Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by uskidsknow View Post
    you disliked all of Bleed Like Me? Really?! I think it's pretty fantastic. It's not groundbreaking, but I think it's a rock-solid Garbage record.
    you're insane! Beautiful Garbage has so many great songs on it. Parade, Breaking Up the Girl, Silence is Golden, Cup of Coffee, Cherry Lips, Shut your Mouth, Drive You Home. All such great songs. I think it has a tiny bit of filler on it, but I think it's still a great album, and a great statement that they wanted to branch out and do different things.
    agree on both counts! some of my absolute favorite Garbage songs are on those 2, especially Cherry Lips and Silence is Golden and Bad Boyfriend, Metal Heart, and Run Baby Run. Run Baby Run is so fucking good..i feel like it should've been a big hit for them:

also, unrelated, had never seen this before but stumbled upon it on YouTube. Shirley performing with the Pretenders on VH1 Decades Rock, including Talk of the Town (which is cool given the Special reference) and Only Happy When It Rains:

i love hearing Shirley interviews where she talks about music..she's the real deal and she really pays her dues to the people who have influenced her. she's got great taste in music too..i remember first checking out "Lover I Don't Have to Love" by Bright Eyes because she blogged about loving it.
    Last edited by MikeEP; 11-23-2011 at 05:33 PM.

I'll agree that Beautiful Garbage is totally schizo and not "cohesive," but that being said I think the songs are really good on their own. It took me longer to get into because I was looking for that "Garbage Sound," but once I let go of the notion of what they were supposed to sound like I really got into it. Yeah, I like every song on Bleed Like Me. I've been listening to them a lot lately, coincidentally, and their absence has really been palpable in rock music. They have their own sound and they own it, and there's so few kick-ass female fronted rock bands these days.
    Sound is the blood between me and you

you disliked all of Bleed Like Me? Really?! I think it's pretty fantastic. It's not groundbreaking, but I think it's a rock-solid Garbage record.
    I hate the lyrics and never want to listen to it. I find myself going back to the songs I like on Beautiful Garbage (Shut Your Mouth, Androgyny, Til the Day I Die, Breaking Up the Girl) more than anything on Bleed Like Me. I tend to listen to the first two albums and their b-sides much more than the later stuff.

OMG
    I just can't listen to Til the Day I Die , it irratates me

I really don't like "Run baby run". IMO, it doesn't fit with the rest of the sound of the album. It's a nice song per se (not a great song, just a nice one), but it sounds so bland with the other songs. I never understood why they didn't release "Bad boyfriend" as a single.
    And "It's all over but the crying"... I always skip that one.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Icon15

posted on Garbage's official Twitter account:

There is NOTHING more incredible than getting really drunk and listening to your own NEW completed record! Whoo hoo!
    http://twitter.com/#!/garbage/status/140979952240701440

And this on Facebook :

the album is done! My first day off in months. Not sure what to do. Weird.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    First confirmed 2012 Tour dates.

May 11 - St Petersburg
    May 12 - Moscow

many many many many more to come

We just approved the final mastering. The album is DONE!
    There are eleven songs that made the final sequence.
    And the album title is.... TBD

From Facebook....AHH!! 11 new Garbage songs, please bring them on hard and fast.

I can't wait!

TBD ?

to be determined

Oh ! sorry hehe

SO excited! I could use more Garbage in my life

Yay! The first two albums were among my first purchases when I belatedly made the jump from cassette to CD. Shirley was my hero! I later spent time dissecting Beautiful Garbage on message boards like the Garbage equivalent of a Tori fan.