Page 223 of 223 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223
Results 3,331 to 3,343 of 3343

Thread: Lana Del Rey

God Bless America has been stuck in my head, and I've only listened to it 3 times ever.

Yeah, I agree about truncating Gaga, and disagree that Lana needs her own board.

I'm late, but I'm loving the album! It's my favorite since BTD--I've found it immediately compelling in a way I haven't felt with the interceding albums (though I've come to love them too). I just wish she had written a song about casting hexes on Tr*mp Actually, bring Stevie back for that, please.

Late to the top 10 favorites thing, but I had to revisit a bunch of stuff before I could really pick. I'm not going to go with anything that hasn't been officially released (so no JFK, Angels Forever, Boarding School, etc). It'd be far too difficult if I included all of her unreleased stuff. It's mostly in no particular order.

13 Beaches
    Cherry
    Shades of Cool
    West Coast
    Cruel World
    Summertime Sadness
    Black Beauty
    Without You
    Ride

My last one is Gods and Monsters and I'd probably say it is my favorite LDR song. I hadn't listened to it in a while so I thought maybe I had fallen out of love with it, but I've listened to it a lot recently and it still makes me feel the things I felt when I first heard it, namely an ownership of myself and my body in a way I hadn't felt before. The song came out when I was still grappling pretty seriously with my homosexuality and my religious upbringing and hearing her sing things like "me and god, we don't get along" and "Gods dead, I said 'baby that's alright with me'"and "I was an angel looking to get fucked hard" scared me. I didn't know people could say things like that. It was liberating.

"No ones gonna take my soul away"

Would you change the LFL tracklist at all? It does seem a little long. Mine would look like this:

Love
    Lust For Life
    13 Beaches
    Cherry
    White Mustang
    Summer Bummer
    In My Feelings
    When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing
    Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    Heroin
    Change
    Get Free

(Here's the full tracklist if you want to copy/paste and delete rearrange your own):

Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Love
    Lust For Life
    13 Beaches
    Cherry
    White Mustang
    Summer Bummer
    Groupie Love
    In My Feelings
    Heroin
    Change

Great ten-track album.

ice cream and pizza Father Lucifer's Avatar
    ^ That's a pretty good album edit. I'm just amazed by how prolific and talented Lana is. This era, along with Born To Die/Paradise era really prove that she's a creative force. She just keeps on writing awesome songs. Some are definitely b-sides but are mostly very high quality.

I read somewhere that 'Change' was the last song she recorded for Lust for Life. She started it the night before she was meant to hand in the album for mastering. That's why it's mainly her and the piano.

How great is "In My Feelings"????!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJane View Post
    Would you change the LFL tracklist at all?
    If I had to, I might scrap Groupie Love, White Mustang and the 2 duets. While I do like the duets, they don't feel as cohesive with the rest...
    post28!

But White Mustang is soooooo dreamy. I actually get it, I feel like I shouldn't like White Mustang as much as I do but when she sings "You're gonna hit me with lighting" I melt.

Groupie Love has grown on me as well. Her whispering in the background of the second verse is so blissfully creepy and it took me a few listens to pay attention to it. That's the thing about this whole album, imo, is that there are so many production choices that reveal themselves overtime and make the songs even better than you initially thought.

these days just seem to crush me
    my album edit

Love
    Lust For Life
    13 Beaches
    Cherry
    White Mustang
    In My Feelings
    Coachella – Woodstock in My Mind
    God Bless America – And All The Beautiful Women In It
    Heroin
    Change

ice cream and pizza Father Lucifer's Avatar
    Lana announced at her latest concert that she's doing a world tour! I don't think she will visit every country but it's great to hear she will be fully promoting this awesome album

She was supposed to perform in Israel a few years ago, but then there was a war and she canceled.
    How rude!

She better come this time. People adore her here.