Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nature photography

Fabulous thread and photos guys.

This little dude was chilling on the branch outside my kitchen window yesterday evening.

IMG_0020_1 by Lexy Takes Photos, on Flickr

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borkala View Post

I usually don't shoot insects, but this little fellow was too darned cute and was just begging to have his photo taken.
    Nice. I love those little guys but they don't normally stay still for long enough to photograph.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Quote Originally Posted by gork von braun View Post
    They're hilarious. It's funny when you come down in the morning and wonder why your hanging bird feeder is wearing a fur coat they you realise that it's a squirrel hanging upside down and wrapping itself around the cylinder. I can't help laughing at them and I wish them no harm - I just wish they'd stop eating me out of house and home. I've tried protecting the feeders with plastic bottles over the top to make it hard for them to cling but they even find ways around that - leaping from odd angles, chewing around the bottles to shorten them. Bastards.

I remember squirrel obstacle courses on nature programmes as a kid.

Ninja squirrel!
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Aaahhhh that's so cute! I want to set up an obstacle course for squirrels now.

That vending machine squirrel will be too fat to fit in the machine soon!

It is I, you son of a bitch. blissgurl's Avatar
    Haha! Love the squirrel pics and that video. Here are a couple that I took of some squirrels who were very rambunctious, and kind of playing chicken with me on a college campus this past fall. They were very curious about me and were constantly running around me so it was hard to get decent pics of them. But they were hilarious.

Suck it, Shawn.

I love squirrels! We raised a few orphaned squirrels when I was growing up and they were a lot of fun. We'd give them cotton balls to play with and they'd spend hours throwing them around and rolling around with them. Once they were old enough we'd release them into the yard. One of them got really attached to us and would jump out of the trees to greet my Dad when she saw him. That was a bit unsafe, as she once landed on his face, so we relocated her to a pecan orchard.

There's a cute home video of me with two of the babies crawling in and out of my shirt, playing with each other. *cuteness overload*

Mallard sunning himself near the lake up at Keswick in the Lake District:

Crow, sheep and lamb:

Strolling through the vineyards.

A Shield Bug that took a liking to my finger.

The Sweetest Cherry in an Apple Pie Talula's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gork von braun View Post
    Crow, sheep and lamb:

Beautiful landscape (where is this?), and, of course, the shot!

Here's one not so beautiful photo of this "small" snail:

A few years back I was in this place, it was a rainy day, I felt bored, however I got outside and came across a snail, then another one... As I went further, there was an army of these giant snails. I decided to collect them, and my cousin joined me. We collected more than 80 snails, and placed them on a board. It was a real fun! After I took some photos and videos of them, we let them go. Hours went by and they were, more or less, at the same place. I think, for them, it takes an hour to move like one centimeter.
    Oh, you can't imagine the mess they left! Oh well...

I think snails are pretty cute.

The Sweetest Cherry in an Apple Pie Talula's Avatar
    ^ Yes, they are, but when you see them in that size and leaving behind a mucus (I'm not sure this is a right word in English?), all you can think of is Oh, not so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    ^ Yes, they are, but when you see them in that size and leaving behind a mucus (I'm not sure this is a right word in English?), all you can think of is Oh, not so cute.
    No way, I LOVE snails! I feel so sorry for them when they try to cross a concrete walkway and all the moisture gets sucked out of them. I always move them if I find them in time. Poor things.

Here's a snail I found in the rainforest in Puerto Rico:

Lovely sunset at the local lake:

Friendly chipmunk in Colorado:

All snails are Brian, therefore cool. Seriously, I think snails are kind of beautiful. Their shells are certainly often gorgeous.

Beautiful landscape (where is this?)
    It's just outside Keswick, Cumbria, in England. I was doing a circular walk across farmland to a very famous stone circle up there. Lovely drizzly day!