Page 226 of 227 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227 LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 3401

Thread: Lana Del Rey

Love it

New album next year.

God, she’s so brilliantly talented. Ugh. The beginning of the song sounds so familiar. Is it a Tori song? Something else? Anybody?

the juniper tree is mine Octopussy's Avatar
    ^ the strings are like Snow Cherries from France maybe?? I might be reaching though.

It reminds me of Coachella with an Ultraviolence vibe, and YAY because I'm here for all of that.

I adore the new song. While it doesn't remind me of a specific Tori track, the overall style is very Amos-y indeed. Lust for Life was the first Lana album that didn't do anything for me, so I'm looking forward to new music from her that I can actually get excited about!
    Last edited by BrotherNamedErised; 10-20-2018 at 09:00 AM.

I'm obsessed with the new song! I didn't notice the Tori similarities, but the lyrics of the refrain seem to echo Leonard Cohen's I'm Your Man:

You lose your way, just take my hand
    You're lost at sea, then I'll command your boat to me again
    Don't look too far, right where you are, that's where I am
    I'm your man
    Black Diamond finally confessed

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthSeeker View Post
    God, she’s so brilliantly talented. Ugh. The beginning of the song sounds so familiar. Is it a Tori song? Something else? Anybody?
    That melody reminds me of the theme from brokeback mountain... But that might just be me
    post28!

I am totally smitten, though. The song is wonderful, I love the strings/piano opening (very singer songwriter-y), the slightly offkey background vocals, th fuzzy guitar at the end. What a very very pleasant surprise and according to her facebook message we're getting another track.
    I wonder if this is just some random songs, or an upcoming AP, maybe a lost tracks album in the works or a new album even???
    post28!

^ apparently a press release was sent out that said these are the first tracks from a 2019 record.

Also, Venice Bitch premiers tomorrow. There is a clip on her Insta and I’m in love with it already. The title had me thinking it would be a bit more beat heavy or hip hop influenced (think summer bummer or in my feelings) but it sounds even more singer songwritery and stripped down than Mariners.
    Last edited by Domandapiano; 09-18-2018 at 12:06 AM.

She must be the most hardworking and consistent artist of the new generation though. A new record already after 2016's Honeymoon and 2017's Lust for Life. I'm perched because she only got better with time.
    the draught was the very worst

You can tell she loves the art of it all. I remember shortly after paradise (I think?) she mentioned that she didn’t “hear” a second record, and the she was going to call it quits. I can only imagine she was disheartened when her rise to fame didn’t happen as smoothly as she wanted it to. That’s part of what I love about her, though. She’s always been a hard worker, you can tell from the literal hundreds of unreleased songs that have been recorded and never used. She put all this work in and then got her shot, it almost fell apart, and for someone with less tenacity it probably would have, but she sang on and turned it all around. She still has her detractors (who doesn’t?) but the love for her is much stronger I’d say, and she has the utmost respect from pretty much every musician she’s worked with.

I just love her whole story, and you can feel that she is happy and grateful for her success and her fans.

Lol Venice Bitch is here and it's just under 10 minutes long. I don't know if I love it, but I definitely love her.

Long-time Lurker
    I LOVE it! But I hope there's a radio edit, LOL.

Yeah, I love it. Apparently the record label execs were like “can’t you just make a normal 3 and a half minute song?” and her response was that it was the end of summer and maybe some people just want some electric guitar to cruise to while they still can.

The melody and guitar when she sings “Oh god miss you on my lips, it’s me your little Venice Bitch” gives me ALL the feelings.

The record is called Norman Fucking Rockwell and consists of eleven tracks.
    the draught was the very worst