Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Perfume!

So today, I got the final missing perfume by Dita von Teese: Fleur
    Ooooh, and it is lovely and though it is lighther and more flowery, it reminds me a bit of Rouge.
    And thanks to girls friday, I got me the Black one a couple of weeks ago and it is wonderful, too.
    It took me some time to get into that scent, but now I love it and I often perfume my room with it.

FYI: For those who are curious about some of L'Artisan's fragrances, but have been put off by their price tag, there is a pretty amazing sale going on right now on certain scents. Some of the prices are ridiculously low. I ordered the Vanille Absolument - Eau de Parfum and the Coeur de Vétiver Sacré, because I was feeling in need of some good comfort scents right now. I'll probably regret it tomorrow, but for now it feels justifiable, so I'm going with that.

L'Artisan summer sale

new scent love. I love some of my BPAL scents, but haven't purchased for awhile and was looking for something BPAL-esque with an oil base. The weather out here took an odd dip into the cool territory and I was looking for something for fall. I did some searching at Fragrantica and found that these have been showing up at various discount stores

The notes are some of my favorites: incense, amber, myrrh and labdanum. Initially there is a bit of a soapy floral note (rose), but that thankfully fades quickly to a background note and I smell fall in a bottle. The incense note is strong enough to remind you of a church, but not so much that you smell like a forest fire. Love this and the guilt-free part is that it is less than twenty dollars for a 50 ml bottle. It's one of those blind buys that actually makes up for some other blind buy disasters.

Fell for Givenchy's Ange Ou Demon after testing it at the airport this weekend:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I find all Chanel men's fragrances incredibly dull.
    The problem with having your opinions recorded online is that sometimes they come back and bite you in the ass.

For ages, I've been looking for a more neutral, work-friendly yet still interesting scent, as my Guerlains and similar stuff can be somewhat overpowering for daytime wear. Eventually, I settled on Allure Homme by Chanel, the original (albeit reformulated) version:

It's a very balanced fragrance. Nothing really stands out in an aggressive manner; the notes all complement each other leading to a very smooth and refined result. It's also versatile enough to be worn in both summer and winter, which is kind of rare for daytime fragrances. Generally, office-friendly scents are either too citrusy/fruity (boring, lacking in substance, completely inappropriate for fall/winter) or aquatic/marine scents, which are are far better suited for toilet cleaning products as far as I am concerned. This one's definitely a keeper.

On to more exciting things, my all-time favorite perfume house, Guerlain, has finally put out a 21st century male fragrance, L'homme Ideal. Of course, I had to buy it.

This is probably Guerlain's first club-friendly male fragrance ever. There's a very prevalent almond note to it, which makes it reasonably powerful, yet distinctively modern. Unlike my other favorites like Habit Rouge and L'Instant Eau Extreme, which are best suited for, say, dining in a fine restaurant, this one is all strobe lights and loud dance music and cocktails; sexy while not outright Paco Rabanne sleazy.

I was wandering through a store and saw Jennifer Lopez's face on a perfume display. I said to myself, "Self, don't prejudge based on appearances; this might be the scent you've been looking for." I squirted some on my wrist and nearly gagged. Had to hold my wrist as far away from my nose as possible until I could finally wash myself of that dime-store stank.
    Last edited by inexcelsis17; 11-27-2014 at 11:28 PM.

I took advantage of Sephora's Black Friday specials to order essentially a bunch of generous sized samples to try out.
    I have a Tocca body cream that I love and I've been interested in trying their other scents. They have two Tocca trio sets at :
    The Naughty Set
    which contains

and the Nice set
    that has

And the Black Friday special set of Tocca Beauty A Touch Of Luxury Gift Set with hand creams and rollerballs
    including

Also had a trio of NEST eau de parfum roller balls for $10

and they also tossed in a sampler set of the following niche fragrances with the code SCENTSET:

That will give me a whole slew of fragrances to try out over the holiday and into the next year.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    So I picked up some of my favorite perfumes as an early Christmas present to myself: Rive Gauche eau de toilette, Oleg Cassini Elixir de Parfum, Wind Song Spray Cologne and Mary Chess Tapestry Cologne. Very old school -- if I wear a fragrance and love it I save the empty bottle so that I can order it again.

Over the years, many of my favorite fragrances have been reformulated or discontinued. - I used to be able to get them at flea markets until they ran out. Rive Gauche is an exception - I can find that fragrance easily. But other than it, I now have to make the best of it with perfumes still available on the market - either through e-bay or on-line websites.

^Nice gifts! I remember having a bottle of Rive Gauche as a teenager and it was lovely. I was wondering what the reformulated version smells like. I didn't realize that you could still find vintage versions of it easily.

I also took advantage of an online sale and ordered a pair of Serge Lutens that I've wanted for some time. I loved the samples of Chergui and Arabie that I had and felt like a full bottle of each was in order.

FYI: Walgreens (of all places) is having a clearance sale on some of its fragrances, including Tom Ford's Black Orchid. It's on sale of $50.99 for a 3.3 oz bottle of the eau de perfume, which is a lot less than I paid for my edt version of it. A lot of the best items are already gone, including a 3.3 oz edp of Tom Ford's White Patchouli for 24.99 and Flowerbomb for $30. They also have some items on clearance that are only available in store.

I'm a bit obsessed with Velvet Orchid at the moment. Tom Ford makes amazing fragrances.

My dear hubbie gave me a new bottle of YSL's Opium eau de parfum!
    It's extra kind because it's not his favorite (it's quite intense and heavy) but he know I love it so.
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    My dear hubbie gave me a new bottle of YSL's Opium eau de parfum!
    It's extra kind because it's not his favorite (it's quite intense and heavy) but he know I love it so.
    Great choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Girl Friday View Post
    Erotique is the newest one. LOVE. And Rouge is like a comfy (sexy) blanket. If you want to really step it up and embrace your inner sex kitten, the black Dita von Teese one is the way to go. RAWR!
    Also, you are so lucky to be in Germany, she launches everything there first.
    It seems that they stopped producing / selling Dita`s perfumes in germany, they are running out of stocks in shops and on amazon.de.
    So anyone who loves them should buy the last of the stock online it seems...

Wow, It's been a really long time since I visited Glamourpuss.

I just got the three bottle set of Elvira perfume from Demeter, because it's f-ing ELVIRA!
    http://demeterfragrance.com/search-r...ch=elvira&id=3
    Vamp smells like grape soda
    Zombie is a nice sexy musk
    and Black Roses is an intense true rose scent

Pretty fun to wear I dig 'em. I only ever had a Fuzzy Navel scent from Demeter, and I was sort of amazed at how many choices they have now.
    I always liked a good storm.