Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: The entertainment industry's unstoppable bullshit machine

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    This fucker better end up in jail.

In a recorded phone call obtained by HuffPost, Jenni Weinman, the longtime publicist of actor Danny Masterson, suggested to one of the four women accusing Masterson of rape that a woman who is in a relationship with a man can’t claim that man raped her. In that conversation, Weinman remained unfazed when presented with accusations that her client had raped women while they were unconscious.

Two of the women accusing Masterson of rape have told HuffPost that Weinman played an integral part in covering up Masterson’s alleged crimes. They say Weinman worked to cover up the allegations by threatening, cajoling and lying to victims in an effort to silence them.

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Keith's *mostly* a politics/news and sports guy, but who knows where this will land if it's true. He could be hearing rumors outside of his specialties.

He must have changed his mind because the tweet is gone.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    He must have changed his mind because the tweet is gone.
    It still works for me. Did you update FF this week? It's being a dink for everyone.

And in case he does delete it, it says

My God my phone case just melted from the volume of texts about three separate rumors of big name sexual harassment/misconduct around media. Pro tip: Nobody take Thanksgiving off.

werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar
    This story didn't happen in the entertainment industry, but it is about sexual harassment. A 40 year old man sued his former employer for wrongful termination after he was fired for sexual harassment. The arrogance and lack of self awareness one must have is incredible: In a period of several months He sent naked pictures and lewd texts to this young apprentice shortly after she began her apprenticeship at the company. After a while she reported him, and the company did everything right. They investigated and fired him after a couple of months. Then he sued. In the ruling, it also said that he had been doing this for years to other female co-workers.

What was he expecting? Just a "don't do this" and moved to another department? Oh, and they worked in an oil rig in the north sea, so you couldn't just not avoid the asshole sending you dick pics. I don't know why it surprises me the audacity and arrogance of some men.

It seems like Uma's close to coming out with her story.

I was listening to Alanis Morissette's Hands Clean. I know this song created minor waves 15 years ago for the topic. But it's basically a song about statutory rape and of course fault is placed on the female

If it weren't for your maturity none of this would have happened
    If you weren't so wise beyond your years I would've been able to control myself
    If it weren't for my attention you wouldn't have been successful and
    If it weren't for me you would never have amounted to very much

You're essentially an employee and I like you having to depend on me
    You're kind of my protege and one day you'll say you learned all you know from me
    I know you depend on me like a young thing would to a guardian
    I know you sexualize me like a young thing would and I think I like it

What part of our history's reinvented and under rug swept?
    What part of your memory is selective and tends to forget?
    What with this distance it seems so obvious?

Just make sure you don't tell on me especially to members of your family
    We best keep this to ourselves and not tell any members of our inner posse
    I wish I could tell the world 'cause you're such a pretty thing when you're done up properly
    I might want to marry you one day if you watch that weight and keep your firm body

Ooh this could get messy
    Ooh you don't seem to mind
    Ooh don't go telling everybody
    and overlook this supposed crime
    We'll fast forward to a few years later
    And no one knows except the both of us
    And I have honored your request for silence
    And you've washed your hands clean of this

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I always wondered who she was talking about in that song.
    Me too! It's extremely fucked up. It's not a bad song. I just cannot listen to because of the subject matter. The music is way too pop for how fucked up the lyrics are.
    Last edited by entropy; 11-25-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Hmmm.

Later on she mentions a "Keri" who apparently is about to have a baby, but will talk soon after that. Does anyone know who that might be?
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post

Hmmm.

Later on she mentions a "Keri" who apparently is about to have a baby, but will talk soon after that. Does anyone know who that might be?
    A woman who came forward to accuse Simmons, Keri Claussen Khalighi.

http://www.latimes.com/business/holl...htmlstory.html

Oh, OK, I get it now. Her story is already out, but apparently she has more evidence that Munn has seen and that she'll release after her baby is born. I can't believe how this Simmons guy has always portrayed himself a charitable and evolved man when actually he's just another scumbag. It'll be fun to watch him go down, hard.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I was listening to Alanis Morissette's Hands Clean. I know this song created minor waves 15 years ago for the topic. But it's basically a song about statutory rape and of course fault is placed on the female
    I find this strange. The song was written by Morissette herself, so we can assume it reflects her own experience of the relationship as she remembers it as an adult. There is no disclaimer on the song saying that the relationship was a good idea, or that it should be taken as a guide to anyone else. She takes on the perspective of both parties in the lyrics, and it sounds like her trying to make sense of a complex situation. I'm not 'condoning' this kind of relationship, but I don't see the use in censoring someone's own expression of an experience, especially when it's something that happened a long time ago, because it might have been unhealthy or unsavoury. What should Alanis Morissette do? Not write about an important and challenging part of her life? Write it still, but keep it in a drawer to avoid controversy? Are women only aloud to share their experiences if they fit into some accepted moral viewpoint? What would be the point of that?

I am confused. No one asked her to NOT write the song. She can say what she wants. No one is censoring her. I just don't have to listen to the song. I do NOT have to feel comfortable when I listen to the song. I'm confused where I said the song should NOT be released.

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I am confused. No one asked her to NOT write the song. She can say what she wants. No one is censoring her. I just don't have to listen to the song. I do NOT have to feel comfortable when I listen to the song. I'm confused where I said the song should NOT be released.
    I didn't think you'd said that. I just don't know why you brought it up. What was your point?

I think what's interesting about that song is that the intent is kind of blurry rather than being a straight up call-out song. It should be uncomfortable and confusing, as was the relationship. And that bland production sort of masking the icky content actually works.

Alanis is taking over many threads here lately!

Quote Originally Posted by plastic•husband View Post
    Alanis is taking over many threads here lately!
    I know, right? She's having a real moment.