Page 124 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125 LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 1870

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

Sweet! Thanks.
    My face screams without an emotion

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

Yes, B-99, The Mick, New Girl (again), and Last Man On Earth were all canceled today. I think Empire and Simpsons are like 2/3 of the returning shows for fall 2018.

And I slightly disagree with the premise that that was the best scene on tv this season. The Train Problem on The Good Place, the recently mentioned scene from Happy, the Rubik's Cube in LMOE... those are also all strong contenders.

Ugh, I'm gutted about B99 and Last Man on Earth. The former is the most positive, likable, inclusive and most importantly FUNNY show on TV with powerful, nuanced POC and LGBT characters. And Last Man on Earth was admittedly uneven but a) was, at its best, as effective a drama as it was a comedy and b) was the most visually beautiful show on network television - seriously, the set design, color palette, landscapes, props - everything about that show looked expensive. Oh - and literally EVERY line out of Mary Steenburgen's mouth was GOLD.

Allegedly FOX is simultaneously reviving Tim Allen's awful "likable conservative" show Last Man Standing. Like, seriously, fucking kill me.

If they kill Lucifer too, at least I won't have to turn on Fox anymore.

*Unrelated to today's TV misery - replying to conversation earlier in the thread - Killing Eve is so good. What a great cast. Sandra Oh The only problem with the show is that my boyfriend doesn't "binge" so I have to wait a really long time between episodes.
    Last edited by Nick; 05-11-2018 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    My boyfriend doesn't "binge" so I have to wait a really long time between episodes.
    DEALBREAKER! :P

Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    DEALBREAKER! :P
    It's been a struggle...

Can I just say FUCK YOU to Fox for canceling Lucifer today. They're systematically eliminating all of their shows with LGBT characters and resurrecting that Tim Allen abortion in their place.

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    Channel Zero season 3, "Butcher's Block", is better than Dark, ST2, and most seasons of AHS. I haven't been this satisfied with a horror series in a while. There's shades of Phantasm, Candyman, nods to David Lynch, and a subplot about the onset of schizophrenia which is so, so heartbreaking.

The second season of Atlanta has been amazing. There's nothing else like it on TV right now.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I think everything else is going to be toast (maybe someone might pick up LMOE for even just a movie... can't end on that cliffhanger!) but

NBC rescues 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' one day after Fox canceled it

The series, wrapping up its fifth season May 20, will return for 13 new episodes (down from 22 on Fox), but likely won't resurface until early 2019.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    "Feud" - super well done, very entertaining. Strongly recommend.

Evil genius
    Netflix is desperately trying to make another Making A Muderer. This is not the case. It's entertaining, maybe because it's short, only four episodes. But it's nothing special, just ok.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    ^I just finished episode 1 and not trying to disagree for the sake of being mean spirited or anything.. but I find it more captivating than Making and Murder and The Keepers already.
    Maybe it's just been a long while since I've gotten into a show like this (The Keepers) where I don't know anything at all about it and hopefully the ending leaves me trying to solve the puzzle myself, again.

I'm pretty easily entertained, tho, and what bothers me so much already with the authorities in this case (and something has to bother me a bit for me to really get into it) is how many cooks are in this "investigating" kitchen. Look at how much energy they put into speculation. I mean, they kinda overkilled the profile of this person/suspect. They should have just said to the public "Do you know a Macgyver in the tri-state? We're looking for any Macgyver's out there."

I'm only on episode 1 and I am happy to know that there are only 4 in this series. I mean, I loved the other two I've even rewatched parts.. but. yea.

The end of episode 1 when they have that 911 call
    Yup. This is going to be a good show.
    Last edited by Volta; 05-16-2018 at 05:47 AM.
    Miss Vanjieeee. Miss Vanjiee. ..Miss Van..

The Americans is halfway through its final season and so far it's been much stronger than the atypical unevenness that was Season 5, but I also feel like there's a lot of emotional beats they need to hit before the bitter end and they're running out of time to get there.

The Terror has been consistently fantastic and I can't wait for the finale this week (or next week?).

The first installment of Patrick Melrose on Showtime was absolutely wonderful and everything that embodies the novels, i.e. wit so dry it could catch on fire and a compelling depiction of abuse, addiction, and the struggle towards reformation.

Has anyone been watching the second season of Legion? I really loved the first season but I also fear that its schtick might start to wear thin if it goes on too long...
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Finished Evil Genius and I feel like we have a real full-circle moment. They interviewed a Borkowski.

They interviewed a Borkowski.
    If you take nothing more from this case.. they interviewed a Borkowski.

It's interesting that the timeline of this case and the Steve Avery case are pretty much the same. It's also interesting because in this documentary you actually see the murder. I think that is what gets you so invested in it. And the fact that the case probably would have been solved in half the time if the authorities stopped trying to trump each other.

Another thing that was wild is that some of the people that they seem to interview very early just to get character references later become integral parts of the case. The Barnes guy, for example, I didn't think that was going to lead where it did. And that's not a spoiler, btw.
    Miss Vanjieeee. Miss Vanjiee. ..Miss Van..

Safe was fine. It's hard to tell the plot without spoiling, so let's just say that there are two main cases, the biggest one about a girl who disappears and the other one is about her boyfriend. The case of the guy is great, the characters of her family evolve and change every chapter. The case of the girl is so unlikely and far-fetched that it was almost a turn-off. But all in all, it was a nice show.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Icon15 Too much TV? Never!

So happy to know Brooklyn Nine-Nine will get another season. Now if Netflix or someone else will give us another season of The Last Man On Earth! We need resolution to that S4 cliffhanger. And speaking of recently canceled shows that I love, I finished the final season of New Girl. Very bittersweet. I absolutely love that show.

I also watched Barry on HBO. If you liked Dexter then I highly recommend this as the protagonist deals with very similar conflicts only it's a dark comedy.