Page 97 of 126 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1880

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    And the kids! The kids were all amazing. Ziggy and Jane's relationship reminded me so much of me and my own mother when I was a child.
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    And the fact that they all came together at the end.. five very different women. It is still not that common on television. Women are still supposed to tear each other apart or be competitors in these big productions. It was pretty fantastic. I mean, I did watch a show called Feud just a few hours before I watched this finale.
    Kudos to Kidman and Reese for bringing this project together. HBO is just awesome.
    Miss Vanjieeee. Miss Vanjiee. ..Miss Van..

Quote Originally Posted by The Seaward View Post
    Shailene Woodley was the biggest surprise to me. Her performance was so real and authentic. Like, I KNOW young women like her and I felt protective of her. And of course Nicole's performance was taut and arresting. To see so many long established actors turning in powerful work along side young up and coming actors who meet their performances with that level of grit... it was masterful.
    Agreed. I knew the least about Woodley going into this, and she really has chops. While the entire lead cast was awesome, Kidman's performance was the real standout. Golden Globe and Emmy wins should be in her future for this role. The male supporting cast was also great. I don't know if they'll do a season two, but I think a cool thing would be to have the same season from the husbands' POVs. What are their "Big Little Lies"? Eh, it'll never happen, but I think it'd still be a cool premise.

As for the finale, it was very good, but a couple of things bothered me...

Shailene Woodley, I loathed her for the longest time until I saw her in the latest Gregg Araki film and she blew me away!
    I'm so excited to get comfy and binge the fuck out of this mini series.
    My face screams without an emotion

13 Reasons Why is full of plot holes and stuff that doesn't make any sense at all. But it's ok. The music is good.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by waitressboy View Post
    13 Reasons Why is full of plot holes and stuff that doesn't make any sense at all. But it's ok. The music is good.
    It's so ridiculous that it's lovely! Best dialogue EVER:

Alex: My dad's a cop
    Jessica: Wait, your dad's a cop? And you go shooting with him? With real bullets? I LOVE men in uniform. I'd like to meet your father.
    Alex: Eww. And your dad wears a uniform too.
    Jessica: Uh, I never thought about that.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."

Awwwww, I like 13 Reasons Why, even when it's a little ridiculous. XD
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

I loved Big Little Lies. I've always been a big fan of Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman, but shoutout to Laura Dern and Shailene Woodley too. Actually, the entire cast was great.

I kind of had the whole thing figured out by episode three or four but I wasn't expecting the person who actually ended up causing the ending. But I love how that all wrapped up and showed the women come together for each other.

Anyone watch the Homeland season finale? My god! It's still the only show that can make me a total nervous wreck. I seriously have to pause it sometimes and take a break I'm so on edge. Claire Danes is just SO amazing in that show. All of them are.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I loved Big Little Lies. I've always been a big fan of Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman, but shoutout to Laura Dern and Shailene Woodley too. Actually, the entire cast was great.

I kind of had the whole thing figured out by episode three or four but I wasn't expecting the person who actually ended up causing the ending. But I love how that all wrapped up and showed the women come together for each other.
    I think Nicole Kidman is also producing the next addition of Top of the Lake. But there is almost no news at all about what the show will tackle this time around.

The Leftovers season 3

Yea, this is going to be an awesome finale season.
    So much is leaving HBO this year. When Game of Thrones goes off I'm done with my HBO subscription. I need to get out from under that extra 8 dollars a month from Spectrum, anyhow.

So Sweet

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    ^ god, he is so fucking adorable. MARRY ME, TEACHER MAN.
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    It won't air for a while, assuming nothing goes wrong and it makes it to air, but Wheel of Time is officially a go now.

Sony will produce along with Red Eagle Entertainment and Radar Pictures. Rafe Judkins is attached to write and executive produce. Judkins previously worked on shows such as ABC’s “Agents of SHIELD,” the Netflix series “Hemlock Grove,” and the NBC series “Chuck.” Red Eagle partners Rick Selvage and Larry Mondragon will executive produce along with Radar’s Ted Field and Mike Weber. Darren Lemke will also executive produce, with Jordan’s widow Harriet McDougal serving as consulting producer.
    For GOT fans, this book series was a huge influence on GRRM and you can clearly see its influence on him, not just the overt shout outs. Hopefully it'll be a good show and I'm really excited to learn how to pronounce the damn names. A friend said Egwene to me the other day and I had to ask her to repeat herself a few times before I could figure out what she had said. I use the guides and go to a website that says them for you, but it's overwhelming.