Page 199 of 225 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3373

Thread: Lana Del Rey

The new song has grown on me a lot. It's kinda the same old thing from her, but at least it has a little more energy and momentum than the songs from Honeymoon.

I just really haven't been into much of anything she's done after Born to Die/Paradise. The only songs I really liked from Ultraviolence were West Coast, Black Beauty, and Is This Happiness?

If I were to try and revisit Honeymoon, where should I start?
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

oops

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Markness View Post
    The new song has grown on me a lot. It's kinda the same old thing from her, but at least it has a little more energy and momentum than the songs from Honeymoon.

I just really haven't been into much of anything she's done after Born to Die/Paradise. The only songs I really liked from Ultraviolence were West Coast, Black Beauty, and Is This Happiness?

If I were to try and revisit Honeymoon, where should I start?
    I'd start with Music to watch boys to, Art Deco, Terrence loves you and Salvatore.Have no solid advice though, as I seem to be the exact opposite; my fandom didn't really take off until Ultraviolence was released and I love the last two albums to death.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Art Deco, Terrence Loves You and Blackest Day are the highlights of Honeymoon for me.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    That expression that goes something like "They really needed something to stop the rot."
    "Love" has stopped the rot. She is back on course.

This is my favorite song by anyone right now.
    Yes, even I can misspell four-letter words. Can you imagine that pewp?

I can't stand Terrence Loves You, find it so dreary and sleep-inducing.

My Honeymoon recommendtions would be Swan Song (!!!!), Music to Watch Boys To, The Blackest Day and Art Deco

Love (song & vid) is getting better and better the more I listen to it, has this grand, warm feeling about it.
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    "Love" is much better with the video, it's grown on me a lot and I'm more excited now. I like the '50s Americana/Sci-fi theme a lot, especially since it's more Ray Bradbury/"Rocket Summer", than lame monster movie. A timely choice of image to say the least :/

How come no one likes High By The Beach?? It's so irresistibly trashy. But where was the Fetty Wap remix? Not even an air horn?

"All I wanna do is get... BRRRRR!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Jupiter View Post
    I can't stand Terrence Loves You, find it so dreary and sleep-inducing.

My Honeymoon recommendtions would be Swan Song (!!!!), Music to Watch Boys To, The Blackest Day and Art Deco

Love (song & vid) is getting better and better the more I listen to it, has this grand, warm feeling about it.
    Terrence Loves You is my obsession.

The new song that leaked 'Best American Record' is REALLY lovely ! It's a mix of Ultraviolence and Terrence Loves You

Quote Originally Posted by Andyland View Post
    ahh i was there! it was magical and she sounded so so good.

setlist had: born to die, ultraviolence, ride, video games, blue jeans, shades of cool, love and two more i can't think of that i believe are on honeymoon...

New album is called "Lust For Life"

http://pitchfork.com/news/69503-lana...-lust-for-life

excited for the album but the trailer felt a little cheesy/heavy-handed to me.

I love it; it feels like a scene from The Love Witch. I appreciate that it's more "wink-y" than her usual self-seriousness.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    excited for the album but the trailer felt a little cheesy/heavy-handed to me.
    That's exactly why I loved it! She's finally embracing the camp of this persona full on while also adding a new layer to it. She's clearly approaching this album differently based both on the single and this trailer.