Page 145 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2190

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

Quote Originally Posted by blissgurl View Post
    Does anyone here watch Better Call Saul? My boyfriend and I think its one of the best shows on tv right now, the acting, the directing, the cinematography, the writing, are all top notch. So far this current season is really good, perhaps the best yet, although it's hard to say. Getting ready to watch the latest episode in a bit.
    YEEEEES, I do and I love it so so much

I love the pacing and to watch how all characters evolve. Sometimes how a character behaves is unforseable for me, but it is always convincing.
    And to see so much of Mike - great (There was this one episode with him participating in a self-help group: "You wanted me to talk - I talked")

Last night’s Saul was so good. All the awards should belong to Rhea Seehorn. And that final scene with Howard!
    Last edited by Nick; 03-31-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Last night’s Saul was so good. All the awards should belong to Rhea Seehorn. And that final scene with Harry!
    ohhhh, that is torture...there is always a delay in germany, I have to wait till tomorrow evening to watch that episode...

I’m so sick of hearing about Tiger King. It was unwatchable.

I might finally jump back into Better Call Saul though. Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever created IMO. I started Saul when it started but didn’t get past the first half of the first season. Now that I’m stuck at home I’ll give it another shot.

Florence is not your bitch. Steve SFM's Avatar
    I want to watch a multiple-season series I haven't yet seen.

The Wire, The Good Place, The Leftovers....I need to just pick one and go.
    You are not burdening anyone who truly cares about you, by telling someone you feel scared by this. It is scary. Don’t try and be a hero, just be fucking afraid and tell someone. Jessica Barden

^You MUST watch The Leftovers! It is a sprawling and devastating three seasons of television! (Be warned though, it might hit close to home, being about a global event that permanently changes everyone's lives).

It is I, you son of a bitch. blissgurl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Last night’s Saul was so good. All the awards should belong to Rhea Seehorn. And that final scene with Howard!
    Yes, how Rhea Seahorn has not been nominated for anything yet is just criminal! Most of the actors deserve awards honestly. Bob Odenkirk was just amazing in that final scene.
    Suck it, Shawn.

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HumptyDumpty View Post
    I’m so sick of hearing about Tiger King. It was unwatchable.
    I watched it when it was first getting buzz. It was interesting at first, but now I’m sick of the weird fandom that’s developed for Joe Exotic. Maybe because he’s from my hometown the novelty just doesn’t quite catch me the same as others. I know plenty like him (although they’re mostly straight). They’re terrible, bigoted, dangerous people. And the misogyny towards Carole is unnerving. Maybe she killed her husband, or maybe she didn’t. No real evidence as of yet. He sounded like a fucking predator asshole. I guess the Innocent Till Proven Guilty flag people like to wave around doesn’t apply to women.

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    The Leftovers had one of the most seriously satisfying finales I've ever seen in a show. The acting in some episodes is breathtaking. I cant reccomend it enough.

I saw someone comment that the whole Tiger King thing was a cautionary tale about toxic masculinity and it seemed pretty spot-on.

Tiger King was all sorts of fucked up and it also illustrated how the egomaniacs at the top used and abused people, and the ones who I felt really sad for in the end were all the people either working under them or being outright or borderline abused in relationships with them.

Despite all the fighting and lawsuits and bitchfests, Joe, Doc, Carol, etc. were all the same manipulative, twisted, controlling people.

Florence is not your bitch. Steve SFM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    The Leftovers had one of the most seriously satisfying finales I've ever seen in a show. The acting in some episodes is breathtaking. I cant reccomend it enough.
    I think I've heard "breathtaking" used to describe Carrie Coon. I quite like her, along with Theroux and Qualley. (Margaret Qualley. Now that's an interesting actress.) Between you and plastic husband, I think that's a go.

Unless I should watch Tiger King first.
    You are not burdening anyone who truly cares about you, by telling someone you feel scared by this. It is scary. Don’t try and be a hero, just be fucking afraid and tell someone. Jessica Barden

I just finished OZARK S3E1 and it was so damn perfect I almost don't want to watch anymore of the season because it can only be downhill from here.

Other Quarantine binges I've completed:
    * Tiger King [Netflix] - If you haven't seen it then what are you waiting for? The memes in your feed do not do it justice. It must be experienced.
    * The Outsider - S1 [HBO] - Great for binging. A detective procedural mixed with a tinge of the supernatural. X-Files vibes. Cynthia Erivo steals the show.
    * You're The Worst S1-5 [Hulu] - Binged the complete series. I watched S1 when it first came out years ago, but somehow lost track of it and never picked it back up. Once all the FX show became available on Hulu I dove back in. It's got drama, comedy, sex, and an awesome theme song. Highly recommended.
    * Legion - S3 [Hulu] - If you have slept on this show, then now is the time jump in! Highly binge-able show. This is a story in three parts and the whole series is now available, three seasons totaling 27 episodes. As an X-Man fan, I was highly pleased by this series. The astral plane and what it means to be a telepath were always my favorite stories in the comics. It's got a perfect cast as well, led by Dan Stevens & Aubrey Plaza.
    * Single Parents - S2 [Hulu] - The creator of New Girl is co-creator of this show, which is one of the main reasons I stick with it despite it being so mediocre. It's mostly background TV for me. But the guy who plays Jimmy from You're The Worst pops in for the final two episodes of the season, which was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by plastic•husband View Post
    ^You MUST watch The Leftovers! It is a sprawling and devastating three seasons of television! (Be warned though, it might hit close to home, being about a global event that permanently changes everyone's lives).
    True, I'm not sure if now is the best time to binge Leftovers, but it is a spectacular show. I watched each season week to week when it aired and barely kept it together. It's all about coping with loss. So I dunno, maybe the opposite is true and now is the perfect time to binge it. Just get ready for feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    I think I've heard "breathtaking" used to describe Carrie Coon. I quite like her, along with Theroux and Qualley. (Margaret Qualley. Now that's an interesting actress.) Between you and plastic husband, I think that's a go.

Unless I should watch Tiger King first.
    Can't wait to hear what you think.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I always enjoy the hot true crime train wreck shows but I always resist watching them initially. Like I don't want to be peer pressured or FOMOd into watching them. But eventually I relent and I'm halfway through Tiger King and holy fuck what a mess. I love it. I hate it. Everyone is awful and I've never met anyone like them and yet they are exactly like people I know.

The Leftovers was so good but I cannot touch something like that right now. I heard some people like to watch Contagion and Outbreak or other disease stuff and/or apocalypse shows/movies (The Leftovers is neither but has that tone) as their way of coping but it would stress me out too much. I need escapism. I'm not picking up The Stand maybe ever again. I read Wanderers at the end of last year and I won't be rereading that one. I am very much looking forward to Onward being on Disney+ tomorrow.