Page 194 of 226 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3376

Thread: Lana Del Rey

you guys this might be my favourite Lana album. It's so lovely. The scarlet comparison is pretty apt and a double win for me, as it's my favourite tori album.

Off to walk to my writing class with it in my pocket, on a lovely gloomy autumn day.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    I can't stop listening to Salvatore. She should have released that as the first single, it could probably have been a new Video Games.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    I can't stop listening to Salvatore. She should have released that as the first single, it could probably have been a new Video Games.
    I love that song for the wry "and eat soft icecream" which sounds like something a pisstake of Lana Del Rey would sing rather then the actual Lana, which makes me think she knows exactly how she's perceived and what she's doing.

I took a Honeymoon/Scarlet's Walk playlist on a walk today, it oddly wors. Blackest Day into Strange into Gold Dust into Salvatore into Sweet Sangria was a lovely ride, let me tell you.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soignee View Post
    I love that song for the wry "and eat soft icecream" which sounds like something a pisstake of Lana Del Rey would sing rather then the actual Lana, which makes me think she knows exactly how she's perceived and what she's doing.
    That would fit right in with my postulated hypotheses that it is about cheap-ass lowly rated romance novels.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Quote Originally Posted by take_offs View Post
    In Jessica Hopper's Pitchfork review, she says Honeymoon "feels as though it belongs to a larger canon of Southern California Gothic albums—Celebrity Skin, Hotel California, The Hissing of Summer Lawns." I hear it!
    Thanks for sharing that! Although I do have to say that it's funny they classify Hissing as "Southern California Gothic," when it's always struck me so deeply as a New York album with all of the New York references. One of my favorite albums, ever, I must add.

ok Swan Song is so beautiful now. It's the Bel Air of the album, meaning the best and most beautiful one

such a perfect closer, why did she have to ruin the ending for the album by adding that cover?
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

I havebt given the whole thing more than one fair listen. But an early and immediate favorite is The Blackest Day. I love her lower, fuller register. I'll give it another try this week.

Nothing can touch Nina Simone's take, but after Mary J. Blige's abysmal version of Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood on Nina Revisited, I quite like Lana's version as the closer here - much more so than The Other Woman on UV.

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/61304-la...dio-1-session/

She sang a few songs live on bbc radio and she killed it. Her voice really is so silky. She did "honeymoon"and the last part gets really intense when she sings "dreaming away your life" with the band and guitar and really heavy drums and it makes me wish the album recording was more like the live one.

I also just love her talking voice.

It's amazing how A) happy she sounds compared to past interviews and B) how much she's improved vocally. Loved all three performances.

I don't wanna change the discussion of the new album but her face changed a lot since Ultraviolence, I don't know it it's only due to a gain of weight.
    But anyway I'm loving more and more the new album Terrance Loves You has grown on me A LOT and Salvatore and The Blackest Day are instant classic.
    The vocals are overall amazing

She's so sweet...

Beautiful video, but I wish there'd be more action in her videos for a change. But still it's better than the UV videos.

This song is one of the highlights, looooove it a lot.
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

She looks stunning.Also her smile
    the draught was the very worst