Page 131 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 1985

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

Bojack Horseman, season 5.
    Not really good.

Except for episode 6.

That was intense.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I'm rewatching the original Murphy Brown in reboot/revival anticipation. It's a little jarring watching square tv with a live, laughing audience. You get used to widescreen hd single camera so fast you don't even realize it. The first season is a little weak as it finds its foot, as a lot of shows are, but it holds up surprisingly well for what was such a topical show.

I haven't decided if I'm going to watch the new one. I'll probably give it a chance, at least.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waitressboy View Post
    La Casa De Las Flores was a HUGE success in Latin America. And the character of Paulina, the oldest daughter that Speaks Se Pa Ra Ting The Sy Lla Bels was a boom here, lots of people were recording themselves talking like that.
    I LOVE Paulina so much, especially her delivery. I've been speaking like her to my fiance whenever I practice my spanish. haha

I've been watching Maniac on Netflix, and I'm surprised to say I really am enjoying it! It reminds me a lot of Eternal Sunshine, but it has enough of its own bent, and Emma Stone and Jonah Hill are fantastic.

Just watched the first episode of Maniac. Love it, even if it made me feel really anxious.
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

Is anybody else watching Hilda on Netflix? It's the perfect thing for the bf and I to watch before bed. Absolutely lovely animation and designs, and reasonably sophisticated storylines for ostensibly a kid's show (at least if the two episodes I watched are any indication). If I had kids they would most definitely be forced to watch it. I'm obsessed.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Riverdale Season 3 - WTF was that ending? Are they tying it in with Sabrina?
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Between last night and this morning I binged Netflix's The House on Haunted Hill. The first episode had me worried about the acting but each consecutive episode was exponentially better. It was truly one of the best horror shows I've ever seen. NOTHING like the book in so many ways, but they paid homage with character names and the house itself. It felt inspired by the success of the first The Conjuring and IT, but also something different because they were able to tell the story over 10 episodes. The way the story was told, the way it came together, really well done. I cried, I yelled "OH FUCK!" a few times, covered my face and actually screamed out loud in fear once or twice which is something I NEVER do. I'll jump pretty good but this got me good. Unexpectedly moving and profound.

Part of me is still waiting for a proper new film based on EXACTLY the book but the original classic is enough there.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    Riverdale Season 3 - WTF was that ending? Are they tying it in with Sabrina?
    Maybe they'll start using some of the alternative universe Archie Horrors as minor inspiration? There is an upcoming 2019 series scheduled for publication titled Blossoms 666. Hopefully we won't see the extremely abnormal storylines of Archie as a zombie (Afterlife with Archie), Veronica as a vampire (Vampironica) and Jughead as a werewolf (Jughead: the Hunger) lol. I haven't read any of those but they appear to be wildly popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Between last night and this morning I binged Netflix's The House on Haunted Hill. The first episode had me worried about the acting but each consecutive episode was exponentially better. It was truly one of the best horror shows I've ever seen. NOTHING like the book in so many ways, but they paid homage with character names and the house itself. It felt inspired by the success of the first The Conjuring and IT, but also something different because they were able to tell the story over 10 episodes. The way the story was told, the way it came together, really well done. I cried, I yelled "OH FUCK!" a few times, covered my face and actually screamed out loud in fear once or twice which is something I NEVER do. I'll jump pretty good but this got me good. Unexpectedly moving and profound.
    Didn't think it was that scary, but I really enjoyed this too - after stuff going on in my life I really just needed to just space out for an entire day and binge watch something meaningful. This was perfect for that.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

If you love off-beat The office-like humor, give Norsemen on Netflix a try!
    post28!

Watching Riverdale right now.
    Oh, Betty need some meds, Archie getting his butt kicked in prison, Cheryl running around like she the queen b. Ronnie now owns pops???
    Kevin and Moose can't kiss at school. I don't think Moose likes Kevin that much.
    Gargoyle King
    I don't even care about Jughead.
    I'm loving tonight's episode!!!
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    The Good Wife - binging in the evenings. Such a well written performed, designed and stylized show. And I have been in love with Josh Charles since Dead Poets Society. And Chris Noth!

I loved HILL HOUSE but it was "a lot", especially the last episode, and I feel emotionally drained now that it's over.

Making a Murderer 2 Anyone else watching?
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    I have a free one month subscription to Hulu and am binge watching "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit". I used to watch this show occasionally but stopped after Christopher Meloni left. To my surprise I have really warmed up to the new characters, especially Kelli Giddish and Raul Esparza who is actually my favorite ADA.
    It took me roughly 2 1/2 months to finally finish watching/re-watching all 19 years worth of rerun episodes. I am now going to start "60 Days In". It should be interesting to see what kind of people will voluntarily spend 2 months in the clink.