Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1457

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

I watched the premiere of Tarsem Singh's Emerald City and I'm very interested to see where the show goes. Stylistically, it's everything that dreadful Once Upon a Time series should've been and they've gathered a really impressive ensemble cast, including Vincent d'Onofrio, Joely Richardson and Fiona Shaw. The two leads are also very good, and they're both gorgeous, which doesn't exactly hurt their case. There were some off beats in the pilot (a prophecy involving a legendary beast rising, a distractingly awful child actor playing Tip) but, overall, this is the rare gritty and dystopian fairytale reboot that actually works.

Anyone watching The Man in the High Castle? I'm really enjoying season two. It's quite suspenseful and very binge-worthy.

The OA

I think it's definitely one of the more interesting/ambitious Netflix originals I've seen, but I can't help but feel that it sort of fell apart by the end. I do highly recommend watching it, though. It really does get under your skin.

Also,

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Just watched the series finale of Sex and the City for the first time since it originally aired.

I seem to recall that a lot of people at the time were disappointed Carrie ended up with Big. I can't get with that, if only because Chris Noth is just such a tall drink of water. Obviously the whole thing ties everything up too neatly and perfectly to be, I don't know, respectable perhaps. But I did find it enjoyable. Music is used well to convey emotion, urgency, and meaning. Carrie's Paris outfits are so utterly implausible but many times gorgeous and always striking, if not outright beautiful. The best thing about it is Miranda's story line with Steve's mother... that has a real emotional arc to it, and shows real development in her character over the series.

It gave me kind of a nostalgic feeling. Life was simpler in the days of SATC.

Lovesick, season 2.
    I was almost crying during half of the episodes. And it's supposed to be a comedy...

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    anyone else watch This Is Us? binge-watched all the existing episodes over the past week OnDemand. i've been enjoying it..it's been a nice, relatively lighthearted distraction.

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    anyone else watch This Is Us? binge-watched all the existing episodes over the past week OnDemand. i've been enjoying it..it's been a nice, relatively lighthearted distraction.
    I like that show! It's fluffy but its heart is in the right place.

I'm also watching Travelers on Netflix, which I am enjoying. It's gotten a little dumb the past two eps, but whatever.

I am halfway through Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix. I am laughing out loud! Drew Barrymore is beyond adorable.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I just started that... and I wonder if the same people who are behind Kimmy Schmidt are also behind this. It seems to have the same kind of comedic beats/timing and quirks that I don't like. It's very fast paced, I guess is what I mean. It's like a comedy sprint that goes from joke to joke and I like more of a marathon.
    I'm only on episode two, tho, so who knows if that is how it will always be. But I did laugh loudly out loud when she told her husband, the sexy Timothy Olyphant, that
    I got so much flavor put me on the buffet.

Just finished it. I never binge watch anything, in fact I can barely ever sit through an entire TV show, but I binged the hell out of SCD and I really enjoyed it from start to finish! It never dragged, it's consistently funny, all the actors are super fun to watch, with excellent chemistry all around, a really excellent and noteworthy supporting cast, and it's genuinely and consistently funny. I hope it finds an audience and gets more seasons. I had no idea Drew Barrymore had such comedic chops! Love, love, love this show.

You're right about similarities to Kimmy Schmidt, Volta. But for the record I really hate KS. I don't know what it is exactly but I really can't stand that show. So I would just point out that while similar in certain respects, I think you can like Santa without liking Kimmy.

The face of a retarded brat Octopussy's Avatar
    The Stranger Things 2 trailer made me watch The OA just cuz. Ugh. What a disappointing conclusion. Not an appropriate substitute for ST, not at all.

testosterone-laden drunken moogle Spikey's Avatar
    I'm not new to binge-watching, but am relatively new to actively using Netflix. This is not good for my health! I watch over my WiiU, and the smart suggestion for the Netflix app is always literally next to my WiiFit U .

So far I've been watching;

Scream S1/S2; Lol I know it is bad, like... really bad but I actually really enjoyed this, it is like watching a Scream movie that never ends. Watched this in a few days time while I was ill (actually in two days). Big plus for the bi/gay plots.
    Black Sails S1/S2; Don't really like the idea of glorifying terrorists in history, but I am a sucker for historically inspired shyte anyway and really like this. Big plus for the bi/gay plots here too.
    Ai, Tolosa e Provensa, e la terra d’Argensa, Besièrs e Carcassei, quo vos vi e quo'us vei!‎

Just started watching Ugly Betty again (for the 100th time...) that show was/still is so good, especially in the beginning

They had a cast reunion (unfortunately without Amanda) at the ATX Festival last year

We've started watching the second season of The Expanse, on SyFy. First we binge watched season one again, because we needed to refresh our memories about all the characters and plot lines. Aside from the terrific special effects and a complex plot, it has a great cast, especially Shohreh Aghdashloo as a UN Asst. Undersecretary. It's like GoT and TWD for us, in the sense that it's much watch television.
    Plus it has donkey balls:

Any Portlandia fans here?

I feel like Season 7 has kind of sucked so far. Most of the skits feel unfinished and lazy. Like the central idea is intriguing, but was never actually developed it into anything sharp or insightful. It's a very noticeable decline in quality from previous seasons and I'm trying to decide if it's just me or others have noticed this as well?