Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: UK Politics (General Thread)

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    We are deeply fucked.

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Did you guys catch the Brexit news today? Seemed like a deal on the Irish border was almost done... and then... the DUP opposed it.

The DUP torpedoed today’s sensible UK-EU compromise deal on the border because, according to an Arlene Foster tweet, the party could not accept any deal which separates Northern Ireland politically from the rest of the UK. This will come as a great surprise to campaigners for marriage equality, liberalisation of the abortion laws, and comprehensive education.
    "A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."

We are deeply, deeply fucked.

I just can't with this any more. What do these craven, venal shits have to do to get fired these days?

The look on Benn's face says it all.

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    This is all turning out to be as much of a disaster as I thought it would be; except I don't have any sense of schadenfreude because this is my future being narrowed in front of my eyes. It would be hilarious if people weren't going to suffer.

And I still don't buy into the line that Brexit could be successful if the government were stronger or if this or that were different; as far as I can tell the best outcome for Brexit is still a more expensive and less secure version of what we have now.