Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff that will never get released

Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionAddict View Post
    Her cover of Hyperballad . I would actually kill to hear this one.
    Have you heard the versions of Butterfly she did in 1996 where she would put in a few lines of Hyperballad?

Sometimes I think how amazing her Hyperballad must be, but sometimes I think it wouldn't be all that great in actuality.

Yes, I did. But it's the same as with Running Up That Hill. She has thrown in some lines of RUTH before, but the 2005 versions were simply breathtaking. It was the closest thing to a full cover. And I can just imagine that the Hyperballad cover sounds as good as the RUTH cover. It just has to. But we'll never know, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionAddict View Post
    Yes, I did. But it's the same as with Running Up That Hill. She has thrown in some lines of RUTH before, but the 2005 versions were simply breathtaking. It was the closest thing to a full cover. And I can just imagine that the Hyperballad cover sounds as good as the RUTH cover. It just has to. But we'll never know, I'm afraid.
    I still cannot believe that with all the obscure bootlegs, soundcheck recordings, and everything else in existence...not one even crappy cell phone recording of that song has surfaced.

I would add the real Zero Point to this list.

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    the real Zero Point, yes!! I want that so bad. I hate the A Piano version (an obvious Tales outtake) with a passion.

authentic hotdog cart vendor Frangipani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whatlanguagenodutch View Post
    Have you heard the versions of Butterfly she did in 1996 where she would put in a few lines of Hyperballad?

Sometimes I think how amazing her Hyperballad must be, but sometimes I think it wouldn't be all that great in actuality.
    I had that on my playlist forever, until i found the studio butterfly version.
    Slippin' on my red dress, putting on my make-up

Like a Virgin
    Live recording of "Datura"

Quote Originally Posted by whatlanguagenodutch View Post
    I feel this way too. I realy want to hear it, and think it could be incredible, but I also wonder if I've built it up in my head and am expecting a 1996-style performance from a 2005 cover. Ah well, I guess we'll never know how good or bad it was.

They took the gay right out of me. Buelis's Avatar
    Yeah, the 1999 mix of 'Zero Point' as well as high quality recordings of 'Mountain' and 'Me and You' are what I most what.

Also, Beautiful Little Fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Philodendron View Post
    Yeah, the 1999 mix of 'Zero Point' as well as high quality recordings of 'Mountain' and 'Me and You' are what I most what.
    Oh Me and You I asked Tori about this when I first met her in Luxembourg in 2009. Among all the things I could have asked, it was Me and You
    She said something like it was composed during a particular timeframe and she doubts it will ever be revisited again. She could have been slapped right there.

Quote Originally Posted by JHV View Post
    I feel this way too. I realy want to hear it, and think it could be incredible, but I also wonder if I've built it up in my head and am expecting a 1996-style performance from a 2005 cover. Ah well, I guess we'll never know how good or bad it was.
    If I meet her at a M&G this year, I am totally requesting Hyperballad. (Dork: On. I am already planning a list of requests arranged by priority, Hyberballad at the top, with a list of the shows I'll be at. Oh, and the lyrics to Hyperballad.)

authentic hotdog cart vendor Frangipani's Avatar
    I remember when there was a super poor quality of that on DS. I think they've cleaned it up and it sounds better than it did 10 yrs ago. ^^ me n u
    Slippin' on my red dress, putting on my make-up

The Dayton 1998 show

An extended length behind-the-scenes documentary of her recording an album

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rattlesnakes View Post
    Also, Beautiful Little Fools.