Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

Quote Originally Posted by JAE View Post
    Would you recommend getting the bluray? What's the quality like? I have the DVD boxset but I noticed the burays were a pretty reasonable price so was considering that. Definitely one of my favourite shows ever.
    To be honest, it's not worth it for the visual sharpness upgrade. I don't think it was shot in or is running in 1080P. Most of the combat scenes are rather grainy, but I guess that's always been intentional. Colors are intense, though, especially the winter episodes (which are the best ones). And the sound is awesome. Bombs, bullets, explosions, it's total chaos in my livingroom. But since most bluray players 'upgrade' regular dvd's when you play them, I'm not sure how big a difference this set would make.
    I haven't checked all the extra's yet but there is a bonus disc with a 1.5 hour documentary. And it comes in a funky steel box!
    post28!

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    OH! I have been watching Six Feet Under too - Season two at the moment, which I'm about to finish. The house I've been dogsitting in has the box set, but I've not actually been here in the evenings enough to sit and watch it on the PS (they don't have a dvd player, and the PS2 doesn't have great sound whatever way they've connected it)

Quote Originally Posted by Wout View Post
    To be honest, it's not worth it for the visual sharpness upgrade. I don't think it was shot in or is running in 1080P. Most of the combat scenes are rather grainy, but I guess that's always been intentional. Colors are intense, though, especially the winter episodes (which are the best ones). And the sound is awesome. Bombs, bullets, explosions, it's total chaos in my livingroom. But since most bluray players 'upgrade' regular dvd's when you play them, I'm not sure how big a difference this set would make.
    I haven't checked all the extra's yet but there is a bonus disc with a 1.5 hour documentary. And it comes in a funky steel box!
    Thanks! I will probably hold off for a while then or even try and flog my DVDs before considering the bluray - I still have yet to actually buy a bluray and I've had my PS3 for almost 3 years. I'm waiting for the price to go down and TBH DVD quality is perfectly fine for me (especially with the upscaling) and I only really want to buy really special ones on bluray.

Ebby - somebody stole my Six Feet Under box set

Well I say stole but I lent it to a friend I don't really see any more and any time I mention it it's all 'oh yeah I have to give you that back at some stage!' It's one of my favourite box sets even though we got screwed over and didn't get the cool grass-topped one that the North Americans did.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    These guys have the individual series box sets. 2-5 I think just. I remember watching season 1 years ago and loving it, and then occasional episodes here and there when I didn't have a tv, but now I'm trying to go back and watch the whole lot.

You will really love the other series' too! They're just such enjoyable characters to watch.

It's gotta be here somewhere molotovcocktease's Avatar
    I'm addicted to Modern Family at the moment, as well as Breaking Bad and still catching up on Mad Men, which I didn't start watching until this year. Thank god for netflix.
    Oh and the venture brothers (new season starts in August!).

Re-runs of Mad About You. Used to watch when it originally aired. I've had two colds and fevers in a row, and so far their neuroses is just distracting enough! But I have to say, what is with Jamie's fashion back in the first seasons?? It's all brown, beige, taupe and flannel! (Secretly I don't mind the flannel, cos I think it messes with SATC, and I'm not the biggest fan)

Quote Originally Posted by molotovcocktease View Post
    I'm addicted to Modern Family at the moment,
    Oh and the venture brothers (new season starts in August!).
    I LURVE Modern Family! That show is high-larious! My husband is a Venture Brothers fan so I ride the sidecar for that show. Its funny... but I am usually only half paying attention (and am probably here!)
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

It's gotta be here somewhere molotovcocktease's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post
    I LURVE Modern Family! That show is high-larious! My husband is a Venture Brothers fan so I ride the sidecar for that show. Its funny... but I am usually only half paying attention (and am probably here!)
    Modern Family is the closest show to replace Arrested Development to me. Just funny and smart.

Quote Originally Posted by gyabou View Post
    Coffee Prince (K-drama)
    That was the first Kdrama I watched, and loved it even with how long it is vs jdrama. How are you finding it?

At the moment, I'm watching:
    Doctor Who
    True Blood
    Life on Mars (UK) - already watched it, but rewatching with sister. Probably will be Ashes to Ashes afterwards

On the to watch list:
    Breaking Bad
    United States of Tara
    The Wire

Just finished series 3 of Ashes to Ashes (aka the Gov, the beta version) and am currently finishing up the Tudors. I've still got Treme and the Pacific to work through as well.
    And of course Doctor Who.

Really waiting for this to start next year.
    I'm sure it won't be all that historically accurate, but OMG Jeremy Irons as a Rodrigo Borgia! How can that not be a wicked fun romp.

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    True Blood
    Dr. Who
    The Good Guys

a whole bunch of shows on HGTV.

And I'm also addicted to Say Yes to the Dress, even though I'm really not all that interested in a wedding dress nor do I ever plan to get married. I just like the pretty, okay!!

I also need to catch up with Breaking Bad. Still haven't watched Season 2. oops

I'm not ashamed to admit that the final episode of Band of Brothers made me tear up AGAIN!
    post28!

Wout, . I sometimes tear up just thinking of certain moments in that series!

About to watch the first two seasons of Homicide while on a breather from The Wire. Wish me luck. I mean, you can't go wrong with David Simon/Barry Levinson, right? Right? (Also, ANDRE BRAUGHER).
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased