Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Another hypocrite nailed!

it wouldn't even matter other pete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    The Gape Gazette
    Unfortunate.

it wouldn't even matter other pete's Avatar
    This one is the crowning glory for the British anti-equality movement (i.e. catholics and about a third of the conservative party, really no one else seemed to give a toss, in the end). Let's have some quotes from Cardinal O'Brien, the most senior Catholic in Scotland and the whole of the UK.

“The empirical evidence is clear, same-sex relationships are demonstrably harmful to the medical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing of those involved, no compassionate society should ever enact legislation to facilitate or promote such relationships, we have failed those who struggle with same-sex attraction and wider society by our actions.”[18] On 5 March 2012, O'Brien criticised the concept of same-sex marriage on BBC Radio 4, saying it would shame the United Kingdom[19] and that promoting such things would degenerate society further.[20]
    Sept 2012: The devolved Scottish government prepared for a (symbolic) vote equal marriage, with overwhelming support in the Edinburgh parliament. Catholic Church was all WTF:

Cardinal O'Brien calls on politicians to "sustain rather than subvert Marriage"

"The Catholic Church in Scotland will inaugurate "National Marriage Sunday" on Sunday 26 August 2012. In a Pastoral Letter to be read out in all of Scotland's 500 Catholic parishes, the Bishops' of Scotland will "place a special emphasis on the role of the family founded on marriage" and stress that "marriage is a unique lifelong union of a man and a woman"

In a strongly worded message, the Bishops will restate, their "deep disappointment that the Scottish Government has decided to redefine marriage and legislate for same sex marriage" As well as thanking parishioners for their past support in defence of marriage, the message will urge them to, "continue to act against efforts to redefine it"
    So a lengthy message was read out to every congregation, and in catholic schools, written by the man who last week "was resigned" directly by the Pope, while denying any "impropriety", but now? You'll never guess!!!!

"On Sunday, the Catholic church in Scotland issued a statement quoting O'Brien as saying that there had been times "that my sexual conduct has fallen below the standards expected of me as a priest, archbishop and cardinal."

"To those I have offended, I apologize and ask forgiveness," the statement continued. "To the Catholic church and people of Scotland, I also apologize. I will now spend the rest of my life in retirement. I will play no further part in the public life of the Catholic church in Scotland."
    It's tragic to think to the self hatred in this man, self disgust projected into fighting to harm the lives of others.

State Rep. Randy Boehning, a North Dakota lawmaker who voted against bills protecting gay people from discrimination, was caught exchanging photos of his junk to another man on Grindr, the Grand Forks Herald reports:

Boehning refused to identify at this point who he believes is behind the purported political payback for his vote against Senate Bill 2279, the third such bill defeated in the past six years by North Dakota legislators.

The exchange came to light when Dustin Smith, a 21-year-old Bismarck man with no known connections to the Capitol, contacted The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead earlier this month, saying he recognized Boehning from a gay dating smartphone app called Grindr. Chatting under the user name Top Man!, Boehning sent Smith sexually suggestive messages and, in the early morning hours of March 12, an unsolicited photo of his penis, according to exchanges reviewed by The Forum.

"How can you discriminate against the person you're trying to pick up?" Smith said in a recent interview.
    Fucking scum. If you want to live in the closet, fine, but stop voting against people's rights.

Top Man! Oh, Fargo!

Oh that's rich. Fuck that guy. Glad that kid reported that piece of shit.

streak his blood across my beak PoorMatty's Avatar
    The governor of my fair state, who has called same-sex marriage a "social experiment," is the latest nailed hypocrite. This one comes complete with a recently fired top cop who is out for revenge, audio recordings of a phone call from the governor to his mistress which sounds like he's recounting the first mildly sexual experience of his life, and one of the most trainwrecky press conferences I've ever seen.

Includes such great quotes as this one, from the awkward phone sex(?)/whatever it might be called:

You know what? When I stand behind you, and I--and I--and I put my arms around you, and I put my hands on your breasts . . . and I pull you in real close--hey, I love that too.
    And this classic exchange from the press conference:

Reporter: Governor, what is it you're specifically apologizing for if you did not have a physical relationship?
    Bentley: I'm apologizing for the things that I said.
    Reporter: What did you say, Governor?
    Bentley: Well . . . whatever's been reported.
    Video of the full, cringe-worthy press conference is here.

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    It's been a while since we've had one of these!

Anti-LGBT politician resigns after being 'caught having sex with man in his office'
    An Ohio lawmaker who routinely touted his Christian faith and anti-LGBT views has resigned after being caught having sex with a man in his office.

Wes Goodman, who is the Republican state legislator for Ohio, is married to a woman who is assistant director of an annual anti-abortion rally known as March for Life.

The right-wing legislator, who pushed “family values”, was reportedly witnessed having sex with a man inside his office who was not employed by the legislator.

According to the Columbus Dispatch, the observer told Ohio House Chief of Staff Mike Dittoe what had happened on Tuesday afternoon. Mr Dittoe responded by telling House Speaker Republican Cliff Rosenberger who in turn met with Mr Goodman.
    The 33-year-old, who has been branded the “conscience of the conservative movement”, resigned for “inappropriate conduct” shortly after the meeting took place.

Mr Goodman, whose Twitter biography describes him as “Christian. American. Conservative. Republican. Husband to @Beth1027”, has regularly claimed "natural marriage" occurs between a man and a woman.

"Healthy, vibrant, thriving, values-driven families are the source of Ohio's proud history and the key to Ohio's future greatness,” reads his campaign website which has now been taken offline.
    “The ideals of a loving father and mother, a committed natural marriage, and a caring community are well worth pursuing and protecting."

Mr Goodman was elected to represent the 87th District, in north-central Ohio, just last year. Prior to that, he worked as an aide to US Representative Jim Jordan, a highly conservative, anti-LGBT Republican.

The Human Rights Campaign, the largest LGBT advocacy group in the US, named Mr Jordan in their Hall of Shame in 2014 for attempting to block marriage equality in the District of Columbia.

Mr Goodman, whose Twitter is now private and whose Facebook page has been taken offline, expressed his commitment to so-called family values in a statement back in 2013. “Faith, family, service, stewardship, strong education, and investment in our local communities are what Ohioans value. My wife Bethany and I value those same things and are ready to get to work to serve you," he said.
    The lawmaker acknowledged he was stepping down in a statement. “We all bring our own struggles and our own trials into public life," he said.

"That has been true for me, and I sincerely regret that my actions and choices have kept me from serving my constituents and our state in a way that reflects the best ideals of public service," he continued. "For those whom I have let down, I’m sorry. As I move onto the next chapter of my life, I sincerely ask for privacy for myself, my family, and my friends.”

“I was alerted to details yesterday afternoon regarding his involvement in inappropriate behaviour related to his state office,” Mr Rosenberger said in a statement. “I met with him later in the day where he acknowledged and confirmed the allegations. It became clear that his resignation was the most appropriate course of action for him, his family, the constituents of the 87th House District and this institution.”
    Christian. ✔
    Conservative. ✔
    Republican. ✔
    Husband. ✔
    Hypocrite. ✔
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."