Page 130 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131 LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 1955

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    This might be a little bit spoilery about Sharp Objects but here are a few things I don't like about the show.

1. Camille's actual job, what she does for a living, is such an afterthought that I almost don't even think it should have been included. You never see her really doing anything that a
    would do in a situation like this. The appeal of the show is definitely not for people who like to get lost in investigative/mystery stuff. It much more about the psychological stuff.

If there is an appeal, I think it is the fact that all the evil, all the bad, everything that happens is from
    . And that is kind of novel, I suppose. It could be enough, such a rare thing to see on tv for people to really love this show and the book for that matter. My issue is, even in that case, it just isn't filmed or written well enough. Maybe it is.
    BUT
    2. Her relationship with her boss and her bosses wife feels out of place.
    3. The suspects could have had more to do.
    But this is an adaptation.. they could have changed so much and they decided not to.

You can have
    and still have a very balanced and interesting murder mystery going on apart from that. Especially in 8 hours of television.
    Last edited by Volta; 08-26-2018 at 03:25 PM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I rewatched the first season of Legion and then I saw the season 2.
    I am still not sure about all the things that happened there. There's one particular episode that I couldn't understand if it was relevant or not. It's still the best show on air IMO.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

I loved Sharp Objects. It’s a nice slow burn of a show. Amy Adams is such an incredible actress. Plus who can resist Patricia Clarkson and Elizabeth Perkins in roles like that. And Chris Messina is so handsome.
    Last edited by MikeEP; 08-31-2018 at 12:44 AM.

streak his blood across my beak PoorMatty's Avatar
    I thought Sharp Objects was perfect. One of the situations where the show/movie is better than the book. Patricia Clarkson was amazing of course, but I was absolutely blown away be Eliza Scanlen. And this was her first major role! She was unbelievably convincing and powerful in a very difficult and complicated role.

I loved it. I was excited for every episode. Now I guess I need to read the book.

I didn't love the ending, and I thought episodes 7-8 missed the subtlety that the show worked so hard to build in the first 6, but overall, I loved it, too. Plus Amy Adams is supernaturally talented. What an absolute tour de force this was for her.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    The Sharp Objects finale, I thought, was truly incredible. I'm still thinking about it and unpacking it almost 2 weeks later.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    NINE NINE

PSA: Ozark is the best Netflix show ever and Laura Linney needs to win some serious awards for her part.
    post28!

^ Yep. I binged season two in like four days.

Because of my obsessive completist streak, I'm making my way through Iron Fist Season 2, which is admittedly nowhere near as bad as their first year. But what really struck me about these new episodes is how strong an actress Jessica Stroup is. I'm not really familiar with her other work, as I never watched 90210 or the movies she's been in, but she has this really undeniable, old Hollywood-style presence. I don't know if this will be her big break or anything, but she certainly deserves one, and sooner rather than later.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    La Casa de Las Flores (The House of Flowers) on Netflix is hilarious, adorable, sexy, moving and just all around good TV.

I've also been binge watching A Haunting. LOL Cheesy and spooky!

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    La Casa de Las Flores (The House of Flowers) on Netflix is hilarious, adorable, sexy, moving and just all around good TV.

I've also been binge watching A Haunting. LOL Cheesy and spooky!
    La Casa De Las Flores was a HUGE success in Latin America. And the character of Paulina, the oldest daughter that Speaks Se Pa Ra Ting The Sy Lla Bels was a boom here, lots of people were recording themselves talking like that.

Quote Originally Posted by waitressboy View Post
    La Casa De Las Flores was a HUGE success in Latin America. And the character of Paulina, the oldest daughter that Speaks Se Pa Ra Ting The Sy Lla Bels was a boom here, lots of people were recording themselves talking like that.
    Seriously though, that shit is weird. Does she do that in all her performances? I actually liked her acting but the affectation became increasingly grating.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNamedErised View Post
    Seriously though, that shit is weird. Does she do that in all her performances? I actually liked her acting but the affectation became increasingly grating.
    Hahahahaha no, the truth is that originally Paulina was supposed to talk in a normal speed; there's an old promo sniper where she appears talking in her normal speed. But she said that before they started toe shooting, she thought about doing that with Paulina's voice (she said its some sort of tribute to a person who talks like that, but she didn't say who) and they went with it. It's irritating and fascinating at the same time; the first weeks after the show was released everybody at my job was talking like her. We just couldn't avoid it, it was hypnotic.