Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: UK Politics (General Thread)

General election in June!

Tory landslide then.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post
    General election in June!

Tory landslide then.
    how reasons she's bloody doing it now, she wants more seats for the conservatives
    fucking asjdlaksjdlaksjdaksjda

She'd be crazy not to. Hopefully, at least Labour will finally get rid of Corbyn afterwards and get some real leadership, competent enough to prepare for the 2020 elections.

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    There is no reason for there to be an election called in 2020. The latest there has to be one now is 2022. She's trying to up her mandate and secure Parliament before any of the economic damage of Brexit hits. It's the type of power-grab that the fixed-term bill was supposed to prevent but I guess we don't really care about these sorts of things any more.

I'm angry.

Yeah, I wasn't aware of how snap elections worked in the UK; here, if they are called, the new Parliament only functions until the following, previously scheduled elections. Corbyn should still fuck off and die, though.

So my generally awful but pro-remain and very long serving MP Eric Pickles isn't standing for re-election in June. No matter who stands it is likely to be a tory win with a clear majority here.

I'll be voting Green.

Last edited by beanstew; 04-24-2017 at 07:20 PM.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Theresa May wiLl only accept pre approved questions, and will refuse to attend debates on TV.

;LSKDJFALSKDJF;ALSDKJF;A
    AKSDLkasjdl
    ASKDJ

I'm so furious and depressed and the inevitably of it all but chuckleweeping at my desk at all shit on twitter.

source

source

source

Fuck Theresa May. Fuck fox hunting. Fuck the tories. Fuck brexit. And doubly Fuck the Daily cunting Heil.
    Last edited by beanstew; 05-11-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post
    Fuck Theresa May. Fuck fox hunting. Fuck the tories. Fuck brexit. And doubly Fuck the Daily cunting Heil.
    Fuck ALL of those things. As you say, the inevitability of it all is absolutely depressing. I think Jeremy Corbyn is a terrible leader who shares his own part of the blame, but at the same time the leaked Labour manifesto contains a lot of good (and potentially very popular!) ideas that would benefit this country and the people in it while the Conservatives are literally dragging us back decades to grammar schools and fox hunting, and they're still the 'strong and stable' pair of hands. I have never felt so disillusioned with politics in my whole life - turkeys voting for Christmas as an analogy doesn't even go far enough. I despair for what this country has become and where it's headed.

Someone has been correcting signs in Kettering.

Source

Shit, you beat me to it.

The Labour manifesto was officially launched today, despite the leak. And it was launched in Bradford, my home city.

As a northerner from a working class family, I have always been a Labour supporter. But I feel even more strongly in this election. I'd vote for a sack of spuds if it meant getting bloody Theresa May and the Tories out!
    ~just an underwater thing~