Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135
Results 2,011 to 2,024 of 2024

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

umbrella company

Good stuff so far. Superhero story (x-men academy) with a twist.
    post28!

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I am a huge Gregg Araki fan. I have seen previews for his new show on STARZ called "Now Apocalypse."
    If I don't want to upgrade my cable package - if I do then I fall out of my locked rate... what is there for me to do? As a prime member should i just take on the Starz subscription? Total first world problem. And I am willing to wait until this comes out on DVD/Streaming service.. it's just.. I don't know if STARZ does that.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Eurovision

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    I am a huge Gregg Araki fan. I have seen previews for his new show on STARZ called "Now Apocalypse."
    If I don't want to upgrade my cable package - if I do then I fall out of my locked rate... what is there for me to do? As a prime member should i just take on the Starz subscription? Total first world problem. And I am willing to wait until this comes out on DVD/Streaming service.. it's just.. I don't know if STARZ does that.
    I have STARZ for free this weekend. See when you get a free preview weekend? And if you called them, you could ask if you could upgrade to a similar rate, swap some channels out maybe. The worst they can say is no.

I got the urge to rewatch Party Down and imagine my surprise upon recognizing one of the guest stars in the first season: Stormy Daniels. I try to take a break from the current political climate and it follows me anyway.

Thank you. I’m going to try that.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Just watched "Behind the Curve" - highly enjoyable documentary about flat earthers. It gives a lot of insight into the psychological motivation of people that believe in insane conspiracy theories (such as flat earthers, anti-vaxxers and the like) - main point of interest here are the scientists and other experts reflecting on the phenomenon.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

I think I’d get too angry or die of second-hand embarrassment watching something like that. I keep seeing articles about it but I don’t know if I can sit through it.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Yeah I know what you mean, I had the same reservations, which is why I posted.... but it is all about the insightful psychology really. How people have the correct curiosity, but lacking the means of critical thinking and scientific expression. They even end up debunking their own theory through science.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Flat-Eartherism is more rampant than many will ever know. There is a religious group that lives two towns down that protested outside our former planned parenthood. When they got them shutdown, riding the momentum of their victory, they took to doing the same protests with the same signs at McDonald’s.
    Finally the town made them file for permits and they left for bigger towns. When IU Southeast had its diversity week back then they protested that claiming God is against diversity.
    They would scream bloody murder while counter protesters having way too much fun for my comfort screamed back. The churches goal was to video tape and file lawsuits if their first amendment rights were violated. The school simply videotaped back and they left.
    The literature they passed out had really sciencey explanations about the Earth being flat and everything rising and setting on the flat land and nothing more. This was a massive church.
    Finally I think their leader passed away. But not before counter protesters made him so mad he scaled the county courthouse and got his old af ass all the way to the top. Like Spider-Man. I couldn’t believe he didnt fall to his death. But. Yea
    Last edited by Volta; 03-11-2019 at 12:27 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Watched the first episode of Now Apocalypse on STARZ.
    It's only 30 minute episodes and I don't think that's enough.

Essentially, the show is for people who love the movies NOWHERE and KABOOM. In fact, I'm worried the show is going to be unwatchable to people who have not seen those movies as it seems to be the love child of the two and relies heavily on people understanding that "90210 on Acid" vibe.

The first episode literally nothing happens to hook someone new to Gregg Araki. It's a shame.
    Last edited by Volta; 03-15-2019 at 03:24 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    ^
    I feel the same way. I love all of Gregg Araki's stuff. His first 3 films have a special place in my heart. That said, that pilot was kind of a mess. I enjoyed it for what it was, but I'm slightly worried about what is to come.

The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann - Netflix

It really has all the excitement you'd expect similar to the other mystery docu-series Netflix has put out including Making a Murderer, The Keepers, Genius, etc.

What you'll notice is that the first episode has, as of now, only a 1 star review. Each episode as you go along gets more stars. This tells me that a lot of people are pretty familiar with this case. I am not. So when certain episodes that are designed to make you think this person(s) is or isn't guilty I go or I went along with it. As the facts are cemented the more the episodes progress to what we know today.. the more stars they get.

I really hope other people like me don't just stop at episode 3 and say they've had enough because of course everything you're told is fact in that episode ends up being completely turned on its head by the same people telling you that at the time.

I never expected to have another mystery series like this so soon from Netflix. Are there any more? I really like them.
    Last edited by Volta; 03-17-2019 at 07:06 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Good news, bad news