Page 110 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1699

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalk View Post
    I thoght the reveal of The Hand's history/purpose would have been more interesting...
    You know, I can't even tell if I've gotten to that point. I can't hear a fucking thing on this show. The sound is all over the place. So quiet I can't hear anything but punching and punch-related grunts or so loud it hurts my ears. It does sound like Game of Thrones does lighting.

It's not edgy. It's not moody. It's frustrating and alienating.

It's 8 episodes of "We need to arrest you." "No, please don't we're secret good guys." *bang punch bang punch punch punch* assorted mumbles, sigourney weaver, hey it's that lady from that show, punch punch punch, mumble mumble mumble. "We need to arrest you." "No please don't we're secret good guys." Etc

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    It sucks so hard. SO HARD.

Every single one of these shows/seasons that have come out since Jessica Jones has made me rage. They've been mediocre at BEST and have delayed S2 of JJ. I'm super resentful. Like DD1 was ok (pre-JJ), DD2 was awful, LC was ok on JJ, but his show was a mess. IF had nothing good about it but cameos.

Grumble grumble.
    GIVE ME MOAR JESSICA SHE IS THE BEST ONE
    (but I really liked most of Luke Cage sorry)

The only good thing about Iron Fist was Colleen Wing's delightful arse.

Goddamn ninja Hand bullshit ruined the shows though, yuck.

Also the villains of Daredevil were the things of the show- Punisher and Kingpin were amazing, and want to see them back.

Quote Originally Posted by soignee View Post
    GIVE ME MOAR JESSICA SHE IS THE BEST ONE
    (but I really liked most of Luke Cage sorry)

The only good thing about Iron Fist was Colleen Wing's delightful arse.

Goddamn ninja Hand bullshit ruined the shows though, yuck.

Also the villains of Daredevil were the things of the show- Punisher and Kingpin were amazing, and want to see them back.
    LC wasn't IF bad, but it was super uneven. The good was very good, but too much was mediocre or bad. Kingpin was awesome and I am the only person who thought Punisher sucked.

I don't even remember IF's villain. Or the show at all. And it's the most recent!

I think what I liked about JJ more than the rest was that the fighting was minimum. There was a lot of dialog and mystery and the violence was ancillary. With the others and The Defenders, fighting is 90% of the show, with most of the other 10% being people staring at each other in police stations or chinese food restaurants.

I think that, with the obvious exception of Rosario Dawson's Claire, they don't seem to know how to write or cast female characters on Daredevil. Karen Page is insufferable and played by one of the worst actresses on television right now, Elektra is a total mess that seems to get a complete personality overhaul whenever it suits the plot, and Vanessa is possibly the dullest individual in the entire MCU so far. Meanwhile, poor Charlie Cox had better chemistry with Krysten Ritter in six episodes than he's had with any of the above for two seasons of television...

werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar
    Jessica Jones was great because it was more than just a superhero show, it was also a detective drama with a bit of psychological thriller. It showed that it doesn't need great fighting choreography to be great.
    Iron Fist was meh comparing to Luke Cage/JJ/DD. I liked the latter three a lot, even Daredevil 2 in spite of too much Punisher story (I liked Elektra in that season, should have explored more). The fighting was very bad, and worse if you compare to the great choreography and skill in Daredevil 1-2. I was also disappointed how underutilized the side kicks were in The Defenders. Trish can hold her own, and so does Claire! I don't think that The Defenders was that bad, but it should have been better - especially considering it was such a short run. I loved the banter, and the actors seem to have good chemistry which is a pluss (even annoying Danny Rand). I get that they wanted to keep The Hand mysterious, but it wasn't that well executed. I mean, they had Sigourney Weaver!!! I still can't get over that.

Now that is over with, i hope they move on to something better. I also have to admit I'm not that looking forward to The Punisher, mostly because it only delays season 2 of Jessica Jones (which I'm currently rewatching for the millionth time").

Just started Disjointed with Kathy Bates. It has plenty of laugh out loud moments (especially if you're stoned while watching) and a pretty solid cast. Its silly fun. I can't help but get major Roseanne Barr vibes from Bates' character.

Princess Sparklefists Sansa Spark's Avatar
    I tried to watch Gypsy with Naomi Watts, on Netflix, but I just couldn't stick with it. Back to iZombie!

The Good Place is on Netflix now and I highly recommend it for anyone who didn't catch it on NBC. I think it was renewed for S2, but even if it wasn't, it's still hilarious.

The Good Place is on Netflix now and I highly recommend it for anyone who didn't catch it on NBC. I think it was renewed for S2, but even if it wasn't, it's still hilarious.
    I love that show. This is the same creative team behind The Office US / Parks & Rec / Brooklyn 99, so basically the people responsible for some of the best comedy in TV history. The Good Place is fast becoming my favourite thing they've done, which is saying something.

It was picked up for season two.
    My face screams without an emotion

Superstore with America Ferrera. It's a sitcom about a group of people working at a Walmart-like store called Cloud 9. It's hilarious and it keeps getting better with each episode.

And since we're talking about Marvel shows: I think the last season of Agents of Shield was really good. It's still my favourite tv show from that franchise - and also Jessica Jones and Agent Carter (which unfortunately was cancelled)

Quote Originally Posted by HumptyDumpty View Post
    Just started Disjointed with Kathy Bates. It has plenty of laugh out loud moments (especially if you're stoned while watching) and a pretty solid cast. Its silly fun. I can't help but get major Roseanne Barr vibes from Bates' character.
    I tried watching it, but the multi-cam video look and the laugh track were so distracting. The acting seems stiff and wooden. Maybe I'd like it if I were high as fuck, but I can't get into it.

Kathy Bates was why I watched. I don't get Roseanne from her. I get Frankie from Grace and Frankie. Down to the half black, half jewish son.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    We tried to watch disjointed last night. I really wanted to like it because I LOVE Kathy Bates. But I cannot deal with the laugh track.

The laugh track's definitely unfortunate, and takes some getting used to. It starts to find its groove around the third episode. I can't stand any of Chuck Lorre's other shows, but I can definitely get behind this one. Maybe it just speaks to my inner stoner

I'm only halfway through The Keepers on Netflix and I want to both punch something and go find my nice childhood nuns and hug them.

I could not get to sleep after episode 2. Freaked me the FUCK out. I can "enjoy" some true crime in a - whoa can you believe it - way but this was just so disturbing.