Page 202 of 202 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202
Results 3,016 to 3,024 of 3024

Thread: Lana Del Rey

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Lol well at least it's not as bad as putting "Sad Girl" and "Pretty When You Cry" back to back.

Omg, true though. The 2 most interchangeable songs in her catalogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Perky Compson View Post
    Lol well at least it's not as bad as putting "Sad Girl" and "Pretty When You Cry" back to back.
    Iknowright, which is why I think Ultraviolence really dips in quality in the second half. The sequence from Sad Girl to Fucked my Way is just way too similar. Which is a shame, because the first 5 tracks on that album are solid gold (and Old Money is a gem as well).
    post28!

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    I love Money Power Glory and Fucked My Way Up to the Top, but I actually don't care much about Old Money. It's overproduced for a song that should be stripped back like Yayo or even the light but lush touch of Video Games. There's no need for layered, reverby vocals. Black Beauty and Is This Happiness are much better ballads from that era.

I still think Lana has yet to make a perfect record, but she's an artist who's entirely perfected her aesthetic. Even when I played Lust for Life in my apartment, my non-fan roommate came in and went "wow, that really is a Lana Del Rey song". I'm so hype for this record.

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    I love Lust For Life...I'm not usually crazy about the Weeknd but this song really works for me.

Sad Girl and Pretty When You Cry are actually my favs from Ultraviolence
    With West Coast which I think it's probably the best Lana song

testosterone-laden drunken moogle Spikey's Avatar
    Sad Girl & Pretty When You Cry are two tracks I rarely listen to these days, but I'm a person who thinks that there is otherwise enough distinct sounds between and within both of the last two records anyway. Anyroads, we heard only two songs so far, I guess it is not too late for all of the other songs being lumped together as "same" for their sound by some.
    Ai, Tolosa e Provensa, e la terra d’Argensa, Besièrs e Carcassei, quo vos vi e quo'us vei!‎

Not too impressed with the latest two songs so far. I hope the rest of the album isn't as cliché

Love both songs.
    No too excited about having more than one collaborator on her album (At least it's not with a family member).

I have a feeling she's going to just drop the album, or at least give a very short notice of the release date. She already has two singles out.