Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread: Marriage

So apparently, they legalised gay marriage in Colombia, though it still isn't very clear if it's civil unions or marriage equality, either way, it's a huge step for a Latin American country.
    "A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Slovenia now has gay marriage. A bit of light in these dark times.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    A much needed postive story in the news:

Taiwan's top court rules in favour of same-sex marriage
    Taiwan is to become the first country in Asia to legalise same-sex marriage, after the island’s constitutional court ruled current laws defining unions as between a man and a woman are invalid.

Taiwan’s highest court, the council of grand justices, said barring gay couples from marrying violated “the people’s freedom of marriage” and “the people’s right to equality”.

“Sexual orientation is an immutable characteristic that is resistant to change,” the court said in its ruling. “The freedom of marriage for two persons of the same sex, once legally recognised, will constitute the collective basis, together with opposite-sex marriage, for a stable society.”

The island’s parliament has two years to amend or enact laws addressing same-sex unions, otherwise gay couples will automatically be allowed to register under the current framework. Two of the 14 justices dissented and one recused himself.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

People of Australia have voted 61,6% in favor of gay marriage. By no means binding, but the government had said before the referendum if there would be support the bill would go to parliament, so very good news!

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    People of Australia have voted 61,6% in favor of gay marriage. By no means binding, but the government had said before the referendum if there would be support the bill would go to parliament, so very good news!
    all the aussies I know are stoked! SO SO good.

Unexpectedly, constitutional court of Austria ruled that gay marriage should be possible from 2019 onwards.
    Happy news.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    It was so freshing to wake up to some happy news and excited posts on twitter rather than the usual whatever Cheeto did overnight and fucking Brexit.
    Last edited by beanstew; 12-07-2017 at 04:11 PM.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."