Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast

Thread: Garbage

Yes, I agree with all of that. Garbage's set list could have been better, but Shirley is an amazing performer. I like their first 4 albums, much more than any of their last two reunions albums. They have some good songs, but on the whole I'm not crazy about them.

I bought a copy of their coffee table book there which is brilliantly done. What a treat for fans!

This was my first time seeing Blondie and I was not that impressed. I don't know if Debbie is always like that but she didn't have the charisma you would expect from an icon. For a fashion icon, she wasn't dressed up too much. A review said she had a grandmotherly vibe, which I guess is true. But that's not what I"m looking for from a rock star! Maybe I missed the best part of their set though. Because it was at Wolf Trap and the DC subway closes early during the week so I had to leave half way through their set to catch their last train home.

Quote Originally Posted by Glindathegood View Post

This was my first time seeing Blondie and I was not that impressed. I don't know if Debbie is always like that but she didn't have the charisma you would expect from an icon. For a fashion icon, she wasn't dressed up too much. A review said she had a grandmotherly vibe, which I guess is true. But that's not what I"m looking for from a rock star! Maybe I missed the best part of their set though. Because it was at Wolf Trap and the DC subway closes early during the week so I had to leave half way through their set to catch their last train home.
    You do realize Debbie Harry is 72 right?

Quote Originally Posted by scottslean View Post
    You do realize Debbie Harry is 72 right?
    Yes, I guess that would prevent her from dancing a lot. But I don't see how that would prevent her from dressing up in a more outrageous fashion forward outfit or having a more appealing warm charismatic personality. She seemed a little cold and stand offish to me.
    Plus, everyone is always writing how she is ageless and transcends age.
    But then I'm not really a Blondie fan, I was there mostly to see Garbage. But the concert didn't turn me into a Blondie fan. Just my opinion of it.

They've announced a Version 2.0 anniversary show for London in September 2018.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    The 20 Years Paranoid tour just had some additions today for the UK and Paris. There will undoubtedly be more soon!
    *edit - Germany, Luxembourg and Netherlands too.

4-Sept-Edinburgh Festival Theatre
    5-Sept-Glasgow Barrowlands
    7-Sept-Bristol St. Phillips Gate Arena
    8-Sept-Birmingham Digbeth Arena
    9-Sept-Manchester Academy 1
    11-Sept-Nottingham Rock City
    12-Sept-Newcastle Northumbria SU Institute
    14-Sept-London O2 Academy Brixton
    15-Sept-London O2 Academy Brixton
    17-Sept-Cologne E-Werk
    18-Sept-Berlin Huxleys
    20-Sept-Paris Bataclan
    22-Sept-Luxembourg Rockhal
    23-Sept-Utrecht TivoliVerdenburg
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 02-16-2018 at 11:23 AM.

I think they're hitting the states first again! The reissue is supposedly out in May.

Sweet!

2.0 reissue

Garbage have announced a reissue of their classic album ‘Version 2.0’ to celebrate its 20th anniversary – as well as sharing the bonus track ‘Lick The Pavement’.

Sonically, the album has moments of razor sharp clarity and soft beauty. Indeed, it’s possibly our best album.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/garbag...vement-2274999
    B side remaster sounds fantastic!! No new dates announced at this time.
    Last edited by pb; 03-28-2018 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Tweet /pre oder

News of the 2.0 Reissue really excites me, I loved the job they did with the Garbage reissue it sounded so fresh after all these years!
    I never really dived into the 2.0 B-sides so that'll be interesting.

This is such a solid album. I love it. Shame it’s appearing like there’s no unreleased stuff though.

Their b sides have always been awesome

This is amazing news!

The b-sides on this album are among Garbage's best. "Soldier Through This" especially - always loved that song but saw how it didn't have a place on this album.
    Really hope they press the b-sides too, but totally doubtful

I'm very excited for the tour! I had a blast at one of the 20YQ shows in DC and I'm sure this will be excellent as well. It was fun watching Shirley talk a little bit about each b-side, especially when it was Driving Lesson's turn. I'm curious how they'll fit Tornado into the shows. Perhaps just a short interlude?

Favorite b-sides from this era: Soldier Through This, Afterglow, Deadwood, Thirteen
    Last edited by VampireTampon; 03-30-2018 at 11:06 AM.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    ^yeah, I think Tornado would have to fill the same role that Alien Sex Fiend did on the 2015 tour.

The prospect of getting stuff like Soldier Through This, Deadwood, 13x Forever (not to mention the entire 2.0 album) make this a must-see show for sure.

I’ve never heard Shirley sound so “PJ” as she does on Lick The Pavement. Very excited for this. It’s such a classic album.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down