Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: The entertainment industry's unstoppable bullshit machine

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    Wouldn’t they have used it before now?

I’m not surprised that Haggis is a wrong dude, but I do hope that someone investigates any possible Scientology connection. They’re certainly not above exploiting all of this.
    I meant more they used it as leverage to keep him from leaving before he did. Not SINCE he left. I spoke poorly.

But yeah. the Co$ connection can't be ignored because there are rumors about them trying to sweep Travolta and Masterton stuff away, especially the latter as supposedly some of his prey were members.

Another one today:

Broadway legend Ben Vereen accused of sexually assaulting and harassing actresses during production of ‘Hair’

The women — part of the Venice Theatre production outside of Tampa — say Vereen forced unwanted kisses, hugged them aggressively, stripped naked during an acting exercise and made degrading comments about their weight, sex appeal and personal lives.

“While it was my intention to create an environment that replicated the themes of that musical during the rehearsal process, I have since come to understand that it is my conduct, not my intentions, which are relevant here. So I am not going to make any excuses because the only thing that matters here is acknowledging and apologizing for the effects of my conduct on the lives of these women,” he said.
    Ugh.

Ummmmmmm....
    OK.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post

Ummmmmmm....
    OK.
    we don't deserve billy

Barack Hussein Obama

Exclusive: Wahlberg got $1.5M for 'All the Money' reshoot, Williams paid less than $1,000

Mark Wahlberg was paid $1.5 million for reshooting his scenes in All the Money in the World, three people familiar with the situation but not authorized to speak publicly about it tell USA TODAY, while Michelle Williams was paid an $80 per diem totaling less than $1,000.

That works out to Williams being paid less than 1% of her male co-star.
    They have the same agency, so I think they're at least getting fired tomorrow.

Now, I respected the people involved in this movie for doing what they did, but this kind of erases it, doesn't it? Or was it Just Marky Mark? He had them over the barrel and made them pay? So I'm angry, but I'm not sure who gets my rage quite yet.

Reading the whole story of it, I think it was just Marky Mark being a dick. But right now especially, it's a bad fucking look. Jessica Chastain is on the warpath about it. And the fact is if they threw him more money, they should have done the same for her. She's the star of the goddamned movie, after all.

Barack Hussein Obama

Wahlberg is a vile, disgusting human being. It wouldn't surprise me to find that this is his doing.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNamedErised View Post
    Wahlberg is a vile, disgusting human being. It wouldn't surprise me to find that this is his doing.
    Yeah I mean whatever way you look at it he is massively profiting from the actions of Spacey. He's absolutely gross.

Hm.

Sounds like James Franco could be next.

Barack Hussein Obama

I am not a fan of Wahlberg's at all, but a fair share of the blame belongs to the agency that represents both Williams and Wahlberg. How f***ed up is it that they are both represented by the SAME agency, and this was the outcome?

Disappointingly, Catherine Deneuve has signed a letter deploring #MeToo as a "witch hunt":

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...sm/1018608001/

Accusations are apparently going to come out against Michael Douglas:

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/10/entert...ial/index.html

When they come out against Michael, they're going to hit Kirk too. It was ... not a good look... to have him out at the GG this weekend. I know it's "just" gossip but even if 10% of what is said about Kirk is true, he's about the last person who should have been there.

And while I'm not a fan of violence, or people probably being paid by TMZ to start shit, I don't have a lot of leftover fucks to give over this

Steve says he walked up to [Harvey] Weinstein and said, "You're such a piece of s*** for what you did to these women," and then punched him in the face twice. He says Weinstein stumbled backward and almost fell.

A restaurant manager says neither attempted punch connected, and the guy was drunk and out of control.

Both sides agree ... the person who filmed the incident asked Weinstein if he wanted to call the police, but Weinstein declined and everyone left the restaurant.

And then the guy who swung on Harvey didn't have to pay for another drink all weekend.

Holy shit. If the Kirk Douglas shit came out now....

Barack Hussein Obama

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Coming as a shock to all of no one, Franco story is out. Not sure how he didn't go down in flames after being caught trying to get with a girl who he knew was underage a few years ago.

http://www.latimes.com/business/holl...htmlstory.html

James Franco reviewed 12 Years a Slave and had the wrong take.

This is Fassbender’s film. I don’t say that because the other actors don’t give equally strong performances; it has less to do with the work by the actors and more to do with the way the characters are framed and the kind of material they are given to perform. (As a contrast watch Fassbender in The Councilor and see him in a passive role. He didn’t suddenly turn into a lesser actor—he filmed it immediately after Twelve Years a Slave—but he was given a part that doesn’t take action, he just sits and suffers.) If this is, in fact, a movie about Epps the slave owner as much as Northup the slave, what does that mean for the audience? We get to watch an incredible actor behave like a monster and we like it, we love it, because he is so charming, and handsome. We like watching humans get beaten, and if such beatings are framed in the right way, in this case, in an important film about American history, then we will lap up all that brutality and want more. I know I did. I watched it two nights in a row. I love this film. I’m beguiled by it.
    I haven't taken graduate level psych courses, but this seems to say a lot more about Franco than McQueen's filmmaking.