Page 1 of 99 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 Words For Snow Thread

50 Words For Snow Thread

UPDATE: 14th November: The full album is streaming on NPR: http://www.npr.org/2011/11/13/142133...words-for-snow

UPDATE:

The first single "Wild Man" will be aired on BBC2 at around 11am on the 10th of October!

It appears that she has signed to the ANTI- record label for this release.

The album will also feature Sir Elton John, Andy Fairweather Low and Stephen Fry.

We are extremely pleased to announce that Kate will be releasing a brand new album: "50 Words For Snow" on 21 November 2011

The album will be the second release from Kate's own label Fish People and comprises all new material that was recorded during the same period that Kate worked on her album “Director’s Cut”.

You can pre-order your copy at any of the following online stores now:

HMV
    iTunes

“50 Words For Snow” will feature seven brand new tracks set against a background of falling snow. The total running time is 65 minutes and the track listing is:

SNOWFLAKE
    LAKE TAHOE
    MISTY
    WILDMAN
    SNOWED IN AT WHEELER STREET
    50 WORDS FOR SNOW
    AMONG ANGELS

Please stay tuned to our official News section here, as well as our Facebook and Twitter pages for future updates on "50 Words For Snow".

Now that Director's Cut has been released, there is a new rumor that Kate's next album could be ready as early as November 2011.

Arriving at the new headquarters for EMI Music Australia in Sydney’s Surry Hills, where the Star Observer had been invited for a first look around the premises and a one-on-one chat with openly gay company chair Mark Poston, we couldn’t help but think of the frequent doomsday reports about the music industry being in dire straits.

Poston listed Faker’s upcoming third album as one of his most anticipated releases for the second half of the year, alongside a well-deserved Goldfrapp greatest hits and releases from Empire of the Sun/Sleepy Jackson frontman Luke Steele, David Guetta (who’s recorded an ambient dance track with Sia) and most surprising of all, a new Kate Bush album.

“Of course, you can never be sure with Kate Bush. She does things at her own pace,” Poston said with more than a little understatement. “But we’ve been told to prepare for a November release.”
    Source

All rumors, gossip, hopes, dreams, fears, etc. can be shared here!

Note that this first post will be updated each time we receive officially confirmed information.
    Last edited by ebby; 11-14-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Yay! And whut.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Ryan didn't post my credible source that the album is going to be called Let Night Of Hunters Shake

Oh poo.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    But that first bit of info is terribly exciting. November? Awesome.

They took the gay right out of me. Buelis's Avatar
    That would be sweet. I've been on a real 'Aerial' kick lately and my appreciation has only continued to grow. Though I'm not terribly thrilled with 'Director's Cut' as a whole, it contains a lot of ideas and directions that hint at some really fascinating new material. The second half of the new 'Deeper Understanding', for example - I'd be intrigued to hear her further delve into that darker bluesy sound.

This is awesome. Even if it doesn't come out in November, I'm sure it's a safe bet to say it will be released not long after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis and Borkhead View Post
    This is awesome. Even if it doesn't come out in November, I'm sure it's a safe bet to say it will be released not long after that.
    Exactly. I'm not going to count on a November release, but hopefully this means we'll have a new Kate album by the spring of 2012, which is earlier than I was expecting anyways.

Very excited!

The last time Kate had a new album, I didn't really have anyone in my life to discuss it with. That really pained me. None of the friends in my circle really pay much attention to her. This gives me just enough time to find another Kate lover and serenade him so that we can listen to the new album during dinner and then talk about it on the patio afterward. In other news, I have just become Mamaw.

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    WHAT.
    Very excited about the tentative November release date, and not that surprised. She did say she has been working on her next album Mo-Fri, full time. With all the hype about DC, November would be a smart date to release new material!

got a connection here.... 'nuff said.

This is encouraging. I was expecting to have to wait at least another 5 years.

Several regulars on the Homeground forum claim they have heard the same thing from their own sources (whom they can't name). One poster says that Kate apparently ringed EMI to tell them that the album's ready for an October/November release. And I think it makes sense, you know. I mean, I believe Kate when she says she regards DC as a new album, and I think it's great for what it is, but I'm sure she also understands that it's not quite on the same level as a "new" new album. This was indicated even in the DC press release, when they felt the need to mention that she's working on an album of new material.

Still fairly surprising if true though! :P

Quote Originally Posted by StarStealer View Post
    Very excited!

The last time Kate had a new album, I didn't really have anyone in my life to discuss it with. That really pained me. None of the friends in my circle really pay much attention to her. This gives me just enough time to find another Kate lover and serenade him so that we can listen to the new album during dinner and then talk about it on the patio afterward. In other news, I have just become Mamaw.
    @ Mamaw. This is what's so great about having this forum to share how we feel. I do have three RL Kate fans who are dear friends but we have so many scheduling conflicts that we don't experience the news as it happens like the posters do here. When Aerial was released, fans from all over the world had so much fun on @, listening together to the new single, then giving our first impressions of the album.

Like I said in the other thread, Kate sounded really energized in the radio interviews that accompanied the release of Director's Cut. I wouldn't be surprised if the new album release date is pushed back later than November, but it may very well be ready by then.

Two albums in one year? What, is it 1978 again?

I can easily believe a November release date although it wouldn't surprise me if it were pushed back for some reason either. Kate's clearly back on her old schedule of working full-time in the studio and from the interviews she gave this spring she seemed very creatively focused and happy.

Now, anyone want to place bets which will chart higher - Night of Hunters or KB10?