Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556

Thread: Garbage

Yes, I agree with all of that. Garbage's set list could have been better, but Shirley is an amazing performer. I like their first 4 albums, much more than any of their last two reunions albums. They have some good songs, but on the whole I'm not crazy about them.

I bought a copy of their coffee table book there which is brilliantly done. What a treat for fans!

This was my first time seeing Blondie and I was not that impressed. I don't know if Debbie is always like that but she didn't have the charisma you would expect from an icon. For a fashion icon, she wasn't dressed up too much. A review said she had a grandmotherly vibe, which I guess is true. But that's not what I"m looking for from a rock star! Maybe I missed the best part of their set though. Because it was at Wolf Trap and the DC subway closes early during the week so I had to leave half way through their set to catch their last train home.

Quote Originally Posted by Glindathegood View Post

This was my first time seeing Blondie and I was not that impressed. I don't know if Debbie is always like that but she didn't have the charisma you would expect from an icon. For a fashion icon, she wasn't dressed up too much. A review said she had a grandmotherly vibe, which I guess is true. But that's not what I"m looking for from a rock star! Maybe I missed the best part of their set though. Because it was at Wolf Trap and the DC subway closes early during the week so I had to leave half way through their set to catch their last train home.
    You do realize Debbie Harry is 72 right?

Quote Originally Posted by scottslean View Post
    You do realize Debbie Harry is 72 right?
    Yes, I guess that would prevent her from dancing a lot. But I don't see how that would prevent her from dressing up in a more outrageous fashion forward outfit or having a more appealing warm charismatic personality. She seemed a little cold and stand offish to me.
    Plus, everyone is always writing how she is ageless and transcends age.
    But then I'm not really a Blondie fan, I was there mostly to see Garbage. But the concert didn't turn me into a Blondie fan. Just my opinion of it.

They've announced a Version 2.0 anniversary show for London in September 2018.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    The 20 Years Paranoid tour just had some additions today for the UK and Paris. There will undoubtedly be more soon!
    *edit - Germany, Luxembourg and Netherlands too.

4-Sept-Edinburgh Festival Theatre
    5-Sept-Glasgow Barrowlands
    7-Sept-Bristol St. Phillips Gate Arena
    8-Sept-Birmingham Digbeth Arena
    9-Sept-Manchester Academy 1
    11-Sept-Nottingham Rock City
    12-Sept-Newcastle Northumbria SU Institute
    14-Sept-London O2 Academy Brixton
    15-Sept-London O2 Academy Brixton
    17-Sept-Cologne E-Werk
    18-Sept-Berlin Huxleys
    20-Sept-Paris Bataclan
    22-Sept-Luxembourg Rockhal
    23-Sept-Utrecht TivoliVerdenburg
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 02-16-2018 at 12:23 PM.

I think they're hitting the states first again! The reissue is supposedly out in May.

Sweet!