Page 228 of 228 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228
Results 3,406 to 3,409 of 3409

Thread: Lana Del Rey

I love HOPE and it's the kind of song that feels so warm and reliable from LDR at this point -- a ballad that in turns makes me weep in its honesty ("calling from beyond the grave, I just wanna say 'hi, dad'") and chuckle in its cheesiness ("tearing up town in this FUCKING white gown").... it is legitimately good writing though, you can tell this is coming from years of listening to Cohen and other singer-songwriting legends, she's really starting to emulate them now.

Oh and can someone help me with the whole "BUT I'M NOT" refrain... it sounds exactly like an early Liz Phair track but I can't remember which one.

This User Is Really Gay jasonhicks's Avatar
    Not digging it as much as the other two that have come out but hopefully I'll warm up to it
    wearing the shoe 'til it fits; then I'm calling it quits

I’m in love with it. When she jumps up to the higher octave at the end I lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    ... it is legitimately good writing though, you can tell this is coming from years of listening to Cohen and other singer-songwriting legends, she's really starting to emulate them now.
    I agree! I think Mariners Apartment Complex was a nod to "I'm Your Man", but this song just feels very Cohenesque without reminding me of a specific Cohen song.
    Black Diamond finally confessed