Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast

Thread: Garbage

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    https://t.co/QB96QdTKfV

Really unflattering review of the Port Chester, NY show.

Long-time Lurker
    What a weird article. That's like something a catty friend would post on Facebook as opposed to a review someone would write for publication. It seems to revel in the sensationalism of it all, like teenage gossip.

I love that Shirley talks quite a bit between songs! It always comes across as really heartfelt and sincere, plus it kind of breaks down the wall between artist and fans. That way, you get a really powerful sense of connection to the band playing the songs you grew up with. The only thing I may have agreed on is the pointing of the mic towards the audience numerous times during several songs. When I saw them, it never happened during songs nor moments when it bothered me, but then again, I was very close to the stage, so it was more fun.

PS: The very sexy Eric Avery sometimes does some really nice hip gyrating.

I miss it when he had really huge arms.

Saw them in Boston last night. Great show. I will say I feel like playing every single b-side breaks up the flow of the show at times but I admire them being completists about it. My favorites were Wicked Ways/Personal Jesus, Hammering In My Head, Soldier Through This, and You Look So Fine/Dreams.

Shirley did a heartfelt dedication of Thirteen to a fan in the audience who has apparently been following them around since she was 14 back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    New show announced for May 10 as part of the grand opening of the new Fillmore venue in New Orleans. Surely this will be part of a larger spring/summer 2019 tour because that's incredibly random otherwise! This will apparently be their first NOLA show since Voodoo Fest 2002.
    I'm very curious to see if this is still Version 2.0, or if we'll already be in new album territory by May

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    Oh My GAaaaaaah Garbage + X ?!?! What a brilliant and unexpected combonation, and excellent track. I need a whole album of that ASAP. Those voices together... they really do sound angelic and destroyed.

Just bought my Garbage ticket for Atlanta, anyone else going?

I'm sure you guys might already be aware but just wanted to say how much I've been enjoying Shirley's podcast The Jump. The premise is that she each episode, she interviews another artist about a specific song that represents a major turning point in their career. The most recent episode is with Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs discussing Maps.

My favorite episode so far was actually the first one with Perfume Genius. Just a really great, thoughtful conversation about songwriting: https://mailchimp.com/presents/podca...enius-learning

Question for everyone: what are your favorite tracks from the last two albums, Not Your Kind of People and Strange Little Birds? I know a couple songs from both but I feel like I’ve never given either enough attention.

^I feel like between those two albums there is one really solid album's worth of great material. Nothing too dreadful (except maybe "Beloved Freak"), but definitely some filler. I would say the standouts are:

Automatic Systematic Habit
    Big Bright World
    Sugar
    Man on a Wire

Night Drive Loneliness
    Even Though Are Love Is Doomed
    We Never Tell
    So We Can Stay Alive

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    Control (!!!)
    Automatic System Habit
    Blood for Poppies
    *can’t remember if I like Sugar, I hate Love, or Felt, maybe all 3

Empty
    If I Lost You
    Night Drive Loneliness
    Sometimes
    *the rest are ok except Teaching Little Fingers I hate for some reason

Battle in me
    Control
    Automatic system Habit
    Sugar
    Man on a wire
    Not your kind of people
    Show me

Sometimes
    Even though our love is doomed
    Amends
    Blackout
    Night Drive Loneliness

And between these 2 great albums, The chemicals / On Fire vinyl is pure bliss
    If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. Friedrich Nietzsche