Page 177 of 228 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 3409

Thread: Lana Del Rey

What kind of fuckery is this? emptytuileries's Avatar
    I always thought the unreleased track "Serial Killer" would've been an awesome single.

Born to Die
    Video Games
    Off to the Races
    Ride
    Body Electric
    Cruel World
    Brooklyn Baby
    West Coast

Surprised to see some found Ultraviolence sleepy. I find it a fully captivating and engaging listen from start to finish. It's refreshing to see a trending young artist who is very much a part of the pop-culture vernacular make an album as concise, provocative, and consistently good as Ultraviolence. I haven't really cared for Lana up until this record, but this is the album that helped me see her as both an artist and gifted songwriter and made me take stock in her past output (which I now think is pretty good). Also, "Cruel World" is just balls to the wall fucking amazing.

oh, and my absolute fave non-album songs have got to be:

Oh Say Can You See (seriously one of her best songs EVER)
    A Star for Nick
    Pawn Shop Blues
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

Long-time Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by emptytuileries View Post
    I always thought the unreleased track "Serial Killer" would've been an awesome single.
    Same here. It's so good.

Don't know if you have seen this(You probably saw it but anyway) but i'm loving her take on the song.

Also my favorite Lana songs are probably like this

Bord to Die
    Video Games
    Dark Paradise
    Gods and Monsters
    Yayo
    Cruel World
    Cruel World
    no seriously Cruel World
    Brookly Baby
    Florida Kilos
    Last edited by Luc; 02-02-2015 at 07:58 PM.

Guys what do you think of the May Jailer record Sirens? I find it really captivating. Secretly wish she released it under her current name as a proper LDR album. Or re-released it now, or redid the songs, just something. Too pretty to be forgotten, and I love her voice on it.
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Go Unfies. This thread passing the number of posts in the Joanna forum makes me smile a bit. Don't know why.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

You get a subforum, you get a subforum, everyone gets a subforum!

No, no, please, not everyone. The Fiona hasn't got one either, that thread has even more replies. (Lord, by that logic we would have a Kate BorLOVEski forum).

I'd personally enjoy having a subforum for Alanis and Joni! But Lana wouldn't be bad as well

a Kylie sub-forum was declined as well

Sorry kids, I actually meant to say that the Joanna subforum should go.

It is interesting though AshaBlack, that you filed a formal request for a Kylie sub-forum in the past. Did you use the correct procedures for it? It includes naked pics of oneself, don't you know.

Daily reminder that she did not release Driving In Cars With Boys on a proper record.

So, I have to say that I don't dislike her as much as I used to.
    I mean, I still find her abnoxious and boring as hell. But I mean her persona, her character, Lana del Rey. "Oh, I'm so deppressed so I'm gonna have empty sex with random hot people and fall in love with them and sing about it". I just can't deal with that part.
    But her music alone... I kinda like it. I still can't listen to her album as a whole, but the first five songs from Born To Die are really good and there are at least to GREAT songs in Ultraviolence.
    So I want to give it a try and listen to her in the old-fashioned way: buying her records. The thing is, I THINK her music might sound specially good on vinyls. I'm not a great audiophile, but I see that in some records there's a more noticeable difference between the sound of the cd and the sound of the vinyl. How's that difference in LDR vinyls? Or does it sound virtually the same?
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.