Page 96 of 106 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1587

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    ^
    I'm noticing it as well. I'm watching it out of habit now.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    I'm watching it out of habit now.
    Yep.

Perfect example: in this week's episode Laurie Metcalf guest starred - inspired choice, she's hysterical - and yet they did practically nothing with her! Criminal.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Portlandia used to be wear it's at. Now it is where it was.
    Kind of like The Chapelle Show.. the more episodes the thinner the effect of the joke.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log done had a child!"

I am so glad that I taped the last 5 episodes of TWD. I wasn't in the mood for them then but for whatever reason I felt like watching them to see if I should tune into the rest of the season that starts tomorrow.
    And I am back. I'm going to watch it.

Right now, I am on a serious Project Runway kick. I've been watching Project Runway Jr. and loving every second of it.
    Just to let some people know, I've always been a bit late to the game on shows like this. I didn't start watching Drag Race until season 6 for example. And I know there are seasons after seasons of Project. I don't know where to watch past episodes but the last one is on on-demand and Jr. is going into finales next week, I think.

I have netflix and amazon prime and neither have PR. I'm not getting hulu, as I hate hulu, and I'm sure as fuck that probably every episode is on there. So I am probably going to get fucking Hulu. grrr
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log done had a child!"

Why do you hate Hulu? It has most of the current shows on tv, the day after they are aired.
    My face screams without an emotion

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    Portlandia used to be wear it's at. Now it is where it was.
    So true.

Santa Clarita Diet -- I knew right from the first scene when Drew Barrymore talks about Jennifer Lawrence's haircut, that this would be hilarious, and it hasn't disappointed. I'm a fan of Drew in general, but omg... Timothy Olyphant is still sooooo fucking hot.

Am I the only one watching The Man In The High Castle? I'm a big PK Dick fan, I've read almost all of his books, so I kinda get what it's about to begin with. But the semi-real worlds are gorgeously shot, the acting is very good, and it's unnerving in just the right amount. I have one more episode of season 2 to go, looking forward to a season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    Santa Clarita Diet -- I knew right from the first scene when Drew Barrymore talks about Jennifer Lawrence's haircut, that this would be hilarious, and it hasn't disappointed. I'm a fan of Drew in general, but omg... Timothy Olyphant is still sooooo fucking hot.
    He's as hot as he was nearly 2 decades ago when he was in smaller films and one of the Scream movies and I suspect he'll be as sexy 2 decades from now. He's aging well.

THIS!
    Last edited by Alamo; 02-17-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Big Little Lies is really cool. Very impressed by this show.

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    ^The first ep is on the DVR. I might get to it tonight.

In other news. We watched the first episode of Taboo. I'm sure it was all over the place in order to set up later eps, but I'm not sure I want to watch later eps now because it was all over the place. I also felt like I needed subtitles.

Really enjoyed the first episodes of Big Little Lies and Legion.

I hope that they keep the identity of the victim in Big Little Lies a secret until the end. It's kinda clever to generate suspense by reconstructing events in flashback, not knowing who the eventual victim in the present moment is.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

in an infinite regress just owls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Markness View Post
    Really enjoyed the first episodes of Big Little Lies and Legion.

I hope that they keep the identity of the victim in Big Little Lies a secret until the end. It's kinda clever to generate suspense by reconstructing events in flashback, not knowing who the eventual victim in the present moment is.
    Have you seen The Affair? I loved this way of storytelling in The Affair because I hadn't seen it in a show before, and it's distracting me with Big Little Lies. I keep thinking about how The Affair did this so effectively and how original it felt. I'm trying to enjoy this show without comparing it, but it's grating on me a bit.

Feck. Is Legion on Monday nights? I loved the first episode.

I've not read Big Little Lies yet and I am so glad I haven't because I, too, want to stay in suspense about whom the victim is.
    For now, it seems like the character Madeline is kind of the main point of view. Reese does a really good job with her. Sometimes I marvel at how great an actress she is. I know she was kind of the RomCom queen for a decade but the lady can work a script.

I believe they film the show with only natural lighting. I think it has a great vibe.

I'm not sure this show will be as good as The Affair. Could be. I know a lot of parents probably relate to the viciousness that can happen between other parents in a setting like this. Making the kids line up like that because they didn't know each other's names yet. I also loved when one of the witnesses says something like, "Had she not have fallen we wouldn't be sitting here," talking about the scene when Madeline rolls her ankle and the chain of events that spiraled from that. I like the play on how one silly incident can eventually lead to something as big as a murder.
    Last edited by Volta; 02-22-2017 at 02:15 AM.