Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: The entertainment industry's unstoppable bullshit machine

Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    A new in-depth article about Weinstein. It's a lot to take in. Definitely need to read it a few more times to digest it all.
    Yeah, it's kind of a slog, and it gets repetitive. But it's still interesting to see how it all went down as an organized scheme of depravity. Talk about a bullshit machine!
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

I had a feeling. I do prefer when it's a true individual rather than a concept, but this is a good one, better than "You."

Breaking: Six female Democratic senators are calling for Franken to resign. I agree that he should.

Yeah, this really was TIME's only choice, and with all the photos and stuff, they've probably been working on it for weeks. I think that the article is quite good and the whole presentation really works. I mean, when you have arguably the most popular female singer in the world and a hotel maid in the same photo array, and give their stories equal weight, you realize how pervasive this is and how overdue this movement is.

But I'm happy that it's here.

Barack Hussein Obama

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Just saw on twitter that Leonard Lopate and Jonathan Schwartz were placed on indefinite leave over at WNYC. I'm so sad about what is probably going to come out.

eta- here is the article: http://www.wnyc.org/story/longtime-wnyc-hosts-put-leave

I really like Leonard Lopate. This sucks.
    Last edited by .chris; 12-06-2017 at 05:13 PM.

The six senators is now 25 of both genders and parties.

Al's done.

Barack Hussein Obama

Today's John Oliver Award For Proper Ally Behavior goes to:

Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    Maybe Travolta is finally on the chopping block.

According to this article the movie was cancelled because the producers want a larger release, so they bought it back and is shopping it around to new distributors.

I'm all in for a HWood scandal as a politics distraction now

Well, aren't they about to drop the hammer on a bunch of Congress people? So we get both!

Barack Hussein Obama

I was afk for most of the day (and when I'm out out, I relish my freedom and try not to go on phone) so I didn't hear if that big story coming today ever came to light. I did, however, read that Tom Ashbrook from On Point was suspended for unspecified allegations... about 90 seconds after I listened to him get exasperated at the stupidity of Roy Moore defenders. ("There's no proof! We're just supposed to have faith?" screamed the ignorant caller who probably pretends to make half his life decisions based on his pastor's interpretation of Jesus, completely unaware of the parallels).

Today's main course:

Ah fuck. I read a chef was going down today and I was hoping it was Bobby Flay.

I am not shocked. I've heard second hand stories about Batali for years from friends of mine in the restaurant scene. It sucks.

I assumed it would be Flay, too. I heard he was awful to his ex-wife and that pisses me off because no one fucks with Alex Cabot.

I know I've thought it, but I don't know if I posted it anywhere, but while I liked Mario on The Chew or ICA or whatever he's on, I noticed his smile never made it to his eyes. I saw a man pretending to be a jolly person, trying to be nice, trying to be human, but it felt like a mask. I thought perhaps he was a screamer, maybe borderline violent, years ago, saw the error of his ways, and was trying to method act his way to being nice. I guess I was wrong in that aspect.

Like I knew something wasn't right, but I thought he was redeeming himself, not covering shit up.