Page 154 of 205 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3075

Thread: Lana Del Rey

Shades of Cool seems to hold up what I enjoyed about West Coast, i.e. it retains the cinematic sound she's sort of known for but puts a little more "oomph" behind the production/arrangements. Neither song is what I would call uptempo but they have build and momentum.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

Mr. Phelps Boyfriend TASpark658's Avatar
    Brooklyn Baby (Snippet)

I stand no chance of growing up Tulip In A Cup's Avatar
    The show was really good. But I just wish all the hipster kids would have shut their fucking mouths and not sung along so much. I mean I came to see Lana not a bunch of teenage girls singing along to every lyric like its karaoke night at the all ages hipster club. Set list was pretty much the same as it has been. Lana looked beautiful all glam and fancy. Reminded me of Loretta Lynn in the 60s with the brunette hair color she has now.
    Being short sucked especially at this show. Damn the kids grown these days like stalks of corn. I am completely exhausted, over extended myself a bit between work and the gym and walking to the show.
    But seeing her was great and being high during it was fun too. Overall, great show but sadly again it was less enjoyable with all those dumbasses singing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'm sort of glad I didn't get tickets this tour I want to see her someday but right now the crowds are off-putting and the set lists are rather boring.

I hope that she does another leg once the record has been out for a while. I want to hear these new songs live!
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

I agree, Taspark. I hope one day her fan base dwindles and all the trendy kids stop going and she just has her core fanbase and plays smaller venues.

I was hoping for Shades of cool and even the Maleficent song since that movie is coming out this week.

Also, I just remembered all the kids were wearing hand made flower crowns. It was pretty ridic and embarrassing for them. *eye roll*

!!

You aren't the first person to complain about the crowds this tour, even on that video of Ultraviolence and the other version I saw, people are talking so loud during her show, like hush up and listen to her. I agree with Markness that if she has a 2nd leg with the new songs I might consider going.

Yeah it was odd and I felt old. My husband said people were more chill when he saw Slayer at the Showbox than Lana. He said that show was very interesting in that sense. He thinks everyone was on weed. Lol

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    Aren't people "on weed" at most concerts?

Lol well..... in WA. It's pretty much a requirement. Haha!

"Shades of Cool" reminds me a bit of "South" era Heather Nova.

She's going to be on Letterman this Thursday! Hope she knocks it out of the park.

The title track will premiere tomorrow night on Zane Rowe's BBC 1 show!

Polydor Records ‏@polydorrecords 17m
    Tune in to @zanelowe on @BBCR1 tonight from 7.30pm to hear @LanaDelRey's Ultraviolence as Hottest Record! Streaming on @VEVO soon after...
    Track times:

http://www.amazon.de/Ultraviolence-L...Bultraviolence
    Last edited by TASpark658; 06-04-2014 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Updated