Page 200 of 226 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3376

Thread: Lana Del Rey

^ yeah, i can see that..i don't know, it just felt a little overdone to me. not meaning to rain on the parade though! on a more positive note, she seems really happy in the trailer. i also love Love and have been playing it a ton since it was released.

Ok obsessed. I love how she's not taking herself seriously and is obviously having fun. I also love this change from being a "poor, little seductress" to being a powerful witchy-woman. It reminded me of Bewitched which I adore.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

I've always considered her overlong music videos (a la Ride, National Anthem) and the Tropico movie really pretentious and overdone, and I have to say I love this trailer. Feels more creative and genuine, not sure why. I full on support this whole era, Love is beautiful and I can't wait to hear more. I'm already more exicted than I was for Honeymoon.

Hope that the collab with The Weeknd turns out a hit for her, she hasn't had a big one in a while.
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

For me, the pretension has never been there. Obviously up for interpretation, but I've always loved Lana Del Rey for moments precisely like this trailer. She's created this persona, this world, this sound - and she has committed to it. While I'd be interested in hearing her change up her sound, I'm still in love with what she's created thus far and have always recognized the campiness of it. I mean come on, she has a lyric that says "My pussy tastes like Pepsi-Cola." There's definitely moments of earnestness throughout her albums but I'm drawn to the over-exaggerations.

I love camp and it's got nothing to do with pretentiousness to me. I love how committed she is to her aesthetic and the world she's created. It's just always felt effortless to me, in a way that clip doesn't to me. It's just a trailer though..certainly still excited for the album, especially given how great Love is.

By the methane lakes Bloody Grace's Avatar
    I love it already. The witchy/esoteric aesthetics and the random space stuff are something I cannot resist.
    Last edited by Bloody Grace; 04-08-2017 at 01:11 PM.
    My website! LOOK, ART!1
    A certain darkness is needed to see the stars - Under a warm tuscan sun

I love that Lana had recorded the trailer's monologue on her phone and then when she showed the director to let him know what she was going for, he said "this is perfect. We'll use it as is."

If you google, you'll find the interview with him. I don't have time to look and link right now, but all of the symbols in the trailer are linked to the songs. Notably, you can spot The Weekend's logo going into her cauldron.

She just posted the album cover on her FB

Well she looks GORGEOUS! I was hoping for a darker cover, but I love that it reminds me of an old Dolly Parton album cover, right down to the font.

I think this may be the first official album cover of hers that I actually like.

Last edited by Alpha Neutral; 07-26-2017 at 08:36 PM.

I'm pleased to see that the LDR album cover theme of her standing in front of/getting out of/being in vehicles hasn't died off yet.

It's like the opposite of the Born to Die cover but done in a similar way. She's standing in front of a car/truck but instead of looking like she's lost all hope with an album title as morose as Born To Die, she looks radiant and happy with the album title Lust for Life. It's hard to think of it as unintentional

http://pitchfork.com/news/71945-list...lust-for-life/

I like it! It definitely has energy to it, which is always something I hope for out of her songs. It almost sounds like a song for a movie, like Young and Beautiful
    Last edited by Domandapiano; 04-19-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Direct link:

I like it, too!

It's a nice, albeit rather simple, track. I'm not that fond of the Weeknd, though, and surprised she added him of all people.
    Desperate for a radio hit?
    All in all I'm happy that, so far, the new stuff doesn't sound as flat and samey as most Honeymoon stuff.
    post28!