Page 104 of 225 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3361

Thread: Lana Del Rey

Banned
    This video sounds so epic, people saw in a theater and all the reviews are good, can't wait for tomorrow.

burning up the bible BettahDevil's Avatar
    Ahhhhhh! Tomorrow! YES! Can't wait! Maybe i'll stay up super late and catch it the minute it's up just like Summertime Sadness
    Last edited by BettahDevil; 10-12-2012 at 04:18 AM.

Banned

EPIC!

Great video, def a bit over-dramatic and cringeworthy here and there, but I love it. Lana delivers the best videos this year so far, there is no competition!

Banned
    The shots of her on the tire are so beautiful and the head dress/campfire scenes! I could see myself watching this in a theater. It's sorta cheese I guess but the cinematography and Lana herself make up for it, it doesn't seem like too much. Blue Jeans and National Anthem are just as good!

I only saw it once before I went to work. I really can't wait to watch it again. It's just perfect.

I looooooooooooove it!

I think it's fantastic. She always hits home runs with her videos, this is no different. I think it might be my favorite, actually.

Already reading people who think the use of the headdress was offensive and talking about what "America was." *groan* Build a bridge, people.

^ I knew those would be talking points for haters!

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    it's really beautiful visually, but i think the video really treads the line of self-parody, particularly with the voiceover. you can almost hear melodramatic teenagers typing it into tumblr quotes as she's reciting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brambles View Post
    it's really beautiful visually, but i think the video really treads the line of self-parody, particularly with the voiceover. you can almost hear melodramatic teenagers typing it into tumblr quotes as she's reciting it.
    To me, the video is no different than anything else she's done. Whether that's good or bad is up to you, but she's never strayed from her aesthetic from the moment she released the Video Games video. She's also never made it a secret that Lana Del Rey, the character she created from her own life experiences and passions, lives in a world of sultry pin-ups, bad boys, rich parties, femme fatales, first ladies, and Americana. This video takes everything from the era, throws it in a blender, and creates the perfect exclamation point to the whole Born to Die album.

I totally understand the opinion that she's repetitive and overly melodramatic. But I think that's also the reason a lot of people enjoy her.

I like it. She looked phenomenal. And I really love the song.

Is that biker chick her actual sister? There weren't any real clear views of her, but she did kinda look like Lana (Lizzy Grant era). No mention in the credits though.

^Yup! I saw a few places post screen shots that said she is her real sister.

I'm at work, so I'll have to post my thoughts later, but that's her younger sister Chuck. She also photographed the cover for Ride.

So, basicly every review appearing right now is praising the video. Pitchfork, HuffPost, NME, Rolling Stone, Stereogum, Popjustice...The list goes on and on...
    She must be very, very happy now after the shitstorm she got this year.

And what a great video it is

Oh, anyone else noticed the meltdown of some Little Monsters on YT? Lana is sooo copying Gaga! WTF?