Page 111 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1765

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansa Spark View Post
    I'm pissed off at every single person who didn't tell me to watch Happy Valley before now. What a performance.
    It's been in my queue for ages so I finally started it a couple weeks ago. It's so good. And it has Neville Longbottom in S2!

Happy Valley is great! i need to watch it again

right now i'm watching
    Big Little Lies
    Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
    Mindhunter
    the new season of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I'm rewatching Shameless (US). It's good for me to realize my life didn't take a turn in that direction when it easily could have. Statistically should have. My father is a slightly more respectable Frank. My mother is emotionally Monica. I'm no Fiona. If the dials were turned up to 11 like in the show, it would have been a disaster.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Veep. Season 2, Episode 8, "First Response" and realizing that it's extremely funny! Allison Janney is amazing as an extremely clever, totally vicious 'gotcha' journalist, going hard after Selina. Their rapport is hysterical. And great Andrew and Catherine stuff. And Amy meltdown!

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Regina Phalange again.
    Yes, even I can misspell four-letter words. Can you imagine that pewp?

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    Veep. Season 2, Episode 8, "First Response" and realizing that it's extremely funny! Allison Janney is amazing as an extremely clever, totally vicious 'gotcha' journalist, going hard after Selina. Their rapport is hysterical. And great Andrew and Catherine stuff. And Amy meltdown!
    I didn't watch a lot of Veep after the first season (you know, didn't have HBO), but Allison Janey could crap in a box and I'd love it. I'll have to check it out.

Anyone watching 'This is Us' this season? I don't have a lot of thoughts on it. Just tell me how Jack died, already!

Top of the Lake: China Girl - Sooooo so good. Only 6 episodes but each one at capacity with grittiness and good storytelling. Beautifully filmed, as well.

Finished Stranger Things 2 and loved it (don't understand the hate it's getting in some places, at all). The finale may have been straightforward but well executed and the prologue was sweet as hell!

Started the Sinner with Jessica Biel and Bill Pullman. This must be your next show too!!!
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by iamstilljamiepoo View Post
    I didn't watch a lot of Veep after the first season (you know, didn't have HBO), but Allison Janey could crap in a box and I'd love it. I'll have to check it out.
    love her!

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    The Exorcist

I watched season one when it aired, but it lost me a bit with the "big plot twist", so I was hesitant to watch season two. I've been catching up the last couple of weeks and it's excellent horror television, especially considering it's a network show and they can't go as far as something on AMC or HBO might. Consistently excellent writing and acting from most of the cast this season.

Future Man

^Thoughts on Future Man?

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    How did I just learn that Master of None Season 2 came out MONTHS AGO?! I've been waiting for it for the longest time because I LOVED the first season, I've now watched about half of season 2, and it's AMAZING! Even better than season 1, holy shit! Way impressed. Love this show.

EDIT: Just watched the "Thanksgiving" episode. Angela Bassett ARE YOU KIDDING?!?! I cannot even believe how good this show is. Aziz Ansari is a genius. ALL CAPS WATCH EVERY EPISODE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by grapefruit_is_winning; 11-22-2017 at 04:45 AM. Reason: binge watching, so many thoughts

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    love her!
    Same! My fave is her work on Drop Dead Gorgeous. Fantastically hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    How did I just learn that Master of None Season 2 came out MONTHS AGO?! I've been waiting for it for the longest time because I LOVED the first season, I've now watched about half of season 2, and it's AMAZING! Even better than season 1, holy shit! Way impressed. Love this show.

EDIT: Just watched the "Thanksgiving" episode. Angela Bassett ARE YOU KIDDING?!?! I cannot even believe how good this show is. Aziz Ansari is a genius. ALL CAPS WATCH EVERY EPISODE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!
    One of my fave Netflix shows. It has so much soul!
    post28!