthy enough to play in the snow from Game of Thrones boots. But it’s a new fantasy world. And Henry Cavill is shirtless some times.
    He kind of looks like Daniel Day-Lewis from Last of The Mohicans meets Legolas.

There’s a song at the end of ep2 that sounds like something Tori would have written “Toss a coin to your Witcher. Oh valor ‘a plenty. Oh valor ‘a plenty.”
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Watchmen really loved this. How the story was told was interesting. Some time skipping which was fun. The acting was fantastic especially Regina King's.

Succession Finished season 2. The entire Roy family can die in a fire. They are awful toward their family members and everyone around them. There is not one redeeming quality among the lot of them. However it does make for some excellent viewing.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Anne with an E. This is such a great show, it shows the power of odd and single people (especially women).

Le Bazar de la Charité. The first episode is not for the faint of heart, a horrific but very realistic depiction of people trapped in a burning building.
    Join the Unf Discord (any device)! 60+ folks have already joined. https://discord.gg/6ek5qzz

It is I, you son of a bitch. blissgurl's Avatar
    Just started watching AJ and the Queen with RuPaul on Netflix last night. It's somewhat predictable but a fun show nonetheless. I'm enjoying it.
    Suck it, Shawn.

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    I was thinking of watching Ozark. Any feedback?
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

It’s really dark but I love it. I mean, it’s Laura Linney.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    I was thinking of watching Ozark. Any feedback?
    Do it, it's awesome. You'll shout at your tv screen when things fall even further apart and it's glorious!
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by blissgurl View Post
    Just started watching AJ and the Queen with RuPaul on Netflix last night. It's somewhat predictable but a fun show nonetheless. I'm enjoying it.
    I think it's insufferable. I made a point of at least watching the entire first episode. The kid is fucking annoying, RuPaul's acting abilities are lower than expected and the writing is horrible. Was expecting slightly more from the guy who brought us Sex & the City and (one of my favorite shows ever) The Comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post

Succession Finished season 2. The entire Roy family can die in a fire. They are awful toward their family members and everyone around them. There is not one redeeming quality among the lot of them. However it does make for some excellent viewing.
    The best thing about Succession is that opening song! I had to look up the sheet music!!!

I'm hate watching You. Its like a slutty poorer version of Dexter.
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post
    I'm hate watching You. Its like a slutty poorer version of Dexter.
    People say you have to hang on, but it is kind of unbearable to me.

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post
    The best thing about Succession is that opening song! I had to look up the sheet music!!!
    Isn't it amazing? It's like he's making a grand, sweeping theme using instruments -- 808s, detuned piano, seasick strings -- that make everything sound gloriously wrong. Grandeur with rot at the core. Perfect for the Roys. If you're interested, here is a deep dive analysis of the theme. There are also some great memes out there.

Ryan and wout, thanks for the feedback. Ozark is in my queue.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?