Page 144 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2190

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Just finished The New Pope. I really liked it. A lot of ground was covered in just 9 episodes. I watched each episode twice because the various accents sometimes made it hard to catch everything and Jude Law, who until now was not at all attractive to me. The most interesting character however is Voiello (sp?).

This season had a fever dream/Twin Peaks quality at times that I found delightful. The pretend politics of the Vatican were interesting. The couple of cameos were okay, at least amusing.

It ended in a way that leads me to believe there won't be a third season. It ended well enough though.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

It is I, you son of a bitch. blissgurl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    Hunters

It's worth watching. Has anyone else seen it?
    My boyfriend and I started watching it this past weekend and binged the first four episodes. I think we're on episode 6 now, and we're definitely digging it. It's refreshing to see Pacino in a role where he is truly acting for a change, as opposed to his more typical Scorcese/gangster flick performance that he can practically phone in at this point. Hunters is a well done and interesting show for sure, albeit extremely violent. To me there is a slight, strange kind of superhero vibe to the show, especially with how they introduced the characters and the show's opening sequence. I'm interested in seeing how they wrap things up for the season.
    Suck it, Shawn.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    A couple episodes into Elite3.
    Gotta watch my “stories!”

Loving it so far per usual. And it brings up a little news from Netflix

1.) the second season of Russian Doll was to start filming at the end of this month. It’s obviously postponed.

2.) season 4-5 of Elite will have an entirely new cast. I saw the video where the current cast says this is an end and the story will be “complete.” The actress who plays Cayetana (spelling?) said grab your tissues.
    All the actors thanked their fans and all that good stuff.
    Last edited by Volta; 03-14-2020 at 12:16 PM.
    I move with the trees in the breeze I know that time is elastic.

Florence is not your bitch. Steve SFM's Avatar
    So they got the sequel together? That's great. Russian Doll was one of the best things I saw last year.
    You are not burdening anyone who truly cares about you, by telling someone you feel scared by this. It is scary. Don’t try and be a hero, just be fucking afraid and tell someone. Jessica Barden

^Yes! Sad that it's postponed I am sure that is going on with a lot of shows now that there are so many of them out there with so many platforms. Entertainment biz getting hit hard.

Elite 3 was soooo soooo good.

...and may I just say, incredible music/soundtrack as usual.

^
    ^

^I just wish the US would get something as good as this.

They really know how to get it right. The actors, the writing, music, lighting, continuity with all that.

I've heard mostly complaints about season three of Elite. Honestly, I went in with very low expectations. It's hard to hit gold three times. I believe the third season has a different feel and that it ended how it should have ended for the most part. I will be rewatching over the course of the next couple weeks!!

!!Carole fn Baskins!!

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    Well, someone just watched Tiger King. what a ride. Joe Exotic was born in my hometown and I assume grew up in the environs. I am, sadly, unsurprised by his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    !!Carole fn Baskins!!
    Villian or victim?
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

The reason I posted that like that was because in the series it seems everyone that refers to her always uses her whole name and they really put some real umph behind it. I mean.. especially Joe. CAROLE FN BASKINS! There's a lot of effort put into it. Like just alone the name is derogatory or maybe other worldly.
    Last edited by Volta; 03-30-2020 at 03:45 AM.

It is I, you son of a bitch. blissgurl's Avatar
    We just finished watching Tiger King last night, what a crazy ride. We binged it in two nights because all of the people are so crazy that they're very compelling to watch and we had to know how it all played out.

Does anyone here watch Better Call Saul? My boyfriend and I think its one of the best shows on tv right now, the acting, the directing, the cinematography, the writing, are all top notch. So far this current season is really good, perhaps the best yet, although it's hard to say. Getting ready to watch the latest episode in a bit.
    Suck it, Shawn.

Florence is not your bitch. Steve SFM's Avatar
    Ellen Page was with Ari Melber on MSNBC talking about her new documentary There's Something In The Water (about environmental racism in her home province of Nova Scotia). Now, Ari generally asks smart and probing questions, but he likes to throw in pop cultural references too. (Usually, but not always, about rap.) So he asks her about something he thinks might be competing with her film.

There's Something In The Water is on Netflix.

So honestly. Should I watch this thing about Mr. Exotic? Oops, almost forgot....

There's Something In The Water

Ellen does something with this that, while hardly unique, works very well for her: she makes herself part of the story. Her take: "Hi. I'm a rich white gay woman with a boatload of privilege. I want to learn about the rot at the soul of where I grew up. PLEASE TEACH ME." Then, she finds a woman of color with the knowledge she seeks, points the camera at her, and shuts up. It works pretty damned well. The film is divided into three parts, after a prologue that includes cute baby pictures of the director. The first two parts work best, maybe because they concentrate on one woman apiece. Watch out for the second woman; she'll crush your heart in minutes flat.

So yeah, lots of good information and a remarkable amount of emotional heft. Well done, Ms. Tiny Canadian.
    You are not burdening anyone who truly cares about you, by telling someone you feel scared by this. It is scary. Don’t try and be a hero, just be fucking afraid and tell someone. Jessica Barden