Page 61 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Since the Every Simpsons Ever marathon earlier this year, I've been watching the show a lot more on the FXX blocks. So many episodes I haven't seen or haven't seen in literally decades.

Today is a special day. It aired for the first time 25 years ago. TWENTY-FIVE. Do you know how old this makes me feel? There are entire people younger than this show.

26 seasons, 561 episodes, one movie, and still going.

17 Facts About the First Episode of 'The Simpsons'

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    ^We've been DVRing chunks of shows and watching till they're gone before recording more. I love introducing my kids to the show. I was actually surprised by how many episodes I'd never seen. Huge swaths of the early '00s went unwatched. Then there are favorites such as "Das Bus" that I've seen at least a dozen times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_P View Post
    I just started watching "Black Mirror" because it's finally on Netflix US and it is INCREDIBLE. I've only seen the first 3 episodes and the 3rd one, "The Entire History of You," was the standout. I'm going to be thinking of that episode for a while. The whole series can be so bleak, thoughtful, intimate, and eye-opening. Watch it!
    The second episode of the second season which is called White Bear is mind blowing and a 50 minute dystopian masterpiece.
    the draught was the very worst

^ There was a new Black Mirror called White Christmas shown in the UK last night! I thought it was excellent as did the critics and twitter. Look out for it!
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Who's having an ugly cry watching the last episode of Colbert?

that'd be me

At least no one can see my puffy, red eyes and boogers.

It is weird to think that the Colbert Report won't exist anymore. The Daily Show and the Colbert Report can be credited with creating a new hybrid of news and comedy and just when we needed it most. From Gore vs. Bush to the shit show that 2014 has been, those shows were cathartic and also covered certain issues that don't get covered in regular news outlets. Just Colbert's series on Super PACs, in all their skeevy glory, was an invaluable educational resource for most of us.

I'll miss losing half of the best hour of political satire, since Mark Twain and Will Rogers.

I watched the first 4 episodes of Sons of Anarchy on the train on the way down to my parent's place. Completely hooked! I definitely see some Breaking Bad style marathons on the horizon!
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Grimm. I watched the four and a half seasons in ten days. David Giuntoli is beautiful, the cases are not always good but the main plot is really interesting... And the cliffhanger for the midseason was AWESOME.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

^I really want to start watching "Grimm." David Giuntoli is so hot.

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    The second episode of the second season which is called White Bear is mind blowing and a 50 minute dystopian masterpiece.
    Yeah, I loved "White Bear" so much. Once things were revealed, it was chilling. I think my mouth was hanging open for a good five minutes afterwards. The whole series was great. I think the only episode I disliked was "The Waldo Moment" but it had some interesting ideas. I hope the Christmas special is shown on Netflix US at some point soon. I know it was on Direct TV here but I don't have that.

After several binges I'm nearly at the end of Sons Of Anarchy season 3 now. It's all so exciting! I'd never seen Katey Segal in a dramatic role before but she's great! I do hear her character as Leela sometimes though. Also cool to see Henry Rollins turn up in some episodes. I'm taking a SoA break this evening for my traditional NYE movie marathon but will be back on it tomorrow.

I marathoned the two seasons of Black Mirror. Holy hell, that's some good shit. I plan on watching the one that aired a few weeks ago later today.

It seems most of the best tv in the last few years is black: Black Mirror, Orphan Black, Orange is the New Black. Blackish isn't as great as the others, but it is very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi View Post
    I marathoned the two seasons of Black Mirror. Holy hell, that's some good shit. I plan on watching the one that aired a few weeks ago later today.

It seems most of the best tv in the last few years is black: Black Mirror, Orphan Black, Orange is the New Black. Blackish isn't as great as the others, but it is very entertaining.
    My husband and I have watch the first three episodes. I was coming in here to post about the show. I have mixed feelings. I loved the first episode. The second episode was just OK at best. The 3rd one was pretty good but still not up to the the first episode.

watched the entire first season of Transparent today on Amazon Prime. really enjoyed it. great cast, including a recurring role for Judith Light. forgot how much i loved her. haha. The show creator Jill Soloway was a writer for Six Feet Under.

anyone else watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by waitressboy View Post
    Grimm. I watched the four and a half seasons in ten days. David Giuntoli is beautiful, the cases are not always good but the main plot is really interesting... And the cliffhanger for the midseason was AWESOME.
    I like Grimm as well!

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    Black Mirror, I just watched this episode last night! It as amazing. Probably my favorite so far!