Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Perfume!

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar

Icon15 Perfume!

Tell me all about your favourite perfumes! I wear perfume pretty much every day and I feel kind of weird when I realise I've forgotten to put it on.

I wear Escada perfumes exclusively, mainly because I love their scents and they mix well with my skin, whereas other perfumes I've tried smell weird on me but nice on other people. Also, they have staying power and last for hours on my skin.

My day to day favourite which I have worn for about 8 years now is called Magnestism

My friends know it as 'my smell' and have said when they go in my bathroom "oh, it smells like Hilary in here!"

Another Escada perfume which I love is called Moon Sparkle. It is very sweet so I can't wear it as often but its nice for evening.

in an infinite regress just owls's Avatar
    My favorite is Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf, but it's too expensive for me to buy ($100 for 1.7 oz -- eek) , so I just nurse samples I've received and wear it on special occasions. Someday I'll treat myself to a bottle. Sephora lists the notes as:

Sambac Jasmine, Centifolia Rose, Cattleya Orchid, Ballerina Freesia, Patchouli

For summer, I really love L de Lolita by Lolita Lempicka. It has a very, very subtle sweetness to it, but it just smells fresh and a bit beachy on me. They don't seem to sell this anymore, though. I'm almost through my bottle and have been looking, and no one has it.

For autumn/winter, Burberry Brit. I'm terrible at describing scents, but this is very warm and comforting. I've had two people hug me and then hug me again and tell me I smell good, and I've never had that with another perfume. Sephora lists the notes as:

Italian Lime, Icy Pear, Green Almond, White Peony, Sugared Almonds, Amber, Mahogany, Vanilla, Tonka Bean.

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    My favorites are Ralph Lauren Romance and Narciso Rodriguez For her. I wear the latter every day.

Condoms, Rose, Condoms, Condoms!! Dorothy ZBORKnak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dreams of owls View Post

For summer, I really love L de Lolita by Lolita Lempicka. It has a very, very subtle sweetness to it, but it just smells fresh and a bit beachy on me. They don't seem to sell this anymore, though. I'm almost through my bottle and have been looking, and no one has it.
    OMG, L by Lolita Lempicka is my favorite perfume ever!! Yes, they do still sell it and there's even FREE shipping involved. They also sell a 2.7oz tester of the perfume for $32.99. FragranceX sells unused testers.
    http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html
    Last edited by Dorothy ZBORKnak; 07-22-2011 at 01:21 AM.
    this is my kind of love
    the kind that moves on
    the kind that leaves me alone...

I am DYING to try Flowerbomb! I might be coming home with it the next time I'm at Sephora.

Currently I'm liking "Lust" by Lush, Bvlgari "Mon Jasmine Noir," and Hanae Mori "Butterfly."

i adore bvlgari mon jasmin noir! i like it as a summer scent, especially.

adore

authentic hotdog cart vendor Frangipani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dreams of owls View Post
    My favorite is Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf, but it's too expensive for me to buy ($100 for 1.7 oz -- eek) , so I just nurse samples I've received and wear it on special occasions. Someday I'll treat myself to a bottle. Sephora lists the notes as:

Sambac Jasmine, Centifolia Rose, Cattleya Orchid, Ballerina Freesia, Patchouli

That sounds delicious. I want to check it out. I'm usually very attracted to perfumes with patchulli in it.

When I was a teenager, I wore Angel. I've come off of Angel completely and now i wear Chanel Mademoiselle and D&G The One. There was actually a scent by *GAG* ed hardy that i really liked but i think its discontinued- i never bought that one mostly because i object to everything ed hardy stands for.
    Slippin' on my red dress, putting on my make-up

I'm not gonna lose myself again
    I have several favorites...I've really gotten into perfume lately.

