Page 225 of 225 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225
Results 3,361 to 3,373 of 3373

Thread: Lana Del Rey

Their last album was really great.

That's so Shakespearean... Canoodlefish's Avatar
    Didn't think I'd see the name of Lana and Radiohead appearing in the same news and not favourable to one. Apparently Radiohead hasn't even produced a lawsuit.
    "Never build a dungeon that you cannot get out of."

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    As far as I understand Radiohead hasn't commented, but I haven't seen any indication that Lana's lying.

Edit: Nevermind, just read the new article.
    Last edited by Perky Compson; 01-10-2018 at 12:09 AM.

Long-time Lurker
    There are definitely some similarities in the verses in regard to chord progression and parts of the melody. But for Radiohead to want 100% of the publishing is really far fetched. Especially when they had to share publishing for Creep with the Hollies themselves. I guess they're trying to recoup, LOL.

Radiohead's publisher is now denying that they've asked for 100% of the publishing: https://pitchfork.com/news/radiohead...ublishers-say/

Long-time Lurker
    Such a weird situation. It makes me wonder if there's someone in her camp who is giving her a skewed vision of what's actually going on, or if she's been speaking with these publishers directly.

Regardless, I absolutely love the song.

One of my favorite moments from the show last night

I adore that song SO much
    post28!

is it me or does she sound a lot better and more relaxed live than back when she debuted? I haven't been checking her live performances for years because it was painful to watch and listen back then, so I just focused on enjoying the recorded versions... but listening to her live this year, she sounds great!
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

I went to the show in Columbus and she was wonderful. Listening to a recording of video games from back then verses now is night and day. I think a number of things went into her putting on some bad performances back then, including nervousness and singing in a register that did not sound comfortable or natural. She SLAYS anything that’s just her and stark instrumentation. Yayo isn’t one of my favorite Lana songs but I’d absolutely say it was a highlight of the show because it was just her singing and playing guitar. Old money, change, 13 beaches, white mustang, honeymoon, Scarborough fair, and anything with that super mellow vibe she killed it on. Born To Die stuff was still super fun and she did well with those songs, but I could listen to 2 hours of her just crooning away to stuff like old money.

A new version of the song Yes To Heaven leaked Sunday. It has an annoying tag on it but it is INCREDIBLY beautiful.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Is that this one?

"Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

The version I heard has real strings but I just heard about this song for the first time yesterday. There was no tag on the one I heard so it must not be the same thing.