Page 117 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1985

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

I just caught up on the first three episodes of Crashing S2 on HBO. Very solid stuff. If you like comedy/comedians then give this one a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNamedErised View Post
    I despise Westworld. I kept watching, expecting it to get better at some point. It didn't. It's dreary, boring, thoroughly predictable and not even halfway as smart as it thinks it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by waitressboy View Post
    A couple of days ago I finished Westworld. It was too "too unnecesarily". Too unnecesarily long, too unnecesarily complicated, too unnecesarily everything. I just don't care at all for Season 2...
    Wow. This is kind of a shocker. Everyone I've talked to that's watched the show really liked it. I watched it week-to-week on HBOGO, so maybe binging it gives you a different perspective. I'll admit, I think it's a bit overrated, but I found it overall to be an engaging and thought provoking season of TV.

By the methane lakes Bloody Grace's Avatar
    I thought Westworld was absolutely horrible. It's written reaaaaally bad, it has plenty of plotholes which are something I can forgive in, like, Doctor Who, not in the most pretentious piece of scifi tv of the decade.

The idea behind the whole thing is nothing new, and I personally don't get the conflict at all. To me is just "a bunch of androids have been badly programmed by overpaid programmers and engineers in a facility where everything is extremely disorganized". Duh, it just make me want to see them all die, androids and people. I just don't care for them, they're so damn stupid. Visually it was very good, but the whole writing and plot development is blah. It's one of those shows that acts clever without being it and relies a lot on emotions (which I did not feel), on the suspension of disbelief (way too much, imho) and on badass characters. Too bad charisma can't fix plotholes.
    If I had seen it more recently I'd have gladly listed everything that I thought was wrong with it in detail, but thankfully my memory of it is fading.

Anyone watching the new season of Will & Grace? I just want to be Megan Mullally so bad when I grow up.
    Last edited by Bloody Grace; 01-30-2018 at 10:29 PM.
    My website! LOOK, ART!1
    A certain darkness is needed to see the stars - Under a warm tuscan sun

I watched the whole season in one weekend. I was almost sure that that was the reason for not liking it: it was so evident how empty and superficial it is. Not interested in the second season at all.

But this weekend I watched Legion and WHY DIDN'T I WATCH THIS SHOW BEFORE!!!!??? It was awesome. It was fun, it was complicated, it was so beautiful visually. It was like David Lynch directing X-Men. It has some issues with the script, but the acting and some scenes compensate it. Loved it.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    I just caught up on the first three episodes of Crashing S2 on HBO. Very solid stuff. If you like comedy/comedians then give this one a shot.
    Yeah it's a mix of clean comedy and absolute filth. It's a weird dichotomy and sometimes it's uneven and unlikable, but I enjoy the show. I also like how it doesn't ignore Artie's real life issues. And the dynamic with Leif is amazing. I almost peed myself at the Boston jokes with Bill Burr because I could relate a little too much. (In real life I mostly sound like Pete but if I get angry I sound like Bill Burr. Obviously I say "fuck" a lot too).

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    But this weekend I watched Legion and WHY DIDN'T I WATCH THIS SHOW BEFORE!!!!??? It was awesome. It was fun, it was complicated, it was so beautiful visually. It was like David Lynch directing X-Men. It has some issues with the script, but the acting and some scenes compensate it. Loved it.
    I loved this. Started watching it on some long haul flights, and it was a match made in heaven (if your heaven is disorienting and covers 13 timezones in two flights...)

Agreed on LEGION; it was definitely in my TOP 10 shows of 2017. And it was a complete surprise for me. I avoided it for weeks while it aired then finally gave it a chance as the finale approached. So glad I binged it as the wait week to week might've caused a stroke. My only criticism is the S1 finale felt oddly contrived and more like a traditional genre show, but overall it's a fantastic season of TV. Between this and Ingrid Goes West, 2017 was probably the best of Aubrey Plaza's career.

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Yeah it's a mix of clean comedy and absolute filth. It's a weird dichotomy and sometimes it's uneven and unlikable, but I enjoy the show. I also like how it doesn't ignore Artie's real life issues. And the dynamic with Leif is amazing. I almost peed myself at the Boston jokes with Bill Burr because I could relate a little too much. (In real life I mostly sound like Pete but if I get angry I sound like Bill Burr. Obviously I say "fuck" a lot too).
    Oh shit, I didn't know you were a Masshole! Go EAGLES! I keed. I keed.
    Seriously though, glad someone else is watching Crashing, as it's a very underrated show. As you put it so well, the show is uneven at times but very likeable. And I too love how the show Artie and real-life Artie Lange often parallel. Hopefully Artie IRL gets his shit together and doesn't become another celebrity death statistic.
    Last edited by Crispy; 02-04-2018 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Go Eagles! ;)

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Finally saw the last episode of Black Sails. Had to shed many tears at random moments.

I always postpone finishing stuff like tv series and books Ive grown attached to, because once it is gone it feels like I have to close down a part of my brain, say goodbye to some fantasy world that hasnt any right to exist anyway (lol). No matter how trivial. Leaves me emotional for days.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

By the methane lakes Bloody Grace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Finally saw the last episode of Black Sails. Had to shed many tears at random moments.

I always postpone finishing stuff like tv series and books Ive grown attached to, because once it is gone it feels like I have to close down a part of my brain, say goodbye to some fantasy world that hasnt any right to exist anyway (lol). No matter how trivial. Leaves me emotional for days.
    I think the ending was just beautiful and sweet, and leaves enough open doors for a possibile future Treasure Island season. One of my friends didn't like it, but he liked the Assassin's Creed movie, so his opinion is worthless now. Black Sails really deserves a re-watch.
    My website! LOOK, ART!1
    A certain darkness is needed to see the stars - Under a warm tuscan sun

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
    I tuned out. Nothing about it seems very interesting to me. If I lived in that world, however, I'd always wear a bicycle helmet. geeze.

One good thing did come of it, something I anticipated.. Sense8 will go out like "Looking" with a two-hour film. YAS. Saw that advertising for that when I clicked AC.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I tuned out too, after episode 3...
    Last edited by Alamo; 02-09-2018 at 02:56 PM.

^ I found it pretty boring and uninteresting after first episode.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I'm about halfway through the first episode and I'm not loving it. I'm a little confused and it requires a LOT of paying attention to it. I'm not giving up quite yet because I'm not sure if the problem is *me*.

The full run of Episodes dropped on US Netflix a couple weeks ago and I rewatched that. It's probably the most underrated show this past decade.

I started Rita, a Danish tv show that it's on Netflix. It's a sort of comedy about a teacher in primary school who likes to have sex and has a very particular point of view about what's the real role of an educator in the life of a child. It's very good; I expected something like Cameron Diaz's Bad Teacher, but it's not like that at all.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

I started Rita, a Danish tv show that it's on Netflix. It's a sort of comedy about a teacher in primary school who likes to have sex and has a very particular point of view about what's the real role of an educator in the life of a child. It's very good; I expected something like Cameron Diaz's Bad Teacher, but it's not like that at all.
    I fucking LOVE Rita Glad you're watching it. They just added the 4th season here in The Netherlands, which is a bit different than the previous three, but still good.