Page 194 of 225 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3367

Thread: Lana Del Rey

When she sings "I'm on my own again" at the end of the blackest day, it feels like the most genuine thing she has ever put to music tbh. I know she and her long term boyfriend ended things sometime earlier this year (or was it last year??) but blackest day feels like it's actually coming from Elizabeth Grant and not a persona, at least those last few lines.

Last edited by Tonic; 10-08-2015 at 01:59 PM.

BTD is the weakest lyrically IMO, sounds like a teen girl from tumblr who likes vintage wrote it

but it has its great moments + production-wise it's really fresh and catchy

I'd love a catchy album from her again, and it doesn't even have to be a retread of BTD. I think a sound a la Parov Stelar would fit her nicely
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Domandapiano View Post
    Lana's Walk tbh
    Ever since you posted this, I can't see the album cover without seeing THIS;

This album is very much like Scarlet, only with a bit of extra "t' in it. It is a limousine tour which takes you along the gates of famous men and women, where you get to meet all these interesting, self-indulgent, egocentric characters, the celebreties that make America to what it is today. The tracklisting is as follows;

1. Violets in your eyes.
    2. Playing their guitars (only one of my toys)
    3. But David Bowie’s half-brother
    4. Let there be light / I wear my blinders in the rain
    5. Peace by vengeance
    6. Come to California: Loving me is all you need
    7. Me and a gunmetal
    8. TS Eliot prayer
    9. Lay Lady Lay
    10. Working on my tan
    11. Blue nail polish
    12. Fleas
    13. Black Swan Song
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    TS Eliot Prayer and Me & a Gunmetal.... I die.

I am loving this album. Perhaps her best yet. It seems the most mature, and I can feel her emotions in many of the songs. I also love the use of the horns - specifically the moaning sax - in some of the songs. They remind me a bit of Joni. I kept thinking it was from a "Hejira" track, but I just listened to that, and it's not on there. Hmmm..

I think "Terrence Loves You" might be my new favorite LDR song. That vocal absolutely slays me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthSeeker View Post
    I am loving this album. Perhaps her best yet. It seems the most mature, and I can feel her emotions in many of the songs. I also love the use of the horns - specifically the moaning sax - in some of the songs. They remind me a bit of Joni. I kept thinking it was from a "Hejira" track, but I just listened to that, and it's not on there. Hmmm..
    In Jessica Hopper's Pitchfork review, she says Honeymoon "feels as though it belongs to a larger canon of Southern California Gothic albums—Celebrity Skin, Hotel California, The Hissing of Summer Lawns." I hear it!

Not completely sold on this as a whole yet, but this is certainly Lana's best vocals. Stunning!

you guys this might be my favourite Lana album. It's so lovely. The scarlet comparison is pretty apt and a double win for me, as it's my favourite tori album.

Off to walk to my writing class with it in my pocket, on a lovely gloomy autumn day.

I can't stop listening to Salvatore. She should have released that as the first single, it could probably have been a new Video Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    I can't stop listening to Salvatore. She should have released that as the first single, it could probably have been a new Video Games.
    I love that song for the wry "and eat soft icecream" which sounds like something a pisstake of Lana Del Rey would sing rather then the actual Lana, which makes me think she knows exactly how she's perceived and what she's doing.

I took a Honeymoon/Scarlet's Walk playlist on a walk today, it oddly wors. Blackest Day into Strange into Gold Dust into Salvatore into Sweet Sangria was a lovely ride, let me tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by soignee View Post
    I love that song for the wry "and eat soft icecream" which sounds like something a pisstake of Lana Del Rey would sing rather then the actual Lana, which makes me think she knows exactly how she's perceived and what she's doing.
    That would fit right in with my postulated hypotheses that it is about cheap-ass lowly rated romance novels.

Quote Originally Posted by take_offs View Post
    In Jessica Hopper's Pitchfork review, she says Honeymoon "feels as though it belongs to a larger canon of Southern California Gothic albums—Celebrity Skin, Hotel California, The Hissing of Summer Lawns." I hear it!
    Thanks for sharing that! Although I do have to say that it's funny they classify Hissing as "Southern California Gothic," when it's always struck me so deeply as a New York album with all of the New York references. One of my favorite albums, ever, I must add.

ok Swan Song is so beautiful now. It's the Bel Air of the album, meaning the best and most beautiful one

such a perfect closer, why did she have to ruin the ending for the album by adding that cover?
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.