Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143
Results 2,131 to 2,143 of 2143

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I just finished the “8 Second” episode of You. I don’t know if I go any further.
    I’m going to start Spinning Out (figure skating drama) and Cheer (docuseries) when I have time. Heard some good things.

I thought AJ and The Queen was a movie. Yea, after a couple episodes, after looking forward to it.. it’s shockingly not that good. But I hope it gets good reviews all the same. Seems fitting that Ru got a good acting gig like this.
    He’s certainly responsible for so many others in acting. And he mostly just gets new hosting gigs.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I am finally watching Parks and Recreation.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    Isn't it amazing? It's like he's making a grand, sweeping theme using instruments -- 808s, detuned piano, seasick strings -- that make everything sound gloriously wrong. Grandeur with rot at the core. Perfect for the Roys. If you're interested, here is a deep dive analysis of the theme. There are also some great memes out there.
    Thanks for sharing that!! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's OBSESSED with that theme song. It might be my favorite part of the show
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

The Outsider - my my, Jason Bateman is killing it. What a talent! Between this, Ozark, and classic Arrested Development he’s got a legacy any actor would be envious of. It’s always thrilling to see a comedic actor effortlessly and flawlessly pull off dramatic roles, and he’s proving to be one of the best. I can’t wait to see where this show goes! I’m not familiar with the book, so I’m watching it with absolutely no clue as to what happens next.

And I’ve been looking forward to season 3 of Ozark. It’s one of the few new shows I’ve kept up with over the last few years.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    CHEER on Netflix is probably my favorite docu-series they've ever put out (That isn't, you know, a true crime series. Because Netflix corners that market.)

This show had so much heart and life lessons you can apply to almost anything. Because those young people are going through it.
    CHEER follows a collegiate team as they prepare for the NCA Championships in Daytona.

I never really thought much about competitive cheer leading. I certainly didn't realize that it is perhaps the most athletic, most dangerous sport there is. Really, it's almost not worth it. It's so hard on the body, there is almost no way to turn it into something lucrative after college. There aren't any pro cheer leaders making millions and millions of dollars in sport prize money or contracts.
    And you have such a short window in the sport because of how much it breaks your body down..

but that's not what the show is about. I think the message of the show is that we're all just on one team. And we're all going through, coming from, and surviving through some really awful shit. But if we are to have a future we have to work together.. because at the end of the day no matter how much worse your life is than mine or vice-a-versa.. if we want to make our lives successful in the future we have to do it together as a team and that is going to require so much hard work.

I wouldn't think you'd enjoy this if you can't at least binge half of it. It's 6 episodes an hour each. You really invest in each athlete they spotlight. It's not a gift I have at explaining things.. but I promise you if you give this show a chance you will not have dry eyes at the end. and what an ending with so many twists and turns omg.. my nerves almost couldn't handle it.
    Last edited by Volta; 01-16-2020 at 10:30 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Encore! on Disney+

What a DELIGHT! They take a bunch of adults who, years ago, did a musical in High School, and they bring them back together to recreate the show. They get to work with theatre professionals, they have to put up the show in less than a week and it is fantastic! It's at turns hilarious, moving, inspiring and just all around lovely. Each episode is a different cast, different show, from a different year. SO awesome.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    That is such a great concept for a show!

Cannot wait to pop on Picard tonight!!!

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    Awkwafina is Nora from Queens is really promising. She seems to be trying for a mix of zany surrealism and snarky but warm semi-autobiographical dramedy. It was a little lopsided towards the former in the pilot; there were just too goddamned many queef jokes. But the family stuff is working right from the start. In particular, BD Wong is a delight as her dad, in a role quite unlike George Huang MD on SVU.

Miracle Workers: Dark Ages. The delightful and demented series from last year, where drone office workers in a rundown Heaven try to save the world has been wisely turned into an anthology, with the same great actors in a new story with new characters each season. So Daniel Radcliffe and Steve Buscemi, who played idiots last season (Buscemi played an idiot God), play brand new idiots this year. And the wonderful Geraldine Viswanathan is back as a new version of the sane, smart woman who stresses out because she has to fit what the idiots break. No sense of a season-long arc yet. but the new characters work and hilarity is already ensuing!
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I love this so much it hurts

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    Currently watching Don't F*** with Cats. I have absolutely no recollection of when all this originally happened so my jaw was on the floor a good portion of the first two episodes. I can't wait to see how it turns out. So bottom line is I highly recommend especially if you're interested in internet culture and serial killers.

ETA: it's only 3 eps so you could binge the whole thing and not feel guilty.

I love documentaries like that. I initially skipped it but a friend told me he enjoyed it so I gave it a chance. I binged all three episodes in a night. Somehow I don't recall any of that being in the news either.

With all the disinformation and propaganda being spread via social media, it's nice to watch people use their internet sleuthing skills for something positive.

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    I admit I almost turned it off when I thought they were going to show the actual kitten torture.

And I agree that the sheer attention to detail shown in the hunt was impressive.