Versace's Red Jeans has been a favorite since high school, when a friend brought it back from a duty-free shop on the Canadian border.
    I've loved Gucci's Rush since I first smelled the sample strip in a magazine -- fruity and flowery and a leeeetle spicy.
    Kat Von D's Saint: I COULD DRINK THIS. My husband thinks it smells like cotton candy. I think it has plum and mandarin and lots of flowers and it's FAB.
    I just bought myself a bottle of Burberry Brit after smelling it on a coworker...and she worked at Sephora so she brought me a sample first. So there's one more vote for that one!
    Flirt!'s line at Kohl's has two nice ones: Flowerific and Flirtatious. The first has lots of water lily, and the second is a cozy berry/vanilla.
    I have knock-off bottles of DKNY's Be Fabulous (is that what the green apple one is called?) and, oddly enough, Hilary Duff's ...With Love and I wear them both often too.

Depends on what time of year it is. For fall/winter my favorites are
    Regina Harris Amber Vanilla - the perfume version of a cashmere sweater.

Bvlgari Au The' Rouge (Red Tea) - with notes of red tea, walnut, pink pepper, orange and bergamot. It is light enough to wear year round but is best in fall.

For summer/spring
    Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Tiare Mimosa - Jasmine and citrus notes that don't turn powdery or give me a headache. One of the few florals that I love.

Origins Ginger Essence - Great energizing scent that smells more like the ginger than candy. It pairs the ginger with citrus on top of a sandalwood base so it's more earthy and dry than some gingerbread type perfumes.

The one I get the most complements on by both sexes, is La Maison de la Vanille's Madagascar. It's a nice vanilla that is somewhat sweet, but not a foody-type of sweet. It's nice but not my favorite, but I always get complements when I wear it.

I am in LOVE with Dior Miss Dior Cherie. Sampled it in store and am hooked. It's become my signature scent.
    Italian Mandarin, Egyptian Jasmine, Patchouli.

I also really like the L'eau version for summer, a little lighter and crisper.
    Bitter Orange, Gardenia, White Musk.

And I'm about to order some Bond No. 9 samples. Most of them sound divine.
    Oh and Dita Von Teese is coming out with a fragrance this fall I'm dying to try. All she will say on it is no vanilla.

I'm not quiet...I'm plotting. Abi's Avatar
    My usual everyday scent is Chloe Narcisse...it is cheap and cheerful...although been wearing it since I was a lot younger so should probably change to something more adult.

For evenings I used to wear Dior J'adore until I ran out. Quite pricey but probably not buying more because it only goes to the right sort of smell the next day. For example, put it on for evening out and then wake up next morning and have my OH say I smell nice. Then I have to shower and lose the smell.

I smelled this on a co-worker and it was amazing. I bought it for me and it doesn't smell the same at all or seem to last very long.

Mostly I just grab whatever sample I have laying around and spray it on. I would LOVE to have a signature scent.

I'm also trying to find an amazing perfume for my wedding day. Apparently you are supposed to wear a new scent and then only use it for things like anniversaries/special events after that so you and your other half get a scent memory of the day. I think someone might have made that up but quite a cute idea.

^Abi, my scent for my wedding was the Miss Dior Cherie. And sure enough every time I wear Mr Friday comments.

authentic hotdog cart vendor Frangipani's Avatar
    Mr Frangipani doesnt have a sense of smell or taste. you cant imagine the hell i live in. baw
    Slippin' on my red dress, putting on my make-up

Maybe it's one of those "grass is always greener" things, but I dated a guy who had an almost superhuman sense of smell. DO YOU KNOW HOW PARANOID THAT MADE ME??

in an infinite regress just owls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy ZBORKnak View Post
    OMG, L by Lolita Lempicka is my favorite perfume ever!! Yes, they do still sell it and there's even FREE shipping involved. They also sell a 2.7oz tester of the perfume for $32.99. FragranceX sells unused testers.
    http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html
    Thank you so much! I'm so happy it's still available somewhere. Now I need to wait for the heat to calm down to order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frangipani View Post
    That sounds delicious. I want to check it out. I'm usually very attracted to perfumes with patchulli in it.

When I was a teenager, I wore Angel. I've come off of Angel completely and now i wear Chanel Mademoiselle and D&G The One. There was actually a scent by *GAG* ed hardy that i really liked but i think its discontinued- i never bought that one mostly because i object to everything ed hardy stands for.
    Hopefully you like it! If you are anywhere near a Nordstrom, they're good with samples. I tried to get one from Sephora and it was like pulling teeth.