Page 200 of 205 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3072

Thread: Lana Del Rey

"Love" is much better with the video, it's grown on me a lot and I'm more excited now. I like the '50s Americana/Sci-fi theme a lot, especially since it's more Ray Bradbury/"Rocket Summer", than lame monster movie. A timely choice of image to say the least :/

How come no one likes High By The Beach?? It's so irresistibly trashy. But where was the Fetty Wap remix? Not even an air horn?

"All I wanna do is get... BRRRRR!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Jupiter View Post
    I can't stand Terrence Loves You, find it so dreary and sleep-inducing.

My Honeymoon recommendtions would be Swan Song (!!!!), Music to Watch Boys To, The Blackest Day and Art Deco

Love (song & vid) is getting better and better the more I listen to it, has this grand, warm feeling about it.
    Terrence Loves You is my obsession.

The new song that leaked 'Best American Record' is REALLY lovely ! It's a mix of Ultraviolence and Terrence Loves You

Quote Originally Posted by Andyland View Post
    ahh i was there! it was magical and she sounded so so good.

setlist had: born to die, ultraviolence, ride, video games, blue jeans, shades of cool, love and two more i can't think of that i believe are on honeymoon...

New album is called "Lust For Life"

http://pitchfork.com/news/69503-lana...-lust-for-life

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    excited for the album but the trailer felt a little cheesy/heavy-handed to me.

I love it; it feels like a scene from The Love Witch. I appreciate that it's more "wink-y" than her usual self-seriousness.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    excited for the album but the trailer felt a little cheesy/heavy-handed to me.
    That's exactly why I loved it! She's finally embracing the camp of this persona full on while also adding a new layer to it. She's clearly approaching this album differently based both on the single and this trailer.

^ yeah, i can see that..i don't know, it just felt a little overdone to me. not meaning to rain on the parade though! on a more positive note, she seems really happy in the trailer. i also love Love and have been playing it a ton since it was released.

Ok obsessed. I love how she's not taking herself seriously and is obviously having fun. I also love this change from being a "poor, little seductress" to being a powerful witchy-woman. It reminded me of Bewitched which I adore.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

I've always considered her overlong music videos (a la Ride, National Anthem) and the Tropico movie really pretentious and overdone, and I have to say I love this trailer. Feels more creative and genuine, not sure why. I full on support this whole era, Love is beautiful and I can't wait to hear more. I'm already more exicted than I was for Honeymoon.

Hope that the collab with The Weeknd turns out a hit for her, she hasn't had a big one in a while.
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

For me, the pretension has never been there. Obviously up for interpretation, but I've always loved Lana Del Rey for moments precisely like this trailer. She's created this persona, this world, this sound - and she has committed to it. While I'd be interested in hearing her change up her sound, I'm still in love with what she's created thus far and have always recognized the campiness of it. I mean come on, she has a lyric that says "My pussy tastes like Pepsi-Cola." There's definitely moments of earnestness throughout her albums but I'm drawn to the over-exaggerations.

I love camp and it's got nothing to do with pretentiousness to me. I love how committed she is to her aesthetic and the world she's created. It's just always felt effortless to me, in a way that clip doesn't to me. It's just a trailer though..certainly still excited for the album, especially given how great Love is.

By the methane lakes Bloody Grace's Avatar
    I love it already. The witchy/esoteric aesthetics and the random space stuff are something I cannot resist.
    Last edited by Bloody Grace; 04-08-2017 at 01:11 PM.
    My website! LOOK, ART!1
    A certain darkness is needed to see the stars - Under a warm tuscan sun