Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast

Thread: Garbage

She mentioned a possible Version 2.0 tour next year in a recent interview. I would love that

Industrial looks good on them.
    ETA. all streams/profits from this go to Red Cross int.
    Last edited by pb; 07-14-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Really tight song. Love the dark vibe.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    It's decent, but I feel like I haven't heard anything that sounds vital out of them since Bleed Like Me. It's no "Metal Heart" or "Happy Home".

Long-time Lurker
    No Horses is easily their best song to me since the Bleed Like Me album.

I love Garbage, I really liked their last album (I loathe Not Your Kind Of People, I still can't find one song I like in that album), but this new song... The vocal part is something that William Shatner could do. I don't know, there's something missing in their music. I was never interested in Shirley's voice because she could use a two octaves range (I don't know what's her range, I don't care); what I like is the emotion she transmits. The whispered chorus of Push it, for instance. Or the sexiness of Queer and Milk. Now she's just talking.
    Anyway, it's just a song, not like they're doing an album with this style. And the image of the cover is cool.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I dig this song. I like the distorted effect you can hear at the beginning of the song. Not sure what it's called but for lack of a better word.. distorted instrument. You can hear it again after she does the "Skeleton Key" lyric.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

does anyone know what order Garbage and Blondie play in on this tour? Does Garbage go first?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    does anyone know what order Garbage and Blondie play in on this tour? Does Garbage go first?
    Yep, Garbage is first!

Quote Originally Posted by Meowth View Post
    Shirley is so amazing I can't even.

Love the song, love the video.

"We're still early on in the [seventh] record, but we've got some sparks for some songs and we were just talking the other day: we're going to do a tour for the 20th anniversary for Version 2.0, hopefully [the] summer through the fall. That will be fun because we'll play the record front to back plus the b-sides. We've got a busy year next year, should be cool."
    Not sure how I feel about the vid yet, but love the PJ shirt and recent Tori twitter interaction gave me a giggle. 2.0.2 tour should be really fun too - it'll be a shame if they book too many seated venues - but those shows should be epic regardless.

Last edited by pb; 08-02-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Not sure if it was the outdoor venue, or the set list, but I enjoyed the show I saw this week much more than the show I saw in 2016

Not wild about the new song, and after the dust settled, I have to say I thought their last album was underwhelming. It never really grew on me.

I saw the Garbage and Blondie show at the Beacon in NYC this last week. I was not wild about the setlist, as there were a number of tracks they played they I didn't love--the new song, "Stupid Girl," "#1 Crush," "Empty," and a few more. I know that some of those songs are beloved, but not by me. It was a treat to hear "The World is Not Enough" and "Cherry Lips," though.

That said--HOLY F*** did Shirley kick ass. My partner, who is not a Garbage fan, was like, "She is an amazing performer." She is seriously charismatic as hell. Despite sound problems in the venue, she sounded amazing and pretty much had the audience eating out of the palm of her hands. Despite not totally loving the song selection, I was wowed by her. I kind of wish they had

I was hoping for a Shirley/Debbie duet, but it did not happen. It may have been for the best--Debbie seemed a bit off, and Shirley would have probably have overshadowed her on stage.