Page 222 of 226 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 3376

Thread: Lana Del Rey

ice cream and pizza Father Lucifer's Avatar
    I love Lana. But don't think she needs her own forum. I'm hoping Gaga releases some new music and gives us a reason to keep her forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah. View Post
    Does Lana have the back catalog to warrant an entire forum's worth of discussion? I worry that it will become as redundant as Gaga's, although if I had to choose between the two I'd definitely go with Lana.
    I don't know about that. The woman just released her first album in 2012, and already has five studio albums, and a number of other contributions. That's almost an album a year. There aren't many other relatively new artists who are that prolific. I would totally vote to pull the Gaga forum and replace it with an LDR forum, or just add an LDR forum. I think she's going to be around for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    Suggestion: LDR forum
    I don't mind a Gaga forum, but yes - A Lana forum is a must!

Lana has four proper albums (BTD, UV, HM, LFL), plus an EP (Paradise). Gaga also has four proper albums (Fame, BTW, ArtPop, Joanne), plus an EP (Fame Monster).

They also have a lot of other goodies: Lana's pre-fame albums (Sirens, Lizzie Grant) and a TON of bonus/unreleased/soundtrack songs. Gaga has her Tony Bennett stuff and acting work.

Sure, Gaga is more famous, but I'd say they are equal in terms of output.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

PS: Change is slowly becoming one of my favorite LDR songs. From producer Rick Nowels:

“Change” really touches me. We were mastering the album and had to turn it into the label the next day. Lana called me that afternoon and said that she had one more statement to make for the album and that she wanted to record a new song that night. That song turned out to be “Change”. We started it at 8 p.m. and by 2 a.m. the record was done. We knew it could only be a voice/piano song because that was all the time we had. I think it’s a gem on the album."

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthSeeker View Post
    I don't know about that. The woman just released her first album in 2012, and already has five studio albums, and a number of other contributions. That's almost an album a year. There aren't many other relatively new artists who are that prolific. I would totally vote to pull the Gaga forum and replace it with an LDR forum, or just add an LDR forum. I think she's going to be around for a very long time.
    I get that, but there's not a lot of... variation in her discography. Compared to Tori, Bjork, PJ, Kate etc. for whom each album has its own sonic identity, concept and/or lyrical themes. Most discussion here is just new album talk; this thread is relatively dormant between album cycles. She doesn't really do a whole lot of promo, either. I'm all for truncating the Gaga forum into a single thread, regardless.
    Last edited by Hannah.; 08-14-2017 at 12:50 AM.

God Bless America has been stuck in my head, and I've only listened to it 3 times ever.

Yeah, I agree about truncating Gaga, and disagree that Lana needs her own board.

I'm late, but I'm loving the album! It's my favorite since BTD--I've found it immediately compelling in a way I haven't felt with the interceding albums (though I've come to love them too). I just wish she had written a song about casting hexes on Tr*mp Actually, bring Stevie back for that, please.

Late to the top 10 favorites thing, but I had to revisit a bunch of stuff before I could really pick. I'm not going to go with anything that hasn't been officially released (so no JFK, Angels Forever, Boarding School, etc). It'd be far too difficult if I included all of her unreleased stuff. It's mostly in no particular order.

13 Beaches
    Cherry
    Shades of Cool
    West Coast
    Cruel World
    Summertime Sadness
    Black Beauty
    Without You
    Ride

My last one is Gods and Monsters and I'd probably say it is my favorite LDR song. I hadn't listened to it in a while so I thought maybe I had fallen out of love with it, but I've listened to it a lot recently and it still makes me feel the things I felt when I first heard it, namely an ownership of myself and my body in a way I hadn't felt before. The song came out when I was still grappling pretty seriously with my homosexuality and my religious upbringing and hearing her sing things like "me and god, we don't get along" and "Gods dead, I said 'baby that's alright with me'"and "I was an angel looking to get fucked hard" scared me. I didn't know people could say things like that. It was liberating.

"No ones gonna take my soul away"

Would you change the LFL tracklist at all? It does seem a little long. Mine would look like this:

Love
    Lust For Life
    13 Beaches
    Cherry
    White Mustang
    Summer Bummer
    In My Feelings
    When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing
    Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    Heroin
    Change
    Get Free

(Here's the full tracklist if you want to copy/paste and delete rearrange your own):

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Love
    Lust For Life
    13 Beaches
    Cherry
    White Mustang
    Summer Bummer
    Groupie Love
    In My Feelings
    Heroin
    Change

Great ten-track album.

ice cream and pizza Father Lucifer's Avatar
    ^ That's a pretty good album edit. I'm just amazed by how prolific and talented Lana is. This era, along with Born To Die/Paradise era really prove that she's a creative force. She just keeps on writing awesome songs. Some are definitely b-sides but are mostly very high quality.

I read somewhere that 'Change' was the last song she recorded for Lust for Life. She started it the night before she was meant to hand in the album for mastering. That's why it's mainly her and the piano.

How great is "In My Feelings"????!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJane View Post
    Would you change the LFL tracklist at all?
    If I had to, I might scrap Groupie Love, White Mustang and the 2 duets. While I do like the duets, they don't feel as cohesive with the rest...
    post28!