Page 96 of 121 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1807

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    FEUD - Mamacita is a gangsta.
    Miss Vanjieeee. Miss Vanjiee. ..Miss Van..

Just starting this series,

Oh, Sense8. The mythology and ideas in it are interesting, but to me, it ultimately did not make a whole lot of sense.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

Quote Originally Posted by The Markness View Post
    Oh, Sense8. The mythology and ideas in it are interesting, but to me, it ultimately did not make a whole lot of sense.
    Yes. And it is TOO politically correct. It seems to be pushing boundaries, but it left you feeling that it's actually trying to leave all the minorities happy.
    And avoid the Xmas special. It's incredibly pointless.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Wow, I don't agree at all. I thought the first season was riveting. It starts out kind of slow, but by the second half of the season it becomes incredibly thrilling. Calling it "politically correct" is silly. It's aggressively progressive (the main characters are all technically bisexual, but practically there's one gay couple, a trans woman who is in a relationship with a woman, and two straight couples) on sexual and gender issues, but how is that "politically correct" in the current political climate?

I've started watching it because Anne Rice recommended it. I think it's great.

I get caught up in the stories. I also think about how difficult it must be to film all the separate scenes and then weave them together towards the end of any Sense8 episode. I just don't like that the one dude has to drugged up for the rest of his life for the cluster to have any kind of safety. And then the Christmas Special was way harsh with Lito.

these days just seem to crush me
    whaaaa...we don't have a BLACK MIRROR thread? just started watching this show. amazing. San junipero episode is the best thing i've seen on television in a very long time. even if you don't watch any other episode, just watch this one (they don't have to be watched in order since they are all different). i don't think i've ever been so utterly devastated/moved by a television show since friday night lights. some of those episodes stay with you long after you watch them...

Watched the series finale of Grimm tonight and liked how it ended although

Feud First two episodes. It's about the, uh, relationship between Joan Crawford and Bette Davis during their career. Specifically but not only about their relationship during the making of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. You should see that movie all at once. But failing that, you can find the scenes they have recreated in the series on youtube, and it's eerie.

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    That Big Little Lies finale, while not entirely unexpected, was gut wrenching and perfect. I'm so sad to see it go but so thankful it existed. What a powerful meditation on domestic abuse. My jaw has been on the floor 2 hours after the credits rolled.
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Do you all think FEUD is trying to set the audience up for wanting another installment based on Olivia de Havilland and Joan Fontaine? They're really laying de Havilland on something thick tonight.

Another great episode. Crawford got what she wanted this time around and at the end of the day you can see her sighing like.. was it really worth all that?
    I love that kind of attention to detail. The thrill of it all and then the shame of it all.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Big Little Lies finale

More love for Big Little Lies here. I felt like it kind of lost a little momentum in the middle episodes, but man alive that finale was perfect. I said this on Facebook already, but to me it was ultimately a tale about how misogyny and abuse can corrupt not only your relationship and your family but also your community. How, like, the consequences of that toxicity radiate outward and infect everything they brush against. I don't think I breathed through the last ten minutes.

Also, Nicole Kidman acted her fucking ass off.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    Shailene Woodley was the biggest surprise to me. Her performance was so real and authentic. Like, I KNOW young women like her and I felt protective of her. And of course Nicole's performance was taut and arresting. To see so many long established actors turning in powerful work along side young up and coming actors who meet their performances with that level of grit... it was masterful.
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.