Page 227 of 232 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 3479

Thread: Lana Del Rey

Holy Shit ! This new song is SO good.
    Also like the first one.

Looks like I'm gonna like it more than Lust for Life, the beekeeper in her collection :P

unlikable female protagonist Sansa Spark's Avatar
    I’m so here for these new songs. Mariners reminds me a little bit of Cloud Riders, I think? And Venice Bitch is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Looks like I'm gonna like it more than Lust for Life, the beekeeper in her collection :P
    Wash your mouth boy
    post28!

First listen: that fuzzy psychedelic guitar solo, holy crap! Love it. Probably not a song that I would blast on the speakers a lot but it's damn good at setting a mood and the production is fantastic. If this is the new lana Era, bring it on!
    post28!

I really, really like Mariners. It's a great song, and I love the fact that she stopped adding echoes to all the vocals.
    Venice Bitch is ok. I don't get it as a single without a radio edit, mainly because the instrumental part is not interesting enough to justify a ten minute single. But I think it fits in an album. And the beginning reminds me so much of Taylor Swift's "This love", not sure why.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    I love this fucking with the record companies shit -- a 10 minute single with no radio edit?? MAKE them fade the track manually!! Break up that computer-generated playlist shit! W3RK!!

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    I...hate “Mariners”. It’s full of the vague uncommitted platitudes that’s littered Lust for Life. Normally I can look past Lana’s lyrics but I’d much rather something weird and stupid like “my pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola” over this “Maybe California” rough draft.

Lana performed a new song a few days ago at an Apple event, how to disappear.
    This Norman Fucking Rockwell album is shaping up to be something amazing!

post28!

Quote Originally Posted by Perky Compson View Post
    I...hate “Mariners”. It’s full of the vague uncommitted platitudes that’s littered Lust for Life. Normally I can look past Lana’s lyrics but I’d much rather something weird and stupid like “my pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola” over this “Maybe California” rough draft.
    I have a love-hate relationship with it. It sounds a bit cheesy in places, especially the verses, but then it has parts that are really stunning, such as the chorus.

Venice Bitch is definitely the stronger track.
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

There are a number of clips where Lana has previewed the song cinnamon and people have spliced it together to make long versions and honestly I’m so juiced for that song. At first I thought it sounded very “been there done that” for her, but the production sounds AMAZING and I’ve fallen in love with the clips.

Thoughts?

I love it, probably the most of the ones we've heard from the new album; no bells and whistles, just a timeless little folk tune. It brought to mind Tori's cover of Famous Blue Raincoat.

Oh... I actually missed How To Disappear when it came out but it just played on YouTube after the new song. This album is shaping up to be something else...
    Last edited by Nick; 01-09-2019 at 02:16 PM.

I too love it. Stripped down, very singer-songwritery. I do hate a few clunky lyrics, but oh well.

It's funny, Honeymoon is my least favorite album because I feel all songs are too lara-the-persona-by-numbers and the album as a whole is too slow.
    So far, all NormanRockwell tracks are slow affairs as well but there's something about the production, the melodies, the emotion that really resonates with me. I can't put my finger on it but it feels like a new direction. And Mariners has easily become one of my top Lana tunes.
    post28!

Long-time Lurker
    ^ I couldn't agree more, about Honeymoon and NFR. Honeymoon is unlistenable to me, it just seems to drone on forever at the same woeful tempo under layers of muddy echo. But everything I've heard from NFR so far, it just feels so immediate and close, even if each song has had a fairly slow tempo. I'm really excited to hear more.

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    I love HOPE and it's the kind of song that feels so warm and reliable from LDR at this point -- a ballad that in turns makes me weep in its honesty ("calling from beyond the grave, I just wanna say 'hi, dad'") and chuckle in its cheesiness ("tearing up town in this FUCKING white gown").... it is legitimately good writing though, you can tell this is coming from years of listening to Cohen and other singer-songwriting legends, she's really starting to emulate them now.

Oh and can someone help me with the whole "BUT I'M NOT" refrain... it sounds exactly like an early Liz Phair track but I can't remember which one.