Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118
Results 1,756 to 1,760 of 1760

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I've actually started a rewatch very recently too. I never remembered these two things:

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Rewatching Golden Girls on Hulu. Haven't seen an episode since I was a kid, so a few observations:
    2. Sophia's personality was explained in the pilot as her having a stroke which affected the part of her brain that controlled politeness.
    3. Blanche had a gay housekeeper in the pilot that Sophia called the "fancy man."
    I had no idea they tried to explain Sophia's personality. Also, they got rid of the gay cook in the pilot because the writers realized a lot of the main characters would be interacting in the kitchen and having a cook constantly in there wold be unnecessary. At least that is according to wiki.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Anyone start ACS: Versace?

I adored ACS: OJ. It was one of the best tv shows I've ever seen. I was underwhelmed by Versace. Part of it is that I don't think Cunanan's actor is very good. Like sometimes I just don't believe his performance, can't immerse myself in it, but sometimes too it's not that he's sucking so much as the choices were odd and I didn't enjoy those choices. I don't think the Versace actor was very good. I don't like Penelope Cruz. I did like the police/FBI and Ricky Martin.

The real life story is very interesting (and I'm glad they didn't go with Katrina because I couldn't watch a national failing of our government right now given our real life circumstances), but the first episode was a swing and a miss for me.

I don't like how it was shot either. It worked for OJ, but I don't know if I'm just kind of over that 90s videotape feeling it evokes or if they're doing something a little different. Or maybe the HD widescreen viewing of 2018 juxtaposed with mid 90s colors and angles doesn't work for me.

Also, I started Alias and I'm half a dozen episodes in and boy do I hate it. HATE IT. Should I give up? Does it get better?

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    I watched the first ep, and it was fine. I don’t have high expectations because there is just no way they could match the OJ season. No way, regardless of what story they decided to tell next. I was pleasantly surprised that it was the Versace assassination which holds a bit of a fascination for me. The casting is mostly OK for me too, although I was thrown when Penelope Cruz spoke and she seems to have her regular accent? Which is Spanish, not Italian? I found that distracting. I read a couple of advance reviews which suggested things kick into gear from the end of episode 2 so I’m happy to wait and see if that is indeed the case.

It's my understanding that the creative team behind People vs. OJ Simpson--like, the guys who came up with the framework and ran the show, supervised the scripts, etc.--are not involved with Versace. Which would explain a perceived dip in quality. I personally became much less interested in Versace when I realized the same creative team was not going to be involved.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